• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans scout texted Dak Prescott to confirm draft day phone #

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak's style is nothing like Kaep, Vick, Cam, or Rg3.

Reminds me more of Wilson if looking for comparision... a lot of poise in the pocket and makes smart decisions with football.

He has been very impressive to date...

Wilson 3rd round pick... Dak 4th round pick... those are 2 draft steals.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very true. The only counter I can see is he clearly benefits from the best OL and a great running game. Put him on Cleveland, or watch some of those OL depart via free agency, and we might have a different picture.

But you are right, as of now in this situation he has been totally different than the other QBs mentioned. And i'm not even sure why Cam is being discussed. I hate that rat bastard too but he was the MVP of the league after his rookie season.
Being a fan of an NFC East team I am sure you watch a lot of Cowboy games. Dak has not sat back for the most part and had all day to throw in most games. He has been hit quick and often in a bunch of games and has alluded many would be sacks that make his OL look better. the Dallas OL is great and helps no doubt, but not the reason Dak is playing so well. A great running game helps all QBs for sure too, but it's been Dak making plays at the biggest point in most of the games so far. Cowboy MVP is Prescott. Elliott and the OL may all end up All Pro, but if you have to pick one...Dak is the main reason for 10-1. He is just a winner

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a fan of an NFC East team I am sure you watch a lot of Cowboy games. Dak has not sat back for the most part and had all day to throw in most games. He has been hit quick and often in a bunch of games and has alluded many would be sacks that make his OL look better. the Dallas OL is great and helps no doubt, but not the reason Dak is playing so well. A great running game helps all QBs for sure too, but it's been Dak making plays at the biggest point in most of the games so far. Cowboy MVP is Prescott. Elliott and the OL may all end up All Pro, but if you have to pick one...Dak is the main reason for 10-1. He is just a winner

Fair enough. But my point is it's a good marriage, if he was in Cleveland he would not be in the MVP conversation. But then again nobody who has ever been in Cleveland was in an MVP conversation

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He def wouldn't have the same success in Houston. Or anywhere else.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not his fault. I think there are some really good NFL QBs that end up in bad situations and can't learn properly. You learn some really bad habits when you are running for your life. Brady stepped into a great situation and look at him now. Dak is also stepping into a great situation to learn and grow. These bad teams draft a QB and neglect their O line then wonder why their QB is playing terrible as they get hit over and over and over again. More teams need to invest in oline but it isn't sexy and doesn't sell jerseys.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it, I think he is a special talent. Prior to the Eagles making all those moves to get Wentz, I was hoping to walk out of this draft with Dak. I thought he was a special player in college and still think so. I do agree that having Elliott and that OL helps immensely, but as someone said, 3 other QB's had that OL last year, but Elliott was not there.
The question I keep playing in my mind is would I rather have Wentz or Dak, possibly Elliott (It was said that Wentz was not getting past the Cowboys), or someone else at 8?
I hate when the Cowboys are good.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak's calm demeanor, confidence and talent level could achieve success on any team. Would he guide every team to 10-1? No. But you can't deny Dak has made us a better team, likely better than having a healthy Romo. Claiming his success is solely on having our OL and running game is the only way some can justify saying anything negative about him. Adding to that - the Romo haters really hate the fact that Dak is likeable. Now they don't know how to direct their negativity.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not his fault. I think there are some really good NFL QBs that end up in bad situations and can't learn properly. You learn some really bad habits when you are running for your life. Brady stepped into a great situation and look at him now. Dak is also stepping into a great situation to learn and grow. These bad teams draft a QB and neglect their O line then wonder why their QB is playing terrible as they get hit over and over and over again. More teams need to invest in oline but it isn't sexy and doesn't sell jerseys.

For sure. It's like Stafford. If he was drafted by Denver or Dallas he'd prob have a SB by now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you (and others) are wrong IMO. In Cleveland he wouldn't be in the MVP race of course or have quite the same impact, but on many other teams he would. I don't know how much you guys have watched him but he is just playing incredibly right now. He is winning games, he isn't just handing the ball off. There have been many games that Dallas had to either come from behind or score to put the game away and the only one they didn't succeed in was the Giant game and Dak did his job there. He just couldn't help that his players didn't know to get out of bounds. He is so careful with the ball and so clutch. Tony Romo is sitting on the bench because of this guy and how good he is playing. I can't think of too many young QBs that would accomplish that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you (and others) are wrong IMO. In Cleveland he wouldn't be in the MVP race of course or have quite the same impact, but on many other teams he would. I don't know how much you guys have watched him but he is just playing incredibly right now. He is winning games, he isn't just handing the ball off. There have been many games that Dallas had to either come from behind or score to put the game away and the only one they didn't succeed in was the Giant game and Dak did his job there. He just couldn't help that his players didn't know to get out of bounds. He is so careful with the ball and so clutch. Tony Romo is sitting on the bench because of this guy and how good he is playing. I can't think of too many young QBs that would accomplish that.

Man, this whole argument is a carbon copy of the one that surrounded Wilson in his early years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen him play all year. He's good, but he also has the best O line and RB in football. No one else does.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Dak was a senior with more playing time than Goff & less raw. Also because Goff is far more talented than Dak, but I don't expect that to show until around his 3rd or 4th season.

And like I said; I always thought Dak was an ok prospect. Ok is ok. I'm not trashing him. I'm just also not buying this hype like 98% of gullible, NFL fans.

I didn't buy the RGIII hype in 2012 either. Almost everyone else on planet earth bought it.

I didn't buy the Cam Newton hype last year. Almost everyone else on planet earth bought it. Cam's career almost identically follows that of Kaepernick in terms of having 1 great season, some postseason success and nearly identical stats. His style of play looks great for stretches, but it never lasts in the long run (see Michael Vick).

Man, you musy be some kinda sage, nothin' fools you when it comes to quarterbacks!:rolleyes2:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dime a dozen...like emmitt & troy

one side you have Dallas ain't won shit for 20 years, suck ass and on the other side you have Dallas and the abundance of talent....plug & play without question

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I wasn't too far off.

And I fully expected whoever was Dallas' QB to have a great year this season. But he's nothing special, and that will show when he's one & done in the playoffs.

Kaepernick looked great early on too, but I was never convinced.
People forget that Kaep had problems from day one with progressions and was a run first qb. Dak is doind it in the pocket with a pass first run second mentality.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak plays behind the best line, with the league's leading rusher, and has only been sacked 15 times (28th in the league). He's played efficiently and hasn't turned the ball over (2 INT, 2 FUM). I wouldn't compare him to rookie seasons by RG3 and Cam because he's not producing the way they did, or being relied upon for offense like they were. He's 22nd in the league in pass attempts, over 100 behind Brees at #1 and 17th in passing yards per game. His 23 combined TDs are far behind Brees' 32 as well. He has been an excellent game manager thus far, much better than I expected based on his college play. Time in the pocket to throw certainly helps.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you hammer this same point in the early/mid 90's ?

Of course not. Everyone knows the Lions had the best RB in football back then.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the exact same offense as last year and no QB could do what Dak is doing.

This is the point I've been trying to make concerning Dak Prescott.

One could debate Elliot vs McFadden if you wish but McFadden wasn't chopped liver last year.

The one difference on offense is Prescott. That's why he's my MVP.

From shit on a stick to 10-1 in one fell swoop.....