• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans - Bills

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hear the rumor the Texans are trying to trade down and the Buffalo Bills may be their trading partner?

I would assume the Bills would go up for Clowney. They'd have to give a shit load, but damn, that defense would look good!

Then it puts us in the spot where all the QBs would still be there and a team like Oakland at five or Minnesota at eight might want to trade up to make sure the Jags and Browns don't steal their QB. Texans would probably feel conformable enough that they can draft a QB at #9 (maybe Manziel is a "more reasonable" pick at number 9 compared to number 1 in their books...)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hear the rumor the Texans are trying to trade down and the Buffalo Bills may be their trading partner?

I would assume the Bills would go up for Clowney. They'd have to give a shit load, but damn, that defense would look good!

Then it puts us in the spot where all the QBs would still be there and a team like Oakland at five or Minnesota at eight might want to trade up to make sure the Jags and Browns don't steal their QB. Texans would probably feel conformable enough that they can draft a QB at #9 (maybe Manziel is a "more reasonable" pick at number 9 compared to number 1 in their books...)

NFL Draft rumors 2014: Buffalo Bills want to trade up? - Buffalo Rumblings

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hope that this doesn't materialize. The 2nd pick will really become devalued if that happens. Nobody will want to trade up for a QB then, knowing we aren't going to draft a QB, seeing how much Fisher and Bradford are in love. Anybody interested would likely target the 3rd pick in the draft instead to trade up to then. Clowney is the only one that will make teams drool and over-spend.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Bills will trade up that far unless it comes cheaply.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills trading up to #1 would be the dumbest trade in the history of the NFL if they follow the value chart at all

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other story I read was the Bills trading up to #4 to get Robinson in addition to the Rams and Falcons swapping... in that scenario we had our choice of Watkins or Matthews at #6... who knows anymore

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they want Mack

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills should want offense, right?

A double trade down would make sense in a make or break year for Bradford so they'd have enough resources to get a QB next year if they needed to get one

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams move to 6 and Watkins is still there they could move again and potentially have 3 picks in the first half of the 2nd or something of that sort. What if the Rams could have two picks close together and take Dennard and Clinton-Dix. I wouldn't mid that 1 bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills should want offense, right?

A double trade down would make sense in a make or break year for Bradford so they'd have enough resources to get a QB next year if they needed to get one

Well, they drafted their QB in the first round last year, have CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson at RB, have Stevie Johnson, Woods, and Goodwin at WR, and Chandler and Moeaki at TE. They could use OG help, and maybe a RT, and a big WR. Defensively, they could use someone opposite Mario in case Hughes can't keep up his improvement, LB, and a FS.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney and Williams would be a deadly team....

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney and Watt would be better than either of those, really though, imagine that pass rush.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jadevian Clowney and Robert Quinn would be even better! :nod::clap::nod::clap::nod:

Clowney may even be better/projected as an outside pass rushing LB. We could then keep Long and Quinn on the field at the same time. Not that we couldn't with Clowney playing on the DL either, but it does spark the imagination....

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by zeke2829 View Post
Jadevian Clowney and Robert Quinn would be even better!
Clowney may even be better/projected as an outside pass rushing LB. We could then keep Long and Quinn on the field at the same time. Not that we couldn't with Clowney playing on the DL either, but it does spark the imagination....

Here is the problem with your theory Boss... Williams and Fisher are 4-3 defense guys and a pass rushing OLB only works in a 3-4 set up. And with the parts we have we really could not even go to a 3-4 because neither Olgetree or Dunbar is strong enough to play ILB IMO... but of course I do not get paid to evaluate talent!! :noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by zeke2829 View Post
Jadevian Clowney and Robert Quinn would be even better!

Here is the problem with your theory Boss... Williams and Fisher are 4-3 defense guys and a pass rushing OLB only works in a 3-4 set up. And with the parts we have we really could not even go to a 3-4 because neither Olgetree or Dunbar is strong enough to play ILB IMO... but of course I do not get paid to evaluate talent!! :noidea:

When you have talent like that you FIND a way to get him on the field as much as possible. Nothing wrong with playing 3 DEs on the line in passing situations. I'm sure they could find a way to play him at LB in a 4-3 occasionally as well. Just the idea of people projecting Clowney as a potential Outside LB speaks of his tremendous athletic abilities.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have talent like that you FIND a way to get him on the field as much as possible. Nothing wrong with playing 3 DEs on the line in passing situations. I'm sure they could find a way to play him at LB in a 4-3 occasionally as well. Just the idea of people projecting Clowney as a potential Outside LB speaks of his tremendous athletic abilities.

I have no problem with this train of thought (the Rams actually do run 3 DEs (Brockers, Long, Quinn and Hayes) on the line quite often in their rotation), except when the need isn't really warranted. What I mean is... if there's one thing the Rams don't have a shortage of... it's talented DEs. Lol.

ksudodgers is right on this one, though. While Clowney is unquestionably athletic, playing him out of position at OLB in a 4-3 scheme would be an absolute waste of his talent. He's a pure pass rusher. You don't want him on containment duty, or covering TEs... you want to point him at the QB and say "sic 'em!". Anything else would just be bad coaching.