• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not anti-running. I just don’t see it as an attribute needed for a QB, nor do I see it as a quality I want in a long term QB.

If you are going to take an RG3, you better use his legs because he can’t be effective without them. Cam Newton and Kap aren’t even professional QBs without the threat of the run. Honestly, I am not sure is Russell Wilson is and time may tell on Watson.

I don't think anybody thinks it's a necessary attribute but I definitely think it's a positive.

And....yeah. the rest of that just isn't worth arguing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody thinks it's a necessary attribute but I definitely think it's a positive.

And....yeah. the rest of that just isn't worth arguing.

Why isn’t it worth discussing? It is impossible to prove.

On the surface, I can see it as a positive. Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are masters with their legs. Andrew Luck May never be worth a damn because he is not a smart football player.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh right. Wanting evidence in order to believe things and then not being given it somehow means...I'm wrong?

Meanwhile you're jumping in all over the place to misread posts and completely misrepresent people's arguments. You've got a strange idea of what it means to be wrong and right lol.

Just doing my normal stirring the pot. Key point, I wouldn't bother if I didn't like you .... even when you are wrong .... or less right. :D

You and I have had the debate about RO QBs, QBs who run almost as often as they pass. Most often they do not pan out in the NFL. Jackson has run for almost 1500 yards this year as well as passing for over 3,000 yards so he isn't pulling it down once in awhile, he is doing it as part of the offense. It doesn't mean a guy who does that can't be successful but you can only find a handful at best who could make the jump to the NFL.

I think we have had this conversation too. There are a lot of Big 10 QBs in the league because so many of those schools used pro style offenses. With the success of Meyer and Franklin that is changing and has changed largely in college because it takes less overall skill to be successful in the RO offenses. My guess is the NFL is going to have to adapt and I also think finding a successful NFL QB is going to be an even bigger crapshoot than it has ever been.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not anti-running. I just don’t see it as an attribute needed for a QB, nor do I see it as a quality I want in a long term QB.

If you are going to take an RG3, you better use his legs because he can’t be effective without them. Cam Newton and Kap aren’t even professional QBs without the threat of the run. Honestly, I am not sure is Russell Wilson is and time may tell on Watson.

I just mentioned this in another post on this same thread. I believe this is the next evolution in the game. By that I don't mean a QB that is going to run for 1,000 yards but one that can put pressure on the defense to play him honestly (like happened with Griffin) as well as defend the RB and passing game. These QBs have to run just enough for it to be a threat. If you are smart like Wilson you don't take a hit. You need the QB to go down before contact. Hell they are going to get hit enough in the pocket. I just don't see as many colleges running a pro style offense anymore so that you can find a Brady, Brees, Cousin's and whatever former Big 10 QBs that are now playing pretty well in the NFL.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there's a right or wrong on the subject, just approach.

If any team wants to select a former RO QB, especially high in the draft, they had better be prepared to either tailor that offense to fit his skills or be prepared to sit the guy in order to properly prepare him for his new offensive system. There are no other options. Fit matters!!

BTW: For anyone who wants to use the Griffin situation as an example, I'll concede that he had/has an ego the size of Texas, but so did Theesman (yeah I know) and sitting him did something to temper his BS.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost like I said some cases. You name several run first guys who needed to learn more than the non mobile guys.

Wilson, Cam, Watson, and others were mentally more prepared than many of the non mobile guys. Jackson appears to be more prepared than guys like Darnold and allen.

So like I said...sometimes mobile qbs have more to learn sometimes they don't.

jackson as a passer is not more prepared . nor is he when it comes to reading pro defenses . cam took time , watson is a small sample , wilson is a passer first

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson I ssume is purely because he's a mobile qb but what if hes simply better than the other QBs?

Why do you think mayfield is overrated?

I'm not an allen fan at the moment at all.

As I have said.. on this level, with his playing style and size Jackson is an injury waiting to happen. Another in a long line of mobile QBs who did well in college, but size and play style will have him injured too soon and too often in my opinion.

Mayfield is another 6'1" college freak. Alot has been said about how he is lighting it up. To me he has most of the skills you want, except I see alot of batted balls unless he develops more like a Brees type.

IM not a huge fan of Allen. But considering some folks seem to be dead set on moving on from Cousins, he might be our best option. He shouldnt require a trade up, he has a cannon for an arm, and size to go with it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost like I said some cases. You name several run first guys who needed to learn more than the non mobile guys.

Wilson, Cam, Watson, and others were mentally more prepared than many of the non mobile guys. Jackson appears to be more prepared than guys like Darnold and allen.

So like I said...sometimes mobile qbs have more to learn sometimes they don't.

Alot of the same things were said about the last mobile QB we drafted.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Sportster 72, post: 11038838, member: 5748:] Who thought after the last Super Bowl win things would go like this?[/QUOTE]

:noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say whatever you like my friend. Clearly you like them enough to come here and post on a regular basis as do I.

We all come for differing reasons, but, at its base is the choice made to support this team. For me, it's a family value thing. If anyone here believes that it is possible.....possible, to have been raised to support and defend friends, family, and community, all I ask is the benefit of doubt when I say that this is my hometown team and I support it no matter what.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers could be an option. He may be released from GB because they violated league IR rules.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers could be an option. He may be released from GB because they violated league IR rules.

Just what we need, an expensive future hall of famer to wrap up his career in DC. :pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is starting the all out press for cousins. Wouldn’t it be nice if our front office acted like they would kill to have him?

Yea, but reality is.. Bruce will get on the phone with his chief scout (Dean) and say.. what do you think we can get from Denver for Cousins?? And who should we trade up to draft after we deal him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is starting the all out press for cousins. Wouldn’t it be nice if our front office acted like they would kill to have him?

No, Not at this point, it would likely come off as disingenuous from Kirk's perspective. Two years ago, possibly last year they might have pulled it off, not now, it's too late.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good game by kirk today...........

its crazy the lack of talent around him......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be kidding. Ryan Grant is “da bomb.”
:lol:
seriously though
when a gadget rb is the best piece around him........

and crowder whose a nice 3rd string receiver, not a #1, your struggling

doctson hasnt developed and injuries, pryor huge bust, ryan grant, no stable te, no rb, and a porous O line.........but hey kirk light it up

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder is anything but a third string wr. That's ridiculous.

He'd be the steelers second best wr by a country mile behind Antonio Brown.

The dude runs sick routes out of the slot, and is fast enough to beat corners deep.

But I agree: Crowder as the Skins #1 right now is a joke. Just goes to show you how great a job KC is doing....