• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Okie reportedly interested in joining SEC ....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, KU seems like a good match for the B1G. Does ISU have a sufficient endowed fund?
That's a good question. I don't know shit about ISU's endowment. I do know they are AAU and the BIG 10 is pretty protective of their brand, of which academics is big part of that.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, KU seems like a good match for the B1G. Does ISU have a sufficient endowed fund?
I would really think the BIG would try and snag ISU considering the Iowa lineage. But these things always seem to go weird in some way so who knows.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really think the BIG would try and snag ISU considering the Iowa lineage. But these things always seem to go weird in some way so who knows.
I don't think the BIG would make the first move for KU or ISU, ultimately that's OU, UT, and the SEC. If ISU lands in the BIG, it's the BIG protecting themselves instead of holding out for a white whale like Notre Dame, imo.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the BIG would make the first move for KU or ISU, ultimately that's OU, UT, and the SEC.
I don't know if I'm just retarded or what but I didn't fallow this statement at all, care to rephrase for the moron in the room :gaah:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'm just retarded or what but I didn't fallow this statement at all, care to rephrase for the moron in the room :gaah:
The BIG isn't setting this into motion per se. But they will react to it so as to prevent the other conferences from catching them flat-footed. Which may be good news for KU and some other school. Maybe ISU. We'll see.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC apparently reached out to Texas and Oklahoma as well. Obviously they were never going to come to the ACC but it clearly says that the ACC will keep up with the SEC additions. First lock is Notre Dame. Then, unfortunately, probably WVU. Maybe they can get Maryland back into the fold.
I can’t see Maryland tucking their tail and heading back to the ACC. Notre Dame and West Virginia I can see as legit possibilities. Here’s how I could see the division’s if those moves happened:
North - BC, Syracuse, Pitt, ND, UVA, VT, Louisville, WVU
South - Duke, UNC, NC State, WF, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t see Maryland tucking their tail and heading back to the ACC. Notre Dame and West Virginia I can see as legit possibilities. Here’s how I could see the division’s if those moves happened:
North - BC, Syracuse, Pitt, ND, UVA, VT, Louisville, WVU
South - Duke, UNC, NC State, WF, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami
Do you agree that the Domers should be given the ultimatum, no more half-in booshyte? I still wouldn't be surprised if NBC and NCAA closed ranks and found a way to kiss their ass.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the TexAgs board..... Aggies are some special people

"
It's time we throw our weight around. We should threaten to leave the conference. We can go back to the big12 and actually make something of it. Invite UH and SMU back and maybe even invite Missouri, Arkansas and whoever the hell else would join and run the show.

We need to quit pretending like we can't do things on our own. Hell I'd even prefer to go independent like ND than put up with this garbage.
"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"
It's time we throw our weight around. We should threaten to leave the conference. We can go back to the big12 and actually make something of it. Invite UH and SMU back and maybe even invite Missouri, Arkansas and whoever the hell else would join and run the show.

We need to quit pretending like we can't do things on our own. Hell I'd even prefer to go independent like ND than put up with this garbage.
"
What the fuck did they think was gonna eventually happen when they, Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado left the conference? Clowns.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck did they think was gonna eventually happen when they, Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado left the conference? Clowns.
LOL, reading the Aggie boards are entertaining, a lot of pissed off fans.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"

"
Try being in the military and working with them. Holy fuck, biggest jackasses ever. Some damn good ones, majority fucking incompetent and insecure.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dora the Explorer to the MAC. Tuesday nights Dora vs Kent State, bring it the fuck on. Here for the party and it will last as long as we ain’t dead.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"

"
LMFAO. I looked up the payouts:

Average payout $44.6 mil in '20 for SEC.
$34.5 mil for B12.

So they'll be "making something of it" with around $10m less a year. Not to mention the two big tickets leaving the conference, (likely) impacting revenues more, and their athletic department making debt payments. Uh, no.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO. I looked up the payouts:

Average payout $44.6 mil in '20 for SEC.
$34.5 mil for B12.

So they'll be "making something of it" with around $10m less a year. Not to mention the two big tickets leaving the conference, (likely) impacting revenues more, and their athletic department making debt payments. Uh, no.

Well, if there's one thing A&M doesn't really need it's money.

Seems like we have a trend of playing teams right before they enter the SEC. Played A&M from 2009-2012 then they joined, now we play Texas this season. I'm curious to see what happens to TCU, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas Tech because the glass-half-full thinking for Arkansas fans is we might be able to get some Texas recruits from them that we aren't getting now hinging on the fallout of all of this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be aTm, might set up a bookie event for this one.
If they vote no it’s a show for the fans is all. It has came out they have known about this all along.