• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only base what the Redskins might do in FA off of what the Redskins HAVE done in FA. It matters fuck not if the Ravens, PAtriots or any other team did well in FA. Because we have Bruce and Dan picking, and they are going to sign players based on what they value. So far they have a failing record. Thats not bias, its reality

I really don't see that connection. And more importantly if that's how you feel then it means we're destined to fail no matter what. So why do anything. Let' just disband the team and close shop.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC has been FT twice. I can’t believe I had to type that difference. And he won’t hit FA this season.

Is that all that relevant to what shark was saying?

The statement (or at least insinuation) was that if you hit FA as a QB it means you suck. That's obviously BS.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok lets look at our last FA hall

pryor bust
quick bust
mcclain bust
mcgee not as advertised and over paid
DJ hit
brown hit

4 out of six didnt play up to expectations . less then 20% hit rate

since 2015
reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust
davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit
way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

so out of 29 free agents we hit on 8 one being a punter and one overpaid (norman ) or by my math less then 30 % actually 27% and some change .

i said between 10-30 % so there you have it, in case you missed it that is our most recent haul of Fa's and its 27% hit rate

Whats our draft hit rate in that period?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Richard hat on

You know, the people that say.. I dont dislike Cousins.. .BUT

Sound alot like folks that go.. well I cant dislike (fill in the blank) because I have 5 friends who are (fill in the blank) Im totally ok with (fill in the blank)... BUT.....

/Richard hat off

Sorry I don't worship at the church of kirk.

Still been calling for him to come back for the past 2 and a half years and defending him frequently.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that all that relevant to what shark was saying?

The statement (or at least insinuation) was that if you hit FA as a QB it means you suck. That's obviously BS.

It is extremely relative. A person can only hit free agency if their team doesn’t want them OR if their team wants them but is too stupid to give a good offer and choose the tag, repeatedly.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is extremely relative. A person can only hit free agency if their team doesn’t want them OR if their team wants them but is too stupid to give a good offer and choose the tag, repeatedly.

Right. So you can hit FA because your team is just dumb.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I don't worship at the church of kirk.

Still been calling for him to come back for the past 2 and a half years and defending him frequently.

You also dont believe a guy who is injured almost every year of his career is injury prone. He is just unlucky.

You do seem to worship at the alter of the what Vick should have become and think its a good idea to draft or sign a QB's who's first instinct is 1-2 reads and then run.

So while I dont question your grasp on reality in a broader sense, your take on QB especially for this team in particular.... might be a little off the plantation.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon shark. Us guys over 35 don't even understand the modern passing game.

We should all know that being injured every doesn't you prone to it, it just makes you unlucky. Good thing I spent all that time on statistics, analytics and probability. :nutswing:

But hey you can celebrate a 19th rated QB as an equal replacement for your current QB. :drum:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip to main content
Redskins Subscribe:

screen_shot_2017-12-20_at_7.15.30_pm.png

If the Redskins lose Kirk Cousins, here are 8 possible replacements
JP Finlay
18 hours ago

Reaching a long-term deal with Kirk Cousins should be the top goal for the Redskins this offseason. The top goal.

transparent-320x50.gif

The past two offseasons, however, have shown that goal remains elusive. In 2016, Washington low-balled their quarterback and a deal wasn't reached. In 2017, Cousins refused to negotiate long-term with the Redskins, opting to instead play on a one-year, $24 million franchise tag.

What will happen in 2018? Nobody knows, but it's entirely possible the Redskins won't have Cousins at quarterback.

With that in mind, here are eight realistic options for Washington at QB. There are plenty of options, but these could all make sense in some capacity.

