• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team depth chart rating

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest NW, I don't think you go to far and it seems you avoid turning a thread into a pissing match that turns into a insult contest. Also yes it takes two to tango, but when you see one certain poster involved in most of them, well...you sure wish he would spot it.
Thanks Harold. I usually enjoy our chats. I enjoy my side best though:pound:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes two to tango. Just saying. It's tough to have a one way "pissing match". I prefer to call them debates. Sure there are a couple posters I'd much rather argue with.

Some of us actually want to talk football. We aren't interested in "Defend your comments down to the literal detail". When people start demanding that you prove that they made a claim yet make no effort to simply make their point clearly, they are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Stating that the Patriots have a lot of question marks at corner and that they are likely going to see a drop off in performance isn't even a contentious point. Arguing that it isn't that big a deal because Revis isn't what he was, is silly. Other than Patriot homers, just about everyone in the football world would put Revis as, at the very least, a top 5 corner and most put him in the top 2. Arguing that you didn't literally say that losing isn't a big deal is just semantic ankle biting.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us actually want to talk football. We aren't interested in "Defend your comments down to the literal detail". When people start demanding that you prove that they made a claim yet make no effort to simply make their point clearly, they are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Stating that the Patriots have a lot of question marks at corner and that they are likely going to see a drop off in performance isn't even a contentious point. Arguing that it isn't that big a deal because Revis isn't what he was, is silly. Other than Patriot homers, just about everyone in the football world would put Revis as, at the very least, a top 5 corner and most put him in the top 2. Arguing that you didn't literally say that losing isn't a big deal is just semantic ankle biting.

:pound:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was a snowball in hell's chance of resigning Revis. Woody Johnson had made his intentions known and no matter what the Patriots would have offered, Johnson would have beaten it. Revis has always been a mercenary and he wanted his last contract to be a big one. If it was an even field I think Belichick would have made a go of it.

I don't think the Patriots had any interest in resigning him at anywhere near the price he would get. Too much money for an aging corner.

I'm not here to argue but to state why I think Revis is with the Jets and Browner is with the Saints. As far as sitting players, Belichick has never been shy about sitting players or even not including them in the active roster for a couple of weeks.

As I said, earlier, once Revis was gone, Browner wasn't the sort of player that would work for the Patriots.

I'll say this right now....If Logan Ryan doesn't step up his game in training camp and make a significant improvement over 2014, he won't be on the 53 man roster. I'm on your side of this fence Flyerhawk, just having a ring that you really didn't make much of difference for, won't mean a thing.

Both Butler and Ryan need to step up. And they might. Remains to be seen. Right now, they are putting a lot of pressure on McCourty unless at least one of them steps up to be a legitimate starting CB. If you get one of them to be a legit starter then you can roll the defense to help out the other guy.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, you never made a statement that was proven incorrect based on assumption/s you made about the comments of the person you were discussing the topic at hand.
You,

I'm not suggesting that Browner is irreplaceable by any means but you are just glossing over losing both your starting CBs.

Me,

I don't think losing Browner is going to be that big of a hit, if at all. Revis is a bit of a loss to be sure, but he also isn't the Revis of old and had struggled a number of times through the season.

You,

Regardless of the Super Bowl, Browner had nearly 150 more snaps than Ryan despite missing a bunch of games due to suspension.

The Patriots couldn't resign either. More precisely they couldn't resign Revis and Browner is only a good fit when he has a premium CB on the other side. So they had little choice but to go with the youth movement. While I doubt they will be terrible, expecting anything close to the same performance from your CBs is expecting an awful lot. If Ryan is having a bad game, they can't just sit him and bring the next guy in.

Me,

Browner was basically let go. Revis wanted to much for who he is now, not something new for the Patriots. They prefer youth when the cost hits a certain level, and it did in this case.

Who said anyone was expecting anything?

Yes they can just sit him if he is having a bad game and bring in the next guy. It's what they have done for years. Why would this season be any different?

You,

So you post a face palm image and then say the same thing I just said? OK, I guess.

Me,

You said they had little choice. False. (They added Fletcher and they may add another before camp. Though I suspect the youth is the direction they want to go.)

You implied it was believed there would be matching level of play from last season. False.

You stated they won't be able to sit Logan if he is having a bad game. False.

So which part are you saying I was simply repeating you?

You,

You think they could have resigned Revis but simply chose not to? Did you really just Bradley Fletcher as an example of how they did have choices but chose not to pursure them?

Your second sentence is one of those silly arguments in which you pretend that you made no such claims. If you want to claim that your comments in this thread suggested that there would be a noticeable drop off, I'm not going to waste time with you.

Obviously he CAN sit if he's having a bad game. Did you really think I was arguing that he CANNOT sit? Do you really not understand the difference between being a starter and a backup is?

Some of you will argue anything just to argue.

Me,

No I don't think that. Where did I say that?

I never said there would be a noticeable drop off, nor did I say their would be none.

You stated they couldn't sit him during a game if he wasn't perfoming. How else should one take it?

What does the difference between a starter and a backup have to do with what was being discussed?

You,

You win. Not worth the trouble of playing with semantics.

Me,

It's not semantics. You made very specific comments in regards to what I posted, and they were wrong.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with you. I can't be bothered with people that want to do a tit for tat semantic fight. You win. You are an Internet champion of arguing.

Ken was actually trying to have a discussion. So was NWpats as far as I could tell. You want to just bicker.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with you. I can't be bothered with people that want to do a tit for tat semantic fight. You win. You are an Internet champion of arguing.

Ken was actually trying to have a discussion. So was NWpats as far as I could tell. You want to just bicker.

It's not semantics. Nice try.

You make specific statements, then when called on them get all huffy.

It's your style.

You're a passive agressive poster, and get all testy when called on it.:thumb:

Nothing you said about my posts was true, yet you tried to label them a way that you desired.

You try to frame it from your perspective. This is a known tactic to try and gain high ground. Use it on others, it won't work on me.:suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you guys have the team depth chart rating down to a science.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh FFS. What does this statement mean?
Revis is a bit of a loss to be sure, but he also isn't the Revis of old and had struggled a number of times through the season.

So losing one of the top corners in the league is a bit of a loss, which implies to anyone being honest, that won't be much of a hit.

I go on to say that they couldn't resign Revis which means REALISTICALLY they couldn't because of their cap priorities. You then focus on they COULD technically have done it which is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Of course they could do it if they really really wanted to . Just like your starting corners could be benched at any time.

It's mindless bickering.

You should probably look up what passive-aggressive is. Me not wanting to play your games isn't passive aggressive.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh FFS. What does this statement mean?

So losing one of the top corners in the league is a bit of a loss, which implies to anyone being honest, that won't be much of a hit.

I go on to say that they couldn't resign Revis which means REALISTICALLY they couldn't because of their cap priorities. You then focus on they COULD technically have done it which is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Of course they could do it if they really really wanted to . Just like your starting corners could be benched at any time.

It's mindless bickering.

You should probably look up what passive-aggressive is. Me not wanting to play your games isn't passive aggressive.

No it implies that it's not as big of a loss as you make it seem. He wasn't exactly worldly last season. Solid yes, Revis of old, not exactly. Those 