• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans scout texted Dak Prescott to confirm draft day phone #

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
however, it went to some triathlete chick.

saw it on facebook...now I have to walk away from my desk

once of the comments was "was she making a sandwich when she replied"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something Jerry Jones would do after one too many scotches at lunch...

I'm sure the follow up to the press to clean up the damage will be "we text every player just in case"...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
y'all still laughing? :evil:

Actually, I wasn't too far off.

And I fully expected whoever was Dallas' QB to have a great year this season. But he's nothing special, and that will show when he's one & done in the playoffs.

Kaepernick looked great early on too, but I was never convinced.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I wasn't too far off.

And I fully expected whoever was Dallas' QB to have a great year this season. But he's nothing special, and that will show when he's one & done in the playoffs.

Kaepernick looked great early on too, but I was never convinced.

Kaep never looked as good as Dak. He had a strong arm and wrote himself a letter when he was in middle school saying he would be a QB. The only reason he got the hype he did.

And no, not any QB could have a great season. This is the exact same offense as last year and no QB could do what Dak is doing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kaep never looked as good as Dak.

Yes he did. But I never fell for it, unlike the rest of the Gold-Fish-Memory NFL fans did.

Dak is an ok QB. He's off to an amazing start, and he had an even more amazing supporting cast, but he's nothing special, and his postseason performance will prove this.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did. But I never fell for it, unlike the rest of the Gold-Fish-Memory NFL fans did.

Dak is an ok QB. He's off to an amazing start, and he had an even more amazing supporting cast, but he's nothing special, and his postseason performance will prove this.

:L

So in his 5 fucking passes his rookie year he looked as good as Dak? In Kaeps 2nd year he attempted a grand total of 218 passes. Dak already has 231 completions this year, again as a rookie. Dak is currently sitting in his rookie year at 10 points higher in his QB Rating than Kaep did in his 2nd year.

As I already said, three guys attempted to do what Dak is doing with the same cast and none could last year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

In Kaeps 2nd year he attempted a grand total of 218 passes. Dak already has 231 completions this year, again as a rookie.

That's because Harbaugh ran a purposely-slow, run-heavy offense.

I fully expect him to put up good numbers in the regular season, but lots of ok QBs do that & do nothing in the postseason (see Romo, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton and so on). This will define Dak's career.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Harbaugh ran a purposely-slow, run-heavy offense.

I fully expect him to put up good numbers in the regular season, but lots of ok QBs do that & do nothing in the postseason (see Romo, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton and so on). This will define Dak's career.

If there is anything at all to back up your claim he will do nothing in the playoffs I'd love to hear it. Sounds just like sour grapes and hopes, honestly.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If there is anything at all to back up your claim he will do nothing in the playoffs I'd love to hear it. Sounds just like sour grapes and hopes, honestly.

Sour grapes implies I really wanted him to begin with. I didn't, and I still don't. I'm not notoriously short-sided like 98% of NFL fans. I don't call Goff a bust because he hasn't done anything yet (I wouldn't even think about starting Goff until year 2 if I were his coach). I never bought the Wentz hype at the beginning of the year either; Wentz is nothing special either.

Dak
would suck out loud on the 49ers.

If he balls out in the postseason, you can come back to this thread & serve me a plate of crow. If he's one & done, I can.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sour grapes implies I really wanted him to begin with. I didn't, and I still don't. I'm not notoriously short-sided like 98% of NFL fans. I don't call Goff a bust because he hasn't done anything yet (I wouldn't even think about starting Goff until year 2 if I were his coach). I never bought the Wentz hype at the beginning of the year either; Wentz is nothing special either.

Dak
would suck out loud on the 49ers.

If he balls out in the postseason, you can come back to this thread & serve me a plate of crow. If he's one & done, I can.

So if he as a rookie doesn't win in the playoffs then you would bump this as proof he won't win in the playoffs.

but Goff you give a pass because rookies shouldn't be playing this early. Why is that? Because they aren't ready? But one is playing and is doing things never seen before by a rookie and you dismiss him.

lel and you are still trying to find a salient point other than just saying you want Dallas to fail.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So if he as a rookie doesn't win in the playoffs then you would bump this as proof he won't win in the playoffs.

but Goff you give a pass because rookies shouldn't be playing this early. Why is that?

Because Dak was a senior with more playing time than Goff & less raw. Also because Goff is far more talented than Dak, but I don't expect that to show until around his 3rd or 4th season.

And like I said; I always thought Dak was an ok prospect. Ok is ok. I'm not trashing him. I'm just also not buying this hype like 98% of gullible, NFL fans.

