• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans hate this idea. Shocker.

I have given them the reasons why it will be a record crowd, but they refuse to see the "logic" in my reasoning, which was very sound.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even so, you're playing Tennessee. And in case you don't remember, you couldn't even fill your seat allotment at the last BCS bowl your team appeared in - and you were an 11 win team at the time.

Yeah, I DO remember that game because I was there. And I bought a ticket on the 40 yard line on stubhub for $35. Forgive me if I didn't spend $80 or whatever for the upper corners that they provide to the school.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have given them the reasons why it will be a record crowd, but they refuse to see the "logic" in my reasoning, which was very sound.

yeah & its redneck logic that doesnt work in the real world

#shocker

Edit: my bad the redneck logic came from someone else

but anyways hers my rebuttal to you:
you wanna know who else take no for an answer? jerry jones. go ask him how his idea of hosting an NCAA tourny regional went. only filled like 20% of the stadium despite having the best regional slate

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah & its redneck logic that doesnt work in the real world

#shocker

Please feel free to take your holier than thou intelligence and refute one thing I stated, i will wait.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no.......

a stadium that holds 65k had only 48k show up.......

lemme guess cheap tickets are to blame for that right

What are you talking about now?

Virginia Tech had its first non-sellout in a decade against Western Carolina this year. Tennessee is not Western Carolina. They still had 62 of the 66k there, btw.

We get it. Our schools are not as prestigious (read as old) and traditional (read as grasping) to be given such an honor of an attendance record (who cares) and you are mad these two schools were picked because they don't have the right to be in a game like this.

Meh, the game isn't until 2016 anyway and the way realignment is going who knows if it even happens. We can debate it then.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even so, you're playing Tennessee. And in case you don't remember, you couldn't even fill your seat allotment at the last BCS bowl your team appeared in - and you were an 11 win team at the time.

Yeah...that makes sense...Tennessee only has the largest stadium in the SEC, they don't have any fan support, lol.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if you don't think these two hillbilly teams in NASCAR country will fill a racetrack to watch this redneck-a-palooza you are crazy. Hell, I might go just to see the festivities, they'll be deer on the rotisseries, pickup truck hot tubs and enough beer, beam and JD to float the Titanic. Sounds like enough fun I might even hum a few bars of Rocky Top.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...that makes sense...Tennessee only has the largest stadium in the SEC, they don't have any fan support, lol.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if you don't think these two hillbilly teams in NASCAR country will fill a racetrack to watch this redneck-a-palooza you are crazy. Hell, I might go just to see the festivities, they'll be deer on the rotisseries, pickup truck hot tubs and enough beer, beam and JD to float the Titanic. Sounds like enough fun I might even hum a few bars of Rocky Top.

Good post, not to mention if Bruton Smith is allowed to put on pre-game festivities, he always provides a good show. This man is an entertainer of uncommon proportions, he knows how to throw a party.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, not to mention if Bruton Smith is allowed to put on pre-game festivities, he always provides a good show. This man is an entertainer of uncommon proportions, he knows how to throw a party.

Agreed...and I was lying about that Rocky Top part...those bastards can make it play in my head for 3 days after a game at Neyland, but I'll be damned if it's going to come out of my mouth, lol.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...and I was lying about that Rocky Top part...those bastards can make it play in my head for 3 days after a game at Neyland, but I'll be damned if it's going to come out of my mouth, lol.

Same here, but I probably will go just to say i was part of it, besides you are right, the tailgate parties will be unreal, better than a Nascar Race.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Waiting John, cat got your tongue?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. combining stadium sizes like that is redneck logic

2. its off campus for both schools

3. the fan experience sucks

What climbed up your ass and died.

Are you this upset that the Rusty Nails wont be able to boast about having the attendance record?

How fucking lame.

The Big House is a joke anyways. When we went there you could hear a mouse fart in that place.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about now?

Virginia Tech had its first non-sellout in a decade against Western Carolina this year. Tennessee is not Western Carolina. They still had 62 of the 66k there, btw.

We get it. Our schools are not as prestigious (read as old) and traditional (read as grasping) to be given such an honor of an attendance record (who cares) and you are mad these two schools were picked because they don't have the right to be in a game like this.

Meh, the game isn't until 2016 anyway and the way realignment is going who knows if it even happens. We can debate it then.

I'm talking about your bowl game last year

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you this upset that the Rusty Nails wont be able to boast about having the attendance record?

How fucking lame.

The Big House is a joke anyways. When we went there you could hear a mouse fart in that place.

Yeah, i mean it scared the shit outta App State a few years ago.:laugh3:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I DO remember that game because I was there. And I bought a ticket on the 40 yard line on stubhub for $35. Forgive me if I didn't spend $80 or whatever for the upper corners that they provide to the school.

Either way, there was a lot of empty seats.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How fucking lame.

You also came to Michigan stadium prior to any of the renovations.

Also, we'll still have plenty of attendance records. No matter what they do for a 1 time event, we'll still have the largest CFB stadium in the country.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please feel free to take your holier than thou intelligence and refute one thing I stated, i will wait.

Did you miss my post. I already mentioned that jerry jones tried somethink like this for bb and failed miserably

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neyland Stadium holds about 102,000 people. You know what their attendance average was last year? 89,965....over 10,000 short of their capacity. The record crowd was over 109,000. I think they'll sell a lot of tickets but I'd be surprised if they actually got to 160,000.