• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans scout texted Dak Prescott to confirm draft day phone #

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something Jerry Jones would do after one too many scotches at lunch...

I'm sure the follow up to the press to clean up the damage will be "we text every player just in case"...
Why would you tesxt a guy whose phone number you don't know? It makes no sense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep never looked as good as Dak. He had a strong arm and wrote himself a letter when he was in middle school saying he would be a QB. The only reason he got the hype he did.

And no, not any QB could have a great season. This is the exact same offense as last year and no QB could do what Dak is doing.
Having an excellent running game and a great offensive line helps a lot. He's a nice piece of the puzzle but certainly is no better than a healthy Romo.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an excellent running game and a great offensive line helps a lot. He's a nice piece of the puzzle but certainly is no better than a healthy Romo.

He hasn't shit the bed yet.

None of those heart breaking INTs with the game on the line.

Just win baby....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't shit the bed yet.

None of those heart breaking INTs with the game on the line.

Just win baby....
He certainly has done a credible job. You don't QB the team with the league's best record unless you can play.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
certainly is no better than a healthy Romo.

And yet, here we are with Romo healthy and on the bench. Prescott is currently playing as well as Tony had ever played in any of his 11 seasons. He is putting the team in position to win every time he is on the field. Romo's best season was arguably 2014. He rarely put Dallas in a bad position and had career highs in nearly every statistical category with the exception of yards thrown. That is the only season that has bettered the one Dak is having (statistically). The only one.
So for all the would he/won't he be as good on team X as he is on Dallas, keep this in mind; as good as Tony has been for his career (and he played on a few good teams and a few terrible teams) Dak is stacking up to Tony as a rookie.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak's calm demeanor, confidence and talent level could achieve success on any team. Would he guide every team to 10-1? No. But you can't deny Dak has made us a better team, likely better than having a healthy Romo. Claiming his success is solely on having our OL and running game is the only way some can justify saying anything negative about him. Adding to that - the Romo haters really hate the fact that Dak is likeable. Now they don't know how to direct their negativity.

Could you kindly provide the list of posters who claimed his success is soley on having their OL and running game?

Thanks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you kindly provide the list of posters who claimed his success is soley on having their OL and running game?

Thanks.
Not sure about solely, but I'd say when you read over and over how most times someone has a comment on Dak they throw in the OL and/or Elliott it's safe to infer they are either just trying to knock him down or they feel it's a big part of his success. "Solely"...that's just semantics on a sports board...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, here we are with Romo healthy and on the bench. Prescott is currently playing as well as Tony had ever played in any of his 11 seasons. He is putting the team in position to win every time he is on the field. Romo's best season was arguably 2014. He rarely put Dallas in a bad position and had career highs in nearly every statistical category with the exception of yards thrown. That is the only season that has bettered the one Dak is having (statistically). The only one.
So for all the would he/won't he be as good on team X as he is on Dallas, keep this in mind; as good as Tony has been for his career (and he played on a few good teams and a few terrible teams) Dak is stacking up to Tony as a rookie.
I agree. He is doing very well. So much of success in the NFL is being in the right place at the right time and making the most of your opportunity. Prescott has certainly done that. He's played his part.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about solely, but I'd say when you read over and over how most times someone has a comment on Dak they throw in the OL and/or Elliott it's safe to infer they are either just trying to knock him down or they feel it's a big part of his success. "Solely"...that's just semantics on a sports board...

His word, not mine. And it clearly means he is claiming posters are using the OL and run game as the SOLE reason for his success and that's simply not true. I think it's fair to point to it as a big factor but also fair for you to assume he would have success on other teams. Just not Cleveland. :D

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it, I think he is a special talent. Prior to the Eagles making all those moves to get Wentz, I was hoping to walk out of this draft with Dak. I thought he was a special player in college and still think so. I do agree that having Elliott and that OL helps immensely, but as someone said, 3 other QB's had that OL last year, but Elliott was not there.
The question I keep playing in my mind is would I rather have Wentz or Dak, possibly Elliott (It was said that Wentz was not getting past the Cowboys), or someone else at 8?
I hate when the Cowboys are good.

Don't second guess it. Weintz will get better when Howie adds talent. There's just way too many holes on offense for Weintz to over come. His numbers would be so much better if Maclin, D-Jax and Mccoy were still on the roster and Lane Johnson stops getting susp.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point I've been trying to make concerning Dak Prescott.

One could debate Elliot vs McFadden if you wish but McFadden wasn't chopped liver last year.

The one difference on offense is Prescott. That's why he's my MVP.

From shit on a stick to 10-1 in one fell swoop.....

All this means is:

Dak > Cassel, Weeden, Moore

but don't forget that also...

Elliott > McFadden, Randle

...and Dez also missed 5 games, Witten missed 2 games, etc.

Elliott >>> McFadden, has already passed McFadden's rushing total from last year, 12 TDs vs 3, 5.1 ypc vs 4.6, etc.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is:

Elliott >>> McFadden, has already passed McFadden's rushing total from last year, 12 TDs vs 3, 5.1 ypc vs 4.6, etc.

No.

It means the whole team is almost the exact same team but for an upgrade at running back. You can't say McFadden was bad.

And Dak.

Dez has missed games this year too.

Without Dak this year it collapses like a house of cards. And you bet your fucking ass he's better than any of those chumps you listed, or anybody patrolling the field behind your O-line this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is:

:stephena:

Witten no miss no games man...

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is:

They won 4 games last year. They are 10-1 now. That's a HUGE difference. Dak is a little more than just ">" than those characters and McFadden only started like 12 games last year and Dez missed time this year and so did...oh forget it... you've made up your mind...I'll put you in the Dak is having a good year because every other Cowboy is the greatest in history group:thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott and Co. have started drives in opposing territory only eight times this season. Eight. That speaks to its incredible efficiency this season, averaging 28.7 points per game. Imagine what it could do with a few more short fields.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott and Co. have started drives in opposing territory only eight times this season. Eight. That speaks to its incredible efficiency this season, averaging 28.7 points per game. Imagine what it could do with a few more short fields.

They move the ball and eat clock.

They are allowing opponents one less possession per game than last year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is:

WTF? Witten hasn't missed a game in like 15 years. Dez missed games last year and this year (7 last year to 3 this year already)