• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Bridgewater Down - might be serious

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda early to say that though... Guy's bounce do bounce back ...

With injuries this significant you can know for sure that he will never quite be the same. Doesn't mean he can't come back and still be a very good QB in this league but there will always be pain in that knee and my guess is there will be some loss of motion because of an injury like this and what it takes to stabilize it. There are going to be 2 big things we learn over the next week.

1) Once they get in there is there more or less damage than what they first thought? While MRI's and such are great sometimes there are just things they cannot see until they cut the person open and start digging around. So there could be more structural damage than first thought or maybe they are excited by what they see and this becomes more like a regular ACL recovery.

2) What kind of recovery time are we looking at? If there is more damage than thought then he might not even be able to do football activity until maybe this time next year which then would mean pretty much missing 2 entire seasons because of this injury which is a long time to sit out of football. If this is regular ACL then maybe he is back early enough to compete next year and then just have to see how much he trusts his new knee to hold up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple other names that could be available via trade:

EJ Manuel
Geno Smith

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it is hard to believe that his knee just blew up like that without any contact. That ACL had to have been ready to blow...

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not this one brother I was looking forward to the challenge the Vikes were going to bring this season

now, the season just doesn't seem as exciting

Me neither... did not like when Jordy went down with non-contact injury last year or Bridgewater this year. Prefer to see NFL at its best without injuries... but realize unfortunately injuries are part of the game.

My assumption is the Cards fan is projecting his feelings when he learns of Seahawks injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it is hard to believe that his knee just blew up like that without any contact. That ACL had to have been ready to blow...

It really is. With news today they are saying that since the trainers and everybody were right there and able to respond so quickly that all of that might have actually saved his leg. Just doesn't seem like something like that could cost a person a leg in some situations.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to let him go, Goff isn't ready to be relied on as the backup IMO.

They spent that high of a pick on a guy to be a clipboard holder and the emergency QB? IMO, he has to be the backup to start the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They spent that high of a pick on a guy to be a clipboard holder and the emergency QB? IMO, he has to be the backup to start the season.

If he's not ready then no reason to put him out there and possible stunt his growth as a QB. We have seen quite a few QB's thrown out way too soon and their psyche completely destroyed.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not ready then no reason to put him out there and possible stunt his growth as a QB. We have seen quite a few QB's thrown out way too soon and their psyche completely destroyed.

Starting the season as the BACKUP isn't exactly throwing him out there to the wolves.

Spending the #1 pick on a QB and designating him as the 3rd QB? :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting the season as the BACKUP isn't exactly throwing him out there to the wolves.

Have to remember that every back up in the league is one hit away from becoming the starter. Last year 19 of the 32 teams had to have a back up start a game for them at the QB position. So more than 50% chance that your back up QB will have to play at some point.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line.....You don't spend the #1 pick on a player to be the 3rd string QB opening day.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem is he is awful, and will always be awful

Both the Rams and Eagles fell victim to "We have to take the best available QB's, even if they arent great"

In a strong QB class, Goff and Wentz were mid round picks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line.....You don't spend the #1 pick on a player to be the 3rd string QB opening day.....
I agree but you also then don't rush that investment and destroy him if he is not ready. You are thinking 15 years into the future with this pick not just one season

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will be a factor in the North.
Have you watched them at all this preseason? That offense looks TERRIBLE.

I'm a believer in John Fox's ability to turn bad teams around, but they showed no offensive life whatsoever against the Broncos and Chiefs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched them at all this preseason? That offense looks TERRIBLE.

I'm a believer in John Fox's ability to turn bad teams around, but they showed no offensive life whatsoever against the Broncos and Chiefs.

It's pre-season.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pre-season.
I'm well aware of that. It's still not a good look when your starting offense can't even get the ball past midfield in two games.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'm just reiterating what most of you have said already, and that's the fact that we hope Teddy comes back as soon as possible and as healthy as he can. These kind of injuries are awful to hear about, and I'm no Vikings fan, but as a lover of football, I wouldn't wish this on my arch rival.

Seems like a great kid, and I just hope and pray that he's able to come back from this, both physically AND mentally.

Go Vikings

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With injuries this significant you can know for sure that he will never quite be the same. Doesn't mean he can't come back and still be a very good QB in this league but there will always be pain in that knee and my guess is there will be some loss of motion because of an injury like this and what it takes to stabilize it. There are going to be 2 big things we learn over the next week.

1) Once they get in there is there more or less damage than what they first thought? While MRI's and such are great sometimes there are just things they cannot see until they cut the person open and start digging around. So there could be more structural damage than first thought or maybe they are excited by what they see and this becomes more like a regular ACL recovery.

2) What kind of recovery time are we looking at? If there is more damage than thought then he might not even be able to do football activity until maybe this time next year which then would mean pretty much missing 2 entire seasons because of this injury which is a long time to sit out of football. If this is regular ACL then maybe he is back early enough to compete next year and then just have to see how much he trusts his new knee to hold up.

Good points.

A lot of his recovery will depend on the severity like you said and a great deal will depend on him. Sean Spence, LB for the Titans was a Steeler draft pick out of MIA...shredded his knee, dislocated kneecap, etc. in a preseason game as a rookie and many thought it was career ending...long story short, the Steelers stuck with him...missed two seasons rehabbing, but yr 3 he was back on the field and played well, year 4 he played well enough to earn a FA contract with the Titans. If not for Ryan Shazier being drafted, he'd probably be a Steeler today.

Wish him well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does he have to active? If Keenum gets hurt week 1, do they really want to throw Goff into the fire? I would guess they would still want him to sit and learn and let Mannion take over until Goff is ready. Goff WILL be the starter once proven ready, but being the backup until then doesn't really accomplish anything (depending on how they dole out reps during practices).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would the Vikings trade for Carson Wentz?