• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2018-2019 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Rangers go out and get some pitching? Minor is our Ace? Barf
I think there will be a lot of barfing this coming year and some the year following that one.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An update on the LSB Community Prospect Rankings.

Congratulations to Cole Ragans, who led the balloting to be named the #8 prospect in the LSB Community Prospect Rankings.

Our list so far:

1 — Hans Crouse

2 — Leody Taveras

3 — Bubba Thompson

4 — Joe Palumbo

5 — J.P. Martinez

6 — Cole Winn

7 — Taylor Hearn

8 — Cole Ragans

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean another veteran catcher or another very young catcher?

Here is a site if available FAs. Have to think even with IKF we need a guy who can catch 60 games. Some like Wieters who is available and is not a recent workhouse. There are non tendered guys too rule 5 and via trade too. Don’t know otherwise

2019 MLB Free Agents

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they should drop ticket prices too.
I'm thinking they should drop them a whole bunch because sitting in 100+ temps and watching a team that is going to struggle to not lose 100+ games isn't much of a draw

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers seeking pitching at Winter Meetings

Club needs
The Rangers have some young pitching in the Minor Leagues, but it still needs more development time. The Rangers aren't going to play at the high end of the free-agent market, but they need reliable starters who can at least give them innings and keep the young pitchers from being pushed too quickly. The Rangers aren't averse to taking chances on pitchers coming back from injury and they expect Edinson Volquez and Drew Smyly to be fully recovered from Tommy John surgery by the spring. But they need some dependable, healthy starters mixed in with that group.

Whom might they trade?
Get ready for more Shin-Soo Choo rumors. The Rangers have some depth in the outfield with a group that includes Choo, Joey Gallo, Nomar Mazara, Delino DeShields, Willie Calhoun and Carlos Tocci. Mazara and Gallo would likely net the most in a return. Choo's contract is down to two years left at $42 million, so it may be possible to draw some interest from other teams

Minor and Leclerc would certainly generate considerable interest, but trading them could be construed as a sign the Rangers expect this to be a drawn-out rebuilding program.

Prospects to know
The Rangers' top two prospects are center fielders Leody Taveras and Julio Pablo Martinez. Add in Bubba Thompson, their No. 1 Draft pick from 2017, Scott Heineman and Class A outfielder Miguel Aparicio, and the Rangers are deep in center field in the Minor Leagues. That could provide some trade depth.

Ariel Jurado and Yohander Mendezcombined for 13 starts as rookies last season. Up next in the pitching chain are left-hander Taylor Hearn and right-hander Jonathan Hernandez. Both would be coveted by other organizations.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a site if available FAs. Have to think even with IKF we need a guy who can catch 60 games. Some like Wieters who is available and is not a recent workhouse. There are non tendered guys too rule 5 and via trade too. Don’t know otherwise

2019 MLB Free Agents
To me, if we get a Rule 5 catcher then the Mathis pick up makes sense. If we don't get one then I don't understand a need for Mathis.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they should drop them a whole bunch because sitting in 100+ temps and watching a team that is going to struggle to not lose 100+ games isn't much of a draw
There will probably a lot of promotions with discounted tickets.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

They won’t drop because if they do there will be an uproar over a higher increase the year after.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers seeking pitching at Winter Meetings

Club needs
The Rangers have some young pitching in the Minor Leagues, but it still needs more development time. The Rangers aren't going to play at the high end of the free-agent market, but they need reliable starters who can at least give them innings and keep the young pitchers from being pushed too quickly. The Rangers aren't averse to taking chances on pitchers coming back from injury and they expect Edinson Volquez and Drew Smyly to be fully recovered from Tommy John surgery by the spring. But they need some dependable, healthy starters mixed in with that group.

Whom might they trade?
Get ready for more Shin-Soo Choo rumors. The Rangers have some depth in the outfield with a group that includes Choo, Joey Gallo, Nomar Mazara, Delino DeShields, Willie Calhoun and Carlos Tocci. Mazara and Gallo would likely net the most in a return. Choo's contract is down to two years left at $42 million, so it may be possible to draw some interest from other teams

Minor and Leclerc would certainly generate considerable interest, but trading them could be construed as a sign the Rangers expect this to be a drawn-out rebuilding program.

Prospects to know
The Rangers' top two prospects are center fielders Leody Taveras and Julio Pablo Martinez. Add in Bubba Thompson, their No. 1 Draft pick from 2017, Scott Heineman and Class A outfielder Miguel Aparicio, and the Rangers are deep in center field in the Minor Leagues. That could provide some trade depth.

Ariel Jurado and Yohander Mendezcombined for 13 starts as rookies last season. Up next in the pitching chain are left-hander Taylor Hearn and right-hander Jonathan Hernandez. Both would be coveted by other organizations.
The Rangers aren't averse to taking pitchers coming off a injury. Now there's a news flash. That's all they have been doing lately when acquiring pitching.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers aren't averse to taking pitchers coming off a injury. Now there's a news flash. That's all they have been doing lately when acquiring pitching.
Yes and it's a bad way to go.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

They won’t drop because if they do there will be an uproar over a higher increase the year after.
I know what you mean, but with the new ballpark tickets will most likely go up significantly anyway.

We have come a long way since kids could get in the General Admission seats in the outfield at Arlington Stadium for $2. Even adults were only $4.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attendance and the team are going to stink next year no matter what.

Just gotta hope that guys in the minors are progressing, the payroll outlook improves, and the front office is putting a long term plan together.

What are the bad outstanding contracts?

Has A-rod and fielder been fully paid off?

Will Choo be gone in the next year or so?

Lots of questions and I can’t wait for this team to have a higher payroll with the newest ball park in mlb.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attendance and the team are going to stink next year no matter what.

Just gotta hope that guys in the minors are progressing, the payroll outlook improves, and the front office is putting a long term plan together.

What are the bad outstanding contracts?

Has A-rod and fielder been fully paid off?

Will Choo be gone in the next year or so?

Lots of questions and I can’t wait for this team to have a higher payroll with the newest ball park in mlb.
Even with the Fielder and Choo deals we are 10s of millions of dollars behind what payroll was just a couple of years ago. I believe we are between $40-50 million behind that.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean, but with the new ballpark tickets will most likely go up significantly anyway.

We have come a long way since kids could get in the General Admission seats in the outfield at Arlington Stadium for $2. Even adults were only $4.

I enjoyed those 2 dollar seats as a teen Also the current ballpark had good prices at Greene Hill when once opened. My young son spotted me and my late Mom for the first game played there against the Mets

But yes ther will be a price hike regardless IMO.