• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, there was a lot of empty seats.

That could have had either sides fans in them, works both ways you know

^That.

Plus, the BCS bowls that aren't on NYD or the Natty don't often sell out. That's what happens when you have a game on the 3rd or 4th on a Wednesday after everyone has already taken vacation for Christmas and/or New Years.

The Sugar Bowl last year had 54,000 (10k less than VT/Mich) people at it, and Florida isn't even that far of a trip.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also came to Michigan stadium prior to any of the renovations.

Also, we'll still have plenty of attendance records. No matter what they do for a 1 time event, we'll still have the largest CFB stadium in the country.

Racetracks can't be classified as stadiums anyways. If they do sell out that + it being off campus makes michigans record the one to beat still.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss my post. I already mentioned that jerry jones tried somethink like this for bb and failed miserably

Jerry Jones is not Bruton Smith.

You cannot refute one thing i stated, least of which was that both teams travel well, not that they need to, its close by.

A record will fall, Bruton is a master at promotions and deals. Anyone who can sell a race before the venue is built is a man of action.

They may not fill to capacity, but they will break the all time record and thats what galls you Michigan and Wanna-be Michigan fans. Face facts, its not redneck logic, but simple, undeniable logic that says they will break the record due to everything i stated in here.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize New Orleans is not 100 miles from Virginia Tech or Michigan right? It is a flight....and a hotel.....and a rental car or cabs.

There is also a much different fan dynamic to a game that is a consolation prize (even a BCS one) where the season is pretty much over and an early regular season game where most of the schedule is still in front if both teams and they both have championship aspirations.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also came to Michigan stadium prior to any of the renovations.

Also, we'll still have plenty of attendance records. No matter what they do for a 1 time event, we'll still have the largest CFB stadium in the country.

And nobody give two shits about that. 100+k of dejected fans..... meh.

It is big and that is it. I am happy for yall that you can get a big crowd of Detroit folk in your stadium.

But seriously, what does that get you today???? Nothing.

even lil ol Oregon @ Autzen brings it better than that place.

a Michigan columnist

"Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."

Lloyd Carr

"Autzen is the loudest stadium I have ever heard"

You can have 100+k.... But what does it get you besides a number in a record book?:noidea:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racetracks can't be classified as stadiums anyways. If they do sell out that + it being off campus makes michigans record the one to beat still.

Is the first comment just an arbitrary assertion or is that documented somewhere? Just curious. It's a large enclosed circular venue with seats.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now he is grasping at straws for sure.

Ok we will give you that the on campus record wont be broken, now can you quit trembling in the corner and ranting like a bitch.

But they will lose the all time attendance record for a college football game in any venue.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep telling yourself that.

It is pathetic that Michigan fan has to cling to a stadium capacity record....

Seriously, is this what it has come to for your fan base?

Cant beat Ohio, Cant win the B1G, cant be Nationally relevant. So we can still have the attendance record.:rollseyes:

THe Big House is the least intimidating 100k in the country.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt's stadium is off campus. So is South Carolina's. Hell a lot of urban campuses have off campus stadiums. The Colliseum. The Metrodome, etc etc.

You are one grasping bitch though. I will give you that.

He isnt even a student or grad at Michigan from what he said, he has legacy.:lol:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUSTY NAIL!!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself that.

It is pathetic that Michigan fan has to cling to a stadium capacity record....

Seriously, is this what it has come to for your fan base?

Cant beat Ohio, Cant win the B1G, cant be Nationally relevant. So we can still have the attendance record.:rollseyes:

THe Big House is the least intimidating 100k in the country,Armanti Edwards QB App St..

FIFY

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the first comment just an arbitrary assertion or is that documented somewhere? Just curious. It's a large enclosed circular venue with seats.

No its documented. When you ever look up a list of largest stadiums not a single race track is on there. Otherwise the woul take the first 50 spots

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isnt even a student or grad at Michigan from what he said, he has legacy.:lol:

No.... you don't think its a big deal comparing ones home stadium to one 125 miles away. No????

Cuz obviously a stadium that's a few miles off campus counts the same as a racetrack in a different state.

#redneck logic

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.... you don't think its a big deal comparing ones home stadium to one 125 miles away. No????

Cuz obviously a stadium that's a few miles off campus counts the same as a racetrack in a different state.

#redneck logic

I will await your response on where i have ever said this.

What i have stated is this will be a unique event that will draw a record breaking crowd.

I have said it could bring in a full capacity,but I dont think it will happen.

I have also said that both teams travel well and they should come out in large numbers, but other people will go for the fact it will be a one time event that is unique in the sport.

I have also said that Bruton Smith is a master promoter and will work angles to fill as many seats as humanly possible.

I will wait on you to show me where I stated what you said. Clock is ticking.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said off campus, not me.

Also why do you keep saying "redneck logic."

I am from Fairfax, VA and Mamba is from Oregon. Also, do you have an issue with southerners? I think they are some great people. Is it Orange snobbery or Buffalo snobbery that drives the dislike.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao at the Michigan kids butthurt over the thought of possibly losing their title :laugh3:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blacksburg is in the middle of nowhere and the town itself only has about 40,000 people. Our fan base travels from DC, the Tidewater area, Charlotte, etc. for every home game as it is. Travel to Bristol isn't going to be an issue for either fan base.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said off campus, not me.

Also why do you keep saying "redneck logic."

I am from Fairfax, VA and Mamba is from Oregon. Also, do you have an issue with southerners? I think they are some great people. Is it Orange snobbery or Buffalo snobbery that drives the dislike.

Isnt this obvious? he is a snob from the word go and thinks that southerners are dumb as hell. He is still wet behind the ears and doesnt know the real world yet.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like I said. A down Tennessee team doubled what a #5 Nationally ranked Michigan team brought to Autzen.

Both fanbases were classy. I guess its just the internet fans with 5 teams that lack that, not the fans that actually travel to see their team.