1. Colt McCoy - The only quarterback under contract for the Redskins in 2018, McCoy knows Jay Gruden's offense inside and out. He's been with the Redskins as long as Gruden, and started four games for Washington in 2014. Since Cousins was named starter in 2015, McCoy has been the backup. One of the all-time great QBs in college at the University of Texas, his professional resume has been unimpressive. He played on some bad teams in Cleveland and San Francisco, and took a number of big hits and sustained injuries. He's a different player now than he was then, and the Redskins front office has publicly and privately discussed their faith in McCoy. Will that be enough for him to be QB1 in 2018?
  2. Tyrod Taylor - Few QBs get less respect than Taylor does from the Bills, who inexplicably got benched for rookie Nathan Peterman earlier this year. Taylor is technically under contract for 2018, but with no guaranteed money due, expect Buffalo to release the former Virginia Tech star. Here's the thing: Taylor has been good. In three years in Buffalo, Taylor has a winning record and has completed nearly 63 percent of his passes with 50 touchdowns against 16 interceptions. Additionally, Taylor can run. In 2015 and 2016, he's rushed for nearly 600 yards each year and averaged five TDs on the ground.
  3. Andy Dalton - The connection between Gruden and Dalton will get talked about plenty. Gruden worked with Dalton in Cincinnati as offensive coordinator for three season before taking over the top job in Washington, and while the two were paired together, the quarterback played well. His best season came in 2013, their last working together. He passed for nearly 4,300 yards and 33 TDs. It's possible the Bengals would release Dalton this offseason to move forward with backup A.J. McCarron. It's unclear if Dalton will become available, but the idea of the QB again working with Gruden could have some merit.
  4. Case Keenum - For five seasons, Keenum looked like a career journeyman backup quarterback. He played in Houston, St. Louis and L.A., and piled up a 9-15 record as a starter. This season, Keenum has been a rocket, leading the Vikings to 9-3 record as starter in 12 games. He's completing nearly 68 percent of his passes and has thrown 20 touchdowns against seven interceptions. In a November game against the Redskins, Keenum completed 72 percent of his passes for 304 yards and four TDs, though he did throw two interceptions. Keenum has been quite good this year, but how will that translate into the free agent market? It's unclear.
  5. Sam Bradford - Another Vikings QB set for free agency, Bradford has had one of the weirder NFL resumes ever. The No. 1 overall pick in 2010 by the Rams, Bradford never really delivered upon that promise. In four seasons with the Rams, he started 49 games, often dealing with injuries. In 2015, he moved on to the Eagles and played well. In 2016, he played quite well for the Vikings, completing more than 71 percent of his passes with 20 TDs against five INTs. Bradford started the 2017 season with a bang, going 27 of 32 for 348 yards and three TDs in a big win over the Saints. Then Bradford injured his knee, and hardly played the rest of the season. Bradford has talent, but health has always been a question.
  6. Lamar Jackson - Before folks ask, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen won't be available. The Redskins will likely pick somewhere in the middle of the draft, and both the top QB prospects will be long gone. Louisville's Jackson is a different story. The 2016 Heisman Trophy winner again put up video game numbers in 2017. More importantly for NFL scouts, this season Jackson showed increased accuracy, completing 60 percent of his passes, up from 56 percent in 2016. His throwing numbers are strong, 3,489 yards along with 25 TDs against 6 INTs, but on the ground he's just as dangerous. This year Jackson ran for more than 1,400 yards and 17 touchdowns. Some NFL folks wonder if Jackson's accuracy can rise to an NFL level, but there are no doubts about his arm strength or athleticism. Simply put, Jackson is a baller.
  7. Baker Mayfield - The most electric player in college football in 2017, Mayfield has Oklahoma in the College Football Playoffs and is the owner of a fresh Heisman Trophy. Similar to Jackson, Mayfield's numbers are crazy. This year he's thrown for more than 4,100 yards while completing 71 percent of his passes to go with 41 TDs against just five INTs. He makes plays downfield, consistently, and has enough shift to escape the pocket and throw on the move. In the NFL, however, many scouts wonder if Mayfield has the size to make it at QB. Plus, there have been questions about maturity and he was arrested in February.
  8. Josh Allen - The QB from Wyoming was a big buzz candidate before the 2017 college football season started, but his season hasn't gone too great. He's got prototype size and a big arm, but this season has dealt with injuries and a tough schedule. He's thrown for just 1,658 yards and 13 TDs against six interceptions. In games against Oregon, Hawaii and Air Force, he threw for less than 100 yards. Allen looks to be a project for an NFL team that has time to develop. Could that maybe fit if Cousins is back with Washington on a one-year deal. M

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above list are what we could be dealing with

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above list are what we could be dealing with

So Jackson Mayfield or Allen basically. Or McCoy.

