• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team depth chart rating

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think these depth charts tell us anything.

A good example of this is when they mention that Alec Ogletree is 'below average' and still looking to justify his first round selection and then turn around and say that he was their 6th highest rated 4-3 OLB in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

Their rating is based on performance and not projection so its worthless.

They are useful but as with just about any rating system, they can't tell the whole story. I think they are more or less accurate but any specific rating is just subjective.

But taken on the whole I think they reflect the depth of each team pretty well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a homer, I just looked at the Pats rating - and laughed. Now I guess I should look at the competition and see how they rated - but I didn't. I guess I should be happy that I agreed with some of the ratings.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at maybe 7 teams other than the Pats. I looked at Denver, Seattle, Green Bay and Miami and a few more. What generally find, is that there is always a bias that creeps into any of these"lists". One example is that Rob Gronkowski is labeled as "Very Good". I may be biased, but I think he belongs in the "Elite" category. Just because he likes to dance and do a motorboat between two enormous breasts in North Carolina, doesn't make him less of a football player. Any idiot who watched the Super Bowl has to give Russell Wilson consideration as better than "Very Good". It took him 10 seconds to figure out that Matthews was the mismatch for the Patriots he repeatedly took advantage of it. With a minute to go in the biggest game yet played, he completed a miracle pass to Kearse. Most QBs would never have taken that chance. His biggest negative was a pass that intercepted at the goal line on a play he did not call.

Most of these lists are nothing more than some one trying to get attention when nothing else is going on.

I think there's a better than 90% chance that the Seahawks and Patriots could be in Super Bowl 50. The only team I think that can beat the Seahawks are the Green Bay Packers. The team that I truly believe can beat the Patriots are the Denver Broncos and not the Colts. I think this is Manning's Swan Song Year and the Broncos defense looks really, really, good.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at maybe 7 teams other than the Pats. I looked at Denver, Seattle, Green Bay and Miami and a few more. What generally find, is that there is always a bias that creeps into any of these"lists". One example is that Rob Gronkowski is labeled as "Very Good". I may be biased, but I think he belongs in the "Elite" category. Just because he likes to dance and do a motorboat between two enormous breasts in North Carolina, doesn't make him less of a football player. Any idiot who watched the Super Bowl has to give Russell Wilson consideration as better than "Very Good". It took him 10 seconds to figure out that Matthews was the mismatch for the Patriots he repeatedly took advantage of it. With a minute to go in the biggest game yet played, he completed a miracle pass to Kearse. Most QBs would never have taken that chance. His biggest negative was a pass that intercepted at the goal line on a play he did not call.

Most of these lists are nothing more than some one trying to get attention when nothing else is going on.

I think there's a better than 90% chance that the Seahawks and Patriots could be in Super Bowl 50. The only team I think that can beat the Seahawks are the Green Bay Packers. The team that I truly believe can beat the Patriots are the Denver Broncos and not the Colts. I think this is Manning's Swan Song Year and the Broncos defense looks really, really, good.

A. Gronk is rated as elite. Not sure what you were looking at there.

B. There is no way in hell Russell Wilson should be in the elite category. The high quality category is more than fair for him. Any "idiot" understands that.

C. This list from PFF is not them trying to get attention. It is 100% what they do at all times. Rate players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Wilson as very good. I think you could argue elite as well. But he's a tweeter either way.

I do agree that PFF isn't nearly as good grading off camera players particularly the DBs. They only grade using broadcast TV so they are just as limited as we are in judging how well DB players are playing away from the ball.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. There is no way in hell Russell Wilson should be in the elite category. The high quality category is more than fair for him. Any "idiot" understands that.

PFF ratings are based on quality not quantity. Wilson is as efficient as any QB in the league.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ratings are based on quality not quantity. Wilson is as efficient as any QB in the league.

If anyone believes Wilson is an elite QB, then they also believe 30% of the QBs in the NFL are elite.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am perfectly fine with Wilson being "only" very good. The explanation that PFF used is that certain positions may not have any elite players while others have 6 or more. They based it solely off of who they think are the top 50 players in the league, regardless of position.

I thought their classifications for the Seahawks roster was pretty spot on. I don't know any other roster well enough to make any judgments.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The things that the Patriots and the Seahawks had going for them was being #1 seeds. This year it looks like the AFCE is going to be much improved. On top of that, the Patriots went from having really good CB depth, to virtually none. I think it'll be hard for the Patriots to get that #1 seed again. In fact, getting the #2 seed may be tough as well. Indy should waltz its way to at least 12 wins which should be good for a first round bye. Can Denver, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh win 12+?

The Seahawks have a tough road as well. We play a depp AFCN, and a deep NFCN (only Cleveland and Chicago look subpar right now). Only 5 more week until preseason football though, can't come soon enough

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are useful but as with just about any rating system, they can't tell the whole story. I think they are more or less accurate but any specific rating is just subjective.

But taken on the whole I think they reflect the depth of each team pretty well.
I think they tell us how good the players were last year with no regard for who was healthy around them, who they were playing against and whether or not they improved at the end of the year.

I do suspect their offensive rankings are more accurate than their defensive rankings. Defense really is a team effort. Look at the Seahawks. Bobby Wagner is maybe their 3rd or 4th best defensive player but if he goes down then the whole defense takes a hit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
granted i only looked at the steelers

Leveon Bell is not elite.......apparently
Maurkice Pouncey is only good
Lawrence timmons is only good......

just at a quick glance, those are 3 darn good players.....pouncey and timmons perrenial pro bowlers dont even get "high quality"

Going off last year, they got it pretty close actually imo.

I thought they got the elite tags right...only AB and Ben have enough film to warrant that tag imo. Given that Bell has only done it for 2 yrs...I think high quality is fair, but I also thought Pouncey should get high quality. Surprised Beech got high quality.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going off last year, they got it pretty close actually imo.

I thought they got the elite tags right...only AB and Ben have enough film to warrant that tag imo. Given that Bell has only done it for 2 yrs...I think high quality is fair, but I also thought Pouncey should get high quality. Surprised Beech got high quality.
The ratings are supposed to be for current form , as in now , therefore bell should be elite

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats interesting given the Ravens were 1 decent corner away from blowing out the Patriots in there AFC Divisional game. We shall see.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course tgann turns this into a Ravens pats battle

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course tgann turns this into a Ravens pats battle
asking a poster why they think a team that pulled away by 14 (twice)from his team as the Ravens did in the divisional game only to be let down by weak corner and safety play has no chance at beating the Patriots this season is a battle?

I thot this was a football forum?