• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2018-2019 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if it's not us.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if it's not us.

I still like to stop down for the postseason and there are teams I like better than others.

To be honest, I'd like to see the Brewers come back and take the pennant.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a better man than me in this area. I can not say I was rooting for the Sox although it is nice for Mitch to get a ring but I could not detest another Astros WS title. Perhaps a bad look for me and something I need to work on in my character but I am still chuckling.
Happy Friday

You might have a short memory friend.

Remember when hurricane Harvey put Houston under water and colossal douchebag Reid Ryan tried to bully JD into “swapping” series.

Reid Ryan didn’t notice or care that the rangers would’ve been screwing over our own home fans who bought tickets to the later games in September and would no longer get to go due to the straight up swap.

After JD declined, Ryan went to the media, threw us under the bus, and made us look as bad as humanly possible. In an interview a week later, he said that his main motivation for pursuing a “swap” instead of a relocation was because the rangers were in the wild card hunt and he didn’t want to “hurt the other teams chances” by giving us extra home games.

I really don’t care where the games were played. I mean, they were Astros home games. I think playing them at the trop or a neutral site was the ideal thing to do, but Reid Ryan made it a much bigger deal than it had to be and I can’t ever root for him to win anything ever again. The guy is a spoiled douche and only has that job because of who his daddy is.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have a short memory friend.

Remember when hurricane Harvey put Houston under water and colossal douchebag Reid Ryan tried to bully JD into “swapping” series.

Reid Ryan didn’t notice or care that the rangers would’ve been screwing over our own home fans who bought tickets to the later games in September and would no longer get to go due to the straight up swap.

After JD declined, Ryan went to the media, threw us under the bus, and made us look as bad as humanly possible. In an interview a week later, he said that his main motivation for pursuing a “swap” instead of a relocation was because the rangers were in the wild card hunt and he didn’t want to “hurt the other teams chances” by giving us extra home games.

I really don’t care where the games were played. I mean, they were Astros home games. I think playing them at the trop or a neutral site was the ideal thing to do, but Reid Ryan made it a much bigger deal than it had to be and I can’t ever root for him to win anything ever again. The guy is a spoiled douche and only has that job because of who his daddy is.

Yes not too classy look by Astros to fuel the hate against us.

And yes we were pretty much kicked out of Round Rock.

Seems like they are going to have to replenish as they are losing Morton most likely, Keuchel and a few more but the year after that they will have to sign some of their high dollar guys.

Some memories are good to lose

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Banister both fired for the same reason. Go fish.:scratch:

I’m not saying he should get the job, but I do have confidence he would be an upgrade over Banny especially in the “in game” decision area.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas' list of managerial candidates cut by 2

The Rangers pool of managerial candidates is being reduced as the Reds announced the hiring of David Bell as their new manager. An industry source said Joe Girardi is no longer in the running for the Rangers position, but is expected to remain with the MLB Network.

Both were among the eight known candidates to interview for the Rangers job in the past few weeks. The other six are interim manager Don Wakamatsu, farm director Jayce Tingler, Cubs bench coach Brandon Hyde, Phillies third-base coach Dusty Wathan, Astros bench coach Joe Espada and Rays field coordinator Rocco Baldelli.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So thought we might get a manager today or tomorrow but now looks like that is not happening. And meetings in Suprise tomorrow. So thought is Tingler is going to be key regardless of hire. Interesting how slow this is developing

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So thought we might get a manager today or tomorrow but now looks like that is not happening. And meetings in Suprise tomorrow. So thought is Tingler is going to be key regardless of hire. Interesting how slow this is developing

Honestly I don't think the rangers are going slow as much as the others just went fast.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think the rangers are going slow as much as the others just went fast.
Maybe so, guess thought they would get manager in place before team meetings.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, guess thought they would get manager in place before team meetings.
When they hired Banister he was already hired by now. They are taking longer this time. Whether that is slow or not I guess is up for debate. For some reason I didn't expect anything as of now, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they announce in the next 3-5 days.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers (Surprise)
Yanio Perez plated a run with a sacrifice fly but went 0-for-3 as the Saguaros' designated hitter. Demarcus Evans was sharp out of the bullpen as he recorded four of his five outs via strikeout while tossing 1 2/3 hitless innings. Rangers No. 15 prospect C.D. Pelham was tagged for two earned runs on three hits in 1 1/3 frames.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this WS over so the offseason can get going full speed.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3