• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans finally showing their hands

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think. They are suppose to be high on him. This should be good for the rams with Clowney and a QB already off the board. Someone should move up. I'll be shocked if they can't trade back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been the rap on Bortles, that he would need some development time. With Fitz on board, he can start until Bortles is ready. Or, they could go with a QB later I suppose, like Mettenberger who is recovering from injury.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, the Raiders traded for Schaub, but the Texans signed Fitzpatrick. It is crystal clear that the Texans are picking Clowney to pair with JJ Watt. The Raiders will want to move up, but to get WATKINS, not a QB. Atlanta won't want to move up when Houston takes Clowney. Cleveland will take a QB.
In my opinion, our only logical play is to stay at #2 and take Watkins and then look at FS or OT at #13, whichever is not picked at #13 in the 2nd and OG in the 3rd...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, the Raiders traded for Schaub, but the Texans signed Fitzpatrick. It is crystal clear that the Texans are picking Clowney to pair with JJ Watt. The Raiders will want to move up, but to get WATKINS, not a QB. Atlanta won't want to move up when Houston takes Clowney. Cleveland will take a QB.
In my opinion, our only logical play is to stay at #2 and take Watkins and then look at FS or OT at #13, whichever is not picked at #13 in the 2nd and OG in the 3rd...

So you think they are going with Fitzpatrick as the starter?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that the Texans think that Fitzpatrick is their answer at QB? I also just read on Shutdown Corner that Manziel was spotted at a Rockets game on Thursday with Texans RB Arian Foster. Just circumstantial evidence I know, but it is interesting. I don't think we can draw any conclusions from this one way or another.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they do not think Fitz is the long term answer, but I sure as hell could see them taking Clowney with the first pick and then drafting someone like Carr, Garappolo or McCarron with the 1st pick of round 2... makes a TON of sense to me.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't BELIEVE how dumb the Raiders Franchise is. Why on earth would they trade for a QB that is going to be cut very soon anyways? They're taking on his bloated salary and contract. SOOOOOOOO DUMB it makes my blood boil.
BTW when a team moves up there are conditions on who they're going to pick. The Rams will ask who are you going to take and the Raiders will tell them. So I don't think the Rams will get screwed out of anything.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they do not think Fitz is the long term answer, but I sure as hell could see them taking Clowney with the first pick and then drafting someone like Carr, Garappolo or McCarron with the 1st pick of round 2... makes a TON of sense to me.
They said the same thing about the Rams when it came to Suh. The Rams could just take Colt McCoy or Tebow in Round 2.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no guarantee that the QB they want will be there in the second rd.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Clayton and cougar!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article on Shutdown Corner that the writer seems to think that the exact opposite is true----that the fact Houston traded away Shaub, and signed a journeyman backup in Fitzpatrick would indicate that they are almost certainly going to draft a QB early. So many ways to view this, it's no more clear than it ever was as far as I'm concerned.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...xans-thinking-qb-first-overall-152333445.html

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't BELIEVE how dumb the Raiders Franchise is. Why on earth would they trade for a QB that is going to be cut very soon anyways? They're taking on his bloated salary and contract. SOOOOOOOO DUMB it makes my blood boil.
BTW when a team moves up there are conditions on who they're going to pick. The Rams will ask who are you going to take and the Raiders will tell them. So I don't think the Rams will get screwed out of anything.

Reportedly the Browns were also interested in Schaub. Also, the Redskins have tons of cap space. Someone claimed the Texans were paying Schaub's salary, but I haven't seen that info online anywhere.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly the Browns were also interested in Schaub. Also, the Redskins have tons of cap space. Someone claimed the Texans were paying Schaub's salary, but I haven't seen that info online anywhere.

The Texans are taking his Guaranteed money which is only a couple of million and the Raiders are on the hook for the rest. IMO this is why bad teams remain bad. Sloob had an awful year last year and I don't know how any GM or FO can justify paying his bloated salary. :wtf2:
The Texans were going to cut him no matter what happened so I just don't understand why they couldn't get him on the open market. It's not like a teams would have been fighting over him lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right jacobarch. Instead of waiting for Schaub to land on the open market and because Mark Davis is an idiot with gobs of money, he jumped all over this train wreck with the enthusiasm that rivals a hungry dog finally getting to eat.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right jacobarch. Instead of waiting for Schaub to land on the open market and because Mark Davis is an idiot with gobs of money, he jumped all over this train wreck with the enthusiasm that rivals a hungry dog finally getting to eat.

just wish the raiders were in our division........

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to trade with the Raiders!!!