• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been better of late. I dont think anybody is suggesting we use solely free agency just that we use it. This team isnt a barren wasteland of talent like it's been in the past. Free agency wouldn't be the foundation it would just be part of the building.

You're gonna have a hard time selling me on us being screwed with tyrod and teddy but that we NEED to keep Kirk.

Also I think you might need to go watch teddy Bridgewater play some time. Hes not a running QB but he is actually a great fit for our offense the way gruden's been running it the past few years.

Look I'm with ya we should keep kirk. But if you're gonna bend over backwards to tell me tyrod and teddy cant cut it after the past 3 years of telling me kirk was more than enough I'm gonna roll my eyes out of my freakin head.

Teddy is a horrible QB that has had the fortune of playing with a great defense. He is inaccurate, can’t throw on time, and can’t read a defense.

TBH, look at the improvements with Keenum for the viking’s team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been better of late. I dont think anybody is suggesting we use solely free agency just that we use it. This team isnt a barren wasteland of talent like it's been in the past. Free agency wouldn't be the foundation it would just be part of the building.

You're gonna have a hard time selling me on us being screwed with tyrod and teddy but that we NEED to keep Kirk.

Also I think you might need to go watch teddy Bridgewater play some time. Hes not a running QB but he is actually a great fit for our offense the way gruden's been running it the past few years.

Look I'm with ya we should keep kirk. But if you're gonna bend over backwards to tell me tyrod and teddy cant cut it after the past 3 years of telling me kirk was more than enough I'm gonna roll my eyes out of my freakin head.

IM going to say it like this... its extremely rare that a starting level QB hits free agency. If Bridgewater and Taylor are available, its for a reason. And that reason is, they couldnt cut it as starting QBs. The ONLY reason McCarron might be available is because the Bengals will need to make a call as to if they can keep him and he will likely not want to sign to be a backup.

But IM not sold two cast offs are the key to better QB play.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its been better of late ? HUH ? i just showed you its has been no such thing . the facts are right there

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebb , didnt you advocate gutting 2 drafts to get barkley ? and then you wanted to use a 10 -30 % hit rate in FA to build the team with no picks in the top rounds ?

then we are adding a FA qb to boot ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its been better of late ? HUH ? i just showed you its has been no such thing . the facts are right there

But its been better enough that if we need to add O-line, D-line or anything else, we should feel confident that we wont come up with another HAynesworth, Archuletta or more recently Pryor.

Or at least I think that might be whats being hinted at.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is a horrible QB that has had the fortune of playing with a great defense. He is inaccurate, can’t throw on time, and can’t read a defense.

TBH, look at the improvements with Keenum for the viking’s team.

I always forget how awful your qb takes are :lol:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol not this again. Norman jackson and brown alone are better than anything we brought in in the previous 10 years.

Andre carter was pretty good if I remember correctly. That's the only one I can think of before recent years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol not this again. Norman jackson and brown alone are better than anything we brought in in the previous 10 years.

Andre carter was pretty good if I remember correctly. That's the only one I can think of before recent years.

3 out of what 30 or more?? And we should make this a KEY part of our team building??

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebb , didnt you advocate gutting 2 drafts to get barkley ? and then you wanted to use a 10 -30 % hit rate in FA to build the team with no picks in the top rounds ?

then we are adding a FA qb to boot ?

No I did not. Let me be very clear - every time I have talked about trading up for barkley I have clearly stated in the post that it's a terrible idea. It's the one time I'm letting what I want to happen out instead of what SHOULD happen.

I also didn't suggest we build our team solely through FA and not through the draft.

I ALSO didnt say we should bring in a FA QB. Hell I wasn' even the one who brought up FA QBs.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to say it like this... its extremely rare that a starting level QB hits free agency. If Bridgewater and Taylor are available, its for a reason. And that reason is, they couldnt cut it as starting QBs. The ONLY reason McCarron might be available is because the Bengals will need to make a call as to if they can keep him and he will likely not want to sign to be a backup.

But IM not sold two cast offs are the key to better QB play.

So it's suspicious for them to hit FA but not for Cousins lol got it.

Trust me I have no interest in McCarron.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 out of what 30 or more?? And we should make this a KEY part of our team building??

Yes because those were the only 3......

And again...you wanna look just at what this team has done in FA rather than the league wide success rate and you're gonna bias the hell out of your results.

I don't think any of us have done nearly enough research to say what the success rate of free agents is aside from sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NIce spin move. BUt if any of these guys (Cousins, Bridgewater or Taylor) hit FA, its because their respective teams gave up on them.

How ever, you dont really think the Redskins are going to ditch Cousins because they feel he CANT be a good starter do you??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because those were the only 3......

And again...you wanna look just at what this team has done in FA rather than the league wide success rate and you're gonna bias the hell out of your results.

I don't think any of us have done nearly enough research to say what the success rate of free agents is aside from sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

You can only base what the Redskins might do in FA off of what the Redskins HAVE done in FA. It matters fuck not if the Ravens, PAtriots or any other team did well in FA. Because we have Bruce and Dan picking, and they are going to sign players based on what they value. So far they have a failing record. Thats not bias, its reality

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC has been FT twice. I can’t believe I had to type that difference. And he won’t hit FA this season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solid. Good may be an overstatement.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok lets look at our last FA hall

pryor bust
quick bust
mcclain bust
mcgee not as advertised and over paid
DJ hit
brown hit

4 out of six didnt play up to expectations . less then 20% hit rate

since 2015
reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust
davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit
way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

so out of 29 free agents we hit on 8 one being a punter and one overpaid (norman ) or by my math less then 30 % actually 27% and some change .

i said between 10-30 % so there you have it, in case you missed it that is our most recent haul of Fa's and its 27% hit rate

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Richard hat on

You know, the people that say.. I dont dislike Cousins.. .BUT

Sound alot like folks that go.. well I cant dislike (fill in the blank) because I have 5 friends who are (fill in the blank) Im totally ok with (fill in the blank)... BUT.....

/Richard hat off

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Richard hat on

You know, the people that say.. I dont dislike Cousins.. .BUT

Sound alot like folks that go.. well I cant dislike (fill in the blank) because I have 5 friends who are (fill in the blank) Im totally ok with (fill in the blank)... BUT.....

/Richard hat off

I have tons of (fill in the blank) friends!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIce spin move. BUt if any of these guys (Cousins, Bridgewater or Taylor) hit FA, its because their respective teams gave up on them.

How ever, you dont really think the Redskins are going to ditch Cousins because they feel he CANT be a good starter do you??

No spin move. It's exactly like you said. They all hit only if their teams gave up on them. Some teams are dumb. Shrug.

Ehh. I have no idea what to expect. I still think there's a fair chance he's back.