• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team depth chart rating

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right? I'll gladly be wrong if he does anything worthwhile. Not sure Logan outplayed Browner. I think it was partly do to Browner's penalties and the types of receivers they faced later on in the year.

That would qualify as out playing him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Arrington is gone, and Logan outplayed Browner for the role by the end of the season. Keep in mind Logan only has two seasons under his belt.

If Logan was so much better than Browner, why did he only play in 5 snaps in the Super Bowl and Browner played every defensive snap?

I'm not suggesting that Browner is irreplaceable by any means but you are just glossing over losing both your starting CBs

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
granted i only looked at the steelers

Leveon Bell is not elite.......apparently
Maurkice Pouncey is only good
Lawrence timmons is only good......

just at a quick glance, those are 3 darn good players.....pouncey and timmons perrenial pro bowlers dont even get "high quality"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Logan was so much better than Browner, why did he only play in 5 snaps in the Super Bowl and Browner played every defensive snap?

I'm not suggesting that Browner is irreplaceable by any means but you are just glossing over losing both your starting CBs

26 lbs vs a running team, would be my guess, but you would need to run it past the coaching staff.

I don't think losing Browner is going to be that big of a hit, if at all. Revis is a bit of a loss to be sure, but he also isn't the Revis of old and had struggled a number of times through the season.

Patriots seem to be more interested in youth at the position, Butler and Ryan.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 lbs vs a running team, would be my guess, but you would need to run it past the coaching staff.

I don't think losing Browner is going to be that big of a hit, if at all. Revis is a bit of a loss to be sure, but he also isn't the Revis of old and had struggled a number of times through the season.

Patriots seem to be more interested in youth at the position, Butler and Ryan.

Regardless of the Super Bowl, Browner had nearly 150 more snaps than Ryan despite missing a bunch of games due to suspension.

The Patriots couldn't resign either. More precisely they couldn't resign Revis and Browner is only a good fit when he has a premium CB on the other side. So they had little choice but to go with the youth movement. While I doubt they will be terrible, expecting anything close to the same performance from your CBs is expecting an awful lot. If Ryan is having a bad game, they can't just sit him and bring the next guy in.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the Super Bowl, Browner had nearly 150 more snaps than Ryan despite missing a bunch of games due to suspension.

The Patriots couldn't resign either. More precisely they couldn't resign Revis and Browner is only a good fit when he has a premium CB on the other side. So they had little choice but to go with the youth movement. While I doubt they will be terrible, expecting anything close to the same performance from your CBs is expecting an awful lot. If Ryan is having a bad game, they can't just sit him and bring the next guy in.

:L

Browner was basically let go. Revis wanted to much for who he is now, not something new for the Patriots. They prefer youth when the cost hits a certain level, and it did in this case.

Who said anyone was expecting anything?

Yes they can just sit him if he is having a bad game and bring in the next guy. It's what they have done for years. Why would this season be any different?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you post a face palm image and then say the same thing I just said? OK, I guess.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you post a face palm image and then say the same thing I just said? OK, I guess.[/QUOTE

You said they had little choice. False. (They added Fletcher and they may add another before camp. Though I suspect the youth is the direction they want to go.)

You implied it was believed there would be matching level of play from last season. False.

You stated they won't be able to sit Logan if he is having a bad game. False.

So which part are you saying I was simply repeating you?

:L:L

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went through an entire thread with nothing but football.
My congratulations to all who posted!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went through an entire thread with nothing but football.
My congratulations to all who posted!

Free Tom Brady! Rodger is a corrupt douchnozzle.

You're welcome.:nod:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou said they had little choice. False. (They added Fletcher and they may add another before camp. Though I suspect the youth is the direction they want to go.)

You implied it was believed there would be matching level of play from last season. False.

You stated they won't be able to sit Logan if he is having a bad game. False.

So which part are you saying I was simply repeating you?

You think they could have resigned Revis but simply chose not to? Did you really just Bradley Fletcher as an example of how they did have choices but chose not to pursure them?

Your second sentence is one of those silly arguments in which you pretend that you made no such claims. If you want to claim that your comments in this thread suggested that there would be a noticeable drop off, I'm not going to waste time with you.

Obviously he CAN sit if he's having a bad game. Did you really think I was arguing that he CANNOT sit? Do you really not understand the difference between being a starter and a backup is?

Some of you will argue anything just to argue.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they could have resigned Revis but simply chose not to? Did you really just Bradley Fletcher as an example of how they did have choices but chose not to pursure them?

Your second sentence is one of those silly arguments in which you pretend that you made no such claims. If you want to claim that your comments in this thread suggested that there would be a noticeable drop off, I'm not going to waste time with you.

Obviously he CAN sit if he's having a bad game. Did you really think I was arguing that he CANNOT sit? Do you really not understand the difference between being a starter and a backup is?

Some of you will argue anything just to argue.

No I don't think that. Where did I say that?

No I don't think that. Where did I say that?

I never said there would be a noticeable drop off, nor did I say their would be none.

You stated they couldn't sit him during a game if he wasn't perfoming. How else should one take it?

What does the difference between a starter and a backup have to do with what was being discussed?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win. Not worth the trouble of playing with semantics.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win. Not worth the trouble of playing with semantics.

It's not semantics. You made very specific comments in regards to what I posted, and they were wrong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEPatsfans simply insists on having the last word, no matter how long it takes. He's got the time to post until the end of time.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you give me a face palm for making a joke?