• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas comes home to face an old friend in Nelson Cruz.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Young explains why he thinks Josh Hamilton didn't quit on Rangers and why he supported the trade | Dallas Morning News

“First it’s pretty interesting to throw out there if you don’t know for sure, to sit there and suggest a guy quit, especially when you’re talking about a dropped ball. That’s a physical error, that doesn’t mean a guy quit. There were mistakes that entire season, that entire series. The wildcard game is interesting. People seem to suggest Josh quit because he saw a certain amount of pitches because that led him to get an out quickly for an 0 for 4. Well that’s who Josh is. When Josh was here he was basically a left-handed version of (Vladimir Guerrero). Josh was aggressive. Josh was very instinctive. If he saw something there he went after it. That was the same approach that led to him have a four homer game and hit a first-pitch homer in the 10 inning of a World Series game. … Quit is something I don’t toss out there unless I’m absolutely certain and know Josh didn’t quit on us. If that did happen I wouldn’t have been completely back on board with Josh coming back here, which I am.”

I am okay with Hamilton coming back as I think he has realized a few things since he left and wss in his corner until the last few months. Don't care what MY because I know what I saw and it was a mental midget who kicked his team in the pants. There were other things besides those obvious issues mentioned including a big west coast swing that all of a sudden he had problems seeing. There is no justification his play at the end but with that said I hope he comes back with a vengeance.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hamilton won't be back til late May probably, so plenty of time still to sort things out still

If Odor is struggling then Rua could possibly get his ABs at 2B, but only if it was on a permanent basis an getting regular ABs

Odor in that scenario Odor would probably spend some needed time in AAA

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! it got removed. But have no fear!

Pretty damn cold if you ask me. Certainly not necessary or helpful. Bad taste and provocative to say the least but LAA typical.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it for the simple fact the Angels are taking a big hit once again.

I believe it cost them about $110 million for two years, 31 HRs and 123 RBI.

Boy, $110,000,000 just doesn't buy ya what it once did.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DDJ in RF tonight in place of Choo.

It says Smolinski on MLB starting nine is in RF. DeShields is in LF, which is where I'm sitting at the game tonight. I'm assuming both of them are playing because Detwiler is on the mound and they're the best defenders of the bunch.

Last edited:

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says Smolinski on MLB starting nine is in RF. DeShields is in LF, which is where I'm sitting at the game tonight. I'm assuming both of them are playing because Detwiler is on the mound and they're the best defenders of the bunch.

Yes you're right, read the lineup wrong. Either way, Choo is out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not feeling really good about this one tonight based on how Detwiler has pitched and our great offensive output.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feeling really good about this one tonight based on how Detwiler has pitched and our great offensive output.

Me neither, and I have tickets for tomorrows game and the pitching match up is King Felix/Wandy. This smells like a sweep. I'll guess that we score 4 total between the 2 games.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really feel good about any game we play this year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither, and I have tickets for tomorrows game and the pitching match up is King Felix/Wandy. This smells like a sweep. I'll guess that we score 4 total between the 2 games.

That would be 2 more than their 1 run per game avg. Where is this offensive explosion you project coming from? Just jacking w you

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Don't worry ... good chance he will be out of the game before he gets one time through the batting order. Hopefully that is before too much damage is done. Just think of this as an exhibition game.