Because IM not seeing any of the verteran guys signing a Bruce Allen special, they might be cheaper than Cousins, but not by a whole lot.

Only the redskins could HAVE a franchise QB and be seriously considering and actively trying to get rid of him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. So you can hit FA because your team is just dumb.

Or from an outside/in position it looks that way. In the case of Bridgewater, didn't injury serve as the basis for them to move on? How is it dumb or as someone else stated, "giving up" on a player if the reason for such a move began with injury?

In the case of Cousins, yeah, that's dumb, but why? Might I suggest that Bruce Allen is telling us that he has no confidence in his own ability to build a defense that doesn't put massive amounts of pressure on its own offense, that in turn, renders Kirk, to a definition that he cannot meet?

Taylor is a continuation of that unique type of player that has pro level skills, but requires an investment from the organization that he works for hiring coaches who have the ability to design offenses that meet those skills and not the other way around. I am not saying that QB's like Taylor cannot adapt their game to meet the demands of conventional offenses, but that too requires patience and other commitments from higher ups.

Finally, since he's been mentioned in this thread, McCarron, who is almost the exact TYPE of player that Kirk is can be inserted into any like offense as we have here and the ONLY difference will be the name on the back of the jersey. Will he produce accordingly? Well, yes and no because that depends upon so much else just as it does with Kirk. The only difference is, McCarron, right now, has a much shorter growth requirement to reach Kirk's current level of production. One good season or less, in this (J. Gruden's offensive system) should do it.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the redskins could HAVE a franchise QB and be seriously considering and actively trying to get rid of him.

Why?.........Remember the definition of "Franchise QB" that I gave you, just means a consistent starter. I believe that there's just too much importance being placed on that term.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?.........Remember the definition of "Franchise QB" that I gave you, just means a consistent starter. I believe that there's just too much importance being placed on that term.

NOt for nothing Sty, but I think as people outside of Washington and in the national NFL coverage have started to proclaim that Cousins is a franchise QB, I have noticed a few people around here downplaying what a franchise QB is.

Case in point, a year ago alot of posters who were against resigning Cousins stated that it was because he wasnt elite and not really even a franchise QB.

Now that he is being called a franchise QB all of a sudden too much is being made of being a franchise QB??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt for nothing Sty, but I think as people outside of Washington and in the national NFL coverage have started to proclaim that Cousins is a franchise QB, I have noticed a few people around here downplaying what a franchise QB is.

Case in point, a year ago alot of posters who were against resigning Cousins stated that it was because he wasnt elite and not really even a franchise QB.

Now that he is being called a franchise QB all of a sudden too much is being made of being a franchise QB??

You'll have to speak with them about that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also dont believe a guy who is injured almost every year of his career is injury prone. He is just unlucky.

You do seem to worship at the alter of the what Vick should have become and think its a good idea to draft or sign a QB's who's first instinct is 1-2 reads and then run.

So while I dont question your grasp on reality in a broader sense, your take on QB especially for this team in particular.... might be a little off the plantation.

Your first point could also be read as, "you don't believe things without first evidence they're the truth."

Sooo...yeah. you really got me there.

I mean obviously a QB who can do everything is better than a QB who cant. Not that that QB ever has or will exist but actively disliking an additional skill set is...weird.

I will say though that I have always preferred my QBs to make multiple reads.

Not sure why my takes on QBs are off the plantation. Far as I can tell I'm one of the few posters on here who is consistent about what I want and the things that will and wont earn praise and criticism from me. Can I say the same about you?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon shark. Us guys over 35 don't even understand the modern passing game.

We should all know that being injured every doesn't you prone to it, it just makes you unlucky. Good thing I spent all that time on statistics, analytics and probability. :nutswing:

But hey you can celebrate a 19th rated QB as an equal replacement for your current QB. :drum:

Poking fun at stats and analytics is a...interesting hill to die on lol. Good luck with that.

As for the QB replacement comment...I didn't say that or anything like that soooo...?