I didn't buy the RGIII hype in 2012 either. Almost everyone else on planet earth bought it.

I didn't buy the Cam Newton hype last year. Almost everyone else on planet earth bought it. Cam's career almost identically follows that of Kaepernick in terms of having 1 great season, some postseason success and nearly identical stats. His style of play looks great for stretches, but it never lasts in the long run (see Michael Vick).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Dak was a senior with more playing time than Goff & less raw. Also because Goff is far more talented than Dak, but I don't expect that to show until around his 3rd or 4th season.

And like I said; I always thought Dak was an ok prospect. Ok is ok. I'm not trashing him. I'm just also not buying this hype like 98% of gullible, NFL fans.

I didn't buy the RGIII hype in 2012 either. Almost everyone else on planet earth bought it.

I didn't buy the Cam Newton hype last year. Almost everyone else on planet earth bought it. Cam's career almost identically follows that of Kaepernick in terms of having 1 great season, some postseason success and nearly identical stats. His style of play looks great for stretches, but it never lasts in the long run (see Michael Vick).

Dak's style is nothing like Kaep, Vick, Cam, or Rg3.

There is nothing other than "get off my lawn" comments like you never think anyone will be any good. Keep up the good work, I guess.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dak's style is nothing like Kaep, Vick, Cam, or Rg3.

I didn't say it was. That comment was an indictment of Cam's playing style, not Dak's.

Dak isn't on Goff's level in terms of being able to quickly & accurately hit open receivers. He's an ok QB. That's about it.

There is nothing other than "get off my lawn" comments like you never think anyone will be any good. Keep up the good work, I guess.

Not true. I thought Luck would be good (he was great, but the Colts may be ruining his career via injuries). I think Goff Will be good. I think Mitch Trubisky will be good unless the Browns draft him. I think Connor Cook will be good if he ever gets a chance to show what he can do.

There haven't been a ton of QBs I've liked in the last few years, but there have been some.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they would have found a way to reach him if they really intended to draft him before Dallas. Non story.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me sick to agree with a Dallas fan 2 posts in a row, especially this guy. But he is right, to date (which is all we have) Dak has been the total package. Sure he could flame out as some have but to claim he will melt in the playoffs, with this supporting cast, is a reach.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny when Dak is nothing like the other QBs from recent years (RGIII, Cam, Foles) that have had good starts to their career, but people want to say he will shit the bed just because they did (Well, I never liked Cam, but wouldn't say he shit the bed after one good year to start his career). It's just a convenient way to knock down a Cowboy IMO or justify someone's own poor scouting report. If you want to compare him to a recent QB Wilson would be the guy and he got better after year 1. Heck, his style is more like a young Brady than it is RGIII if you want to reach, but you don't see Cowboy fans putting him in the HOF. We can only grade Prescott on what we have seen from him, not others and so far that has been amazing in so many ways. Will it keep up at this incredible level? Probably not, but comparing him to guys that were never accurate and never seemed to portray the skill set of a pure NFL QB is stupid.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So in his 5 fucking passes his rookie year he looked as good as Dak? In Kaeps 2nd year he attempted a grand total of 218 passes. Dak already has 231 completions this year, again as a rookie. Dak is currently sitting in his rookie year at 10 points higher in his QB Rating than Kaep did in his 2nd year.

As I already said, three guys attempted to do what Dak is doing with the same cast and none could last year.
Love the football experts that compare Dak to Kaep. They are both African American....there's that. End of comparison :L

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny when Dak is nothing like the other QBs from recent years (RGIII, Cam, Foles) that have had good starts to their career, but people want to say he will shit the bed just because they did (Well, I never liked Cam, but wouldn't say he shit the bed after one good year to start his career). It's just a convenient way to knock down a Cowboy IMO or justify someone's own poor scouting report. If you want to compare him to a recent QB Wilson would be the guy and he got better after year 1. Heck, his style is more like a young Brady than it is RGIII if you want to reach, but you don't see Cowboy fans putting him in the HOF. We can only grade Prescott on what we have seen from him, not others and so far that has been amazing in so many ways. Will it keep up at this incredible level? Probably not, but comparing him to guys that were never accurate and never seemed to portray the skill set of a pure NFL QB is stupid.

All very true. The only counter I can see is he clearly benefits from the best OL and a great running game. Put him on Cleveland, or watch some of those OL depart via free agency, and we might have a different picture.

But you are right, as of now in this situation he has been totally different than the other QBs mentioned. And i'm not even sure why Cam is being discussed. I hate that rat bastard too but he was the MVP of the league after his rookie season.