• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the topic and the trend towards a belief that Kirk is gone, I would love to hear from folks who have stated that they will no longer be fans/followers/supporters or at minimum half hearted fans/followers/supporters of this team when that happens.

We get to be like most of the ABC crowd has been the past three years. And by that I mean, we get to say... I hope the new wonder kid does awesome while we bid or time and quietly brood on how badly we think the team screwed up because the guy they replaced was the actual savior. And we will constantly proclaim that we didnt develop a dislike of the new guy based on our feelings about the old guy. :suds:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a horrible mentality to have, and here is why.

If your starting WR gets injured, a smart team has 2-3 guys behind him. Maybe not as good, but in most cases it wont require a total revamp of the offense mid season.

If your starting RB, O-lineman or Te goes out.. you adjust.

If your starting QB gets a season ending injury because he was trying to be a hero or worse, thought he was invincible.... most teams fall off a cliff.

When you are 6-2 212 lbs, taking open field hits from guys 250 plus... bad things tend to happen.

I suppose but 1 how often is he putting himself at risk, 2 how much is it really increasing the odds of an injury, 3 how much extra is brought to the table by the running ability?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get to be like most of the ABC crowd has been the past three years. And by that I mean, we get to say... I hope the new wonder kid does awesome while we bid or time and quietly brood on how badly we think the team screwed up because the guy they replaced was the actual savior. And we will constantly proclaim that we didnt develop a dislike of the new guy based on our feelings about the old guy. :suds:

And so the cycle continues lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose but 1 how often is he putting himself at risk, 2 how much is it really increasing the odds of an injury, 3 how much extra is brought to the table by the running ability?

Aside from Newton and Wilson... name me the QBs that have average 500 or more yards a yer rushing that havent also averaged 1-2 long term injuries per year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so the cycle continues lol

Hey at least Im being honest about it. The two QBs I think could come in and improve this team from day one likely wont be there unless we trade up.

Mayfield Im not sold on at all.

Jackson I think will be an injury waiting to happen at this level based on his playing style.

Allen I could live with, but I dont think he improves the team right away except from a cap stand point.

And if we trade up to get Darnold or Rosen... we are basically screwt for another 3-5 years. Unless we some how manage a defense that gives up less than 25 points a game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehb I love you for sustaining your arguments even when you have been shown to be largely wrong. How did Wentz get hurt? Yep, running the ball and trying to dive in the end zone. I wouldn't call Wentz a running QB but he is a QB. His high number of rushes in a game this year is 8 and he has rushed for less than 500 yards but sure as shit he is done for the season on a running play. I know, bad luck.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll not say anything contrary to this except that win or lose I remain the same about this team. No real excitement with winning and no real sadness when they lose. Like you, I too go way back with this team, and I'm at that point where it's, fool me once shame on you, fool me for more than 50 years shame on me.........NOT!!!

Say whatever you like my friend. Clearly you like them enough to come here and post on a regular basis as do I. I think we both suffer from sucking, mismanagement, poor players, stupid drama, bad ownership to the point it is hard to get excited again. Who thought after the last Super Bowl win things would go like this?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is simple. Players get injured. The more often they are hit, the higher the likelihood of injury.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Newton and Wilson... name me the QBs that have average 500 or more yards a yer rushing that havent also averaged 1-2 long term injuries per year.

Kap. How many QBs run that often though? That isn't really a large group of guys to look at.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehb I love you for sustaining your arguments even when you have been shown to be largely wrong. How did Wentz get hurt? Yep, running the ball and trying to dive in the end zone. I wouldn't call Wentz a running QB but he is a QB. His high number of rushes in a game this year is 8 and he has rushed for less than 500 yards but sure as shit he is done for the season on a running play. I know, bad luck.

Have I been shown to be largely wrong?

How did DeShaun Watson get hurt? It wasn' taking a hit.
How did Aaron Rodgers get hurt? It wasn' running the ball.
How did Derek Carr get hurt? In the pocket.

And so on and so on. People get hurt in all sorts of ways.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, Rodgers did get hurt running.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Rodgers did get hurt running.

Throwing*

He was on the move but throwing. Which I think highlights how ridiculous the anti running argument is. It suggests you should actively avoid the most optimal play out of some fear of injury. You really want rodgers to stop rolling out and extending plays? Good luck with that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey at least Im being honest about it. The two QBs I think could come in and improve this team from day one likely wont be there unless we trade up.

Mayfield Im not sold on at all.

Jackson I think will be an injury waiting to happen at this level based on his playing style.

Allen I could live with, but I dont think he improves the team right away except from a cap stand point.

And if we trade up to get Darnold or Rosen... we are basically screwt for another 3-5 years. Unless we some how manage a defense that gives up less than 25 points a game.

My personal ranking looks like

Rosen > Jackson > Mayfield > Darnold >>>> Allen

Lots can change though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal ranking looks like

Rosen > Jackson > Mayfield > Darnold >>>> Allen

Lots can change though.

I dont want Jackson under any circumstances.

Rosen and Darnold is a coin toss, but I dont think either will be there when we pick unless we trade up.

Mayfield is over rated and undersized. Which basically leaves Allen if we are just dead set on doing this.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes you have. Merry Christmas. I think you might be dean's brother. :pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my big problem with that is the assumption mobile QBs need to learn more than non mobile qbs. That may be true in some cases. In some cases its not.

which cases is it not ? mobile qbs tend to rely on their running skills (their best skill ) when they cant manipulate defenses to do what they want or they dont know what defenses are doing to them . randal cunningham roger staubach steve young , mike vick bobby douglas all struggled with this . some , later in their careers became good passers and could read defenses but it took time . RG3 never could . a guy like wilson was a passer first not a runner first like a lamar jackson

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing*

He was on the move but throwing. Which I think highlights how ridiculous the anti running argument is. It suggests you should actively avoid the most optimal play out of some fear of injury. You really want rodgers to stop rolling out and extending plays? Good luck with that.

I am not anti-running. I just don’t see it as an attribute needed for a QB, nor do I see it as a quality I want in a long term QB.

If you are going to take an RG3, you better use his legs because he can’t be effective without them. Cam Newton and Kap aren’t even professional QBs without the threat of the run. Honestly, I am not sure is Russell Wilson is and time may tell on Watson.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you have. Merry Christmas. I think you might be dean's brother. :pound:

Oh right. Wanting evidence in order to believe things and then not being given it somehow means...I'm wrong?

Meanwhile you're jumping in all over the place to misread posts and completely misrepresent people's arguments. You've got a strange idea of what it means to be wrong and right lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want Jackson under any circumstances.

Rosen and Darnold is a coin toss, but I dont think either will be there when we pick unless we trade up.

Mayfield is over rated and undersized. Which basically leaves Allen if we are just dead set on doing this.

Jackson I ssume is purely because he's a mobile qb but what if hes simply better than the other QBs?

Why do you think mayfield is overrated?

I'm not an allen fan at the moment at all.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which cases is it not ? mobile qbs tend to rely on their running skills (their best skill ) when they cant manipulate defenses to do what they want or they dont know what defenses are doing to them . randal cunningham roger staubach steve young , mike vick bobby douglas all struggled with this . some , later in their careers became good passers and could read defenses but it took time . RG3 never could . a guy like wilson was a passer first not a runner first like a lamar jackson

Its almost like I said some cases. You name several run first guys who needed to learn more than the non mobile guys.

Wilson, Cam, Watson, and others were mentally more prepared than many of the non mobile guys. Jackson appears to be more prepared than guys like Darnold and allen.

So like I said...sometimes mobile qbs have more to learn sometimes they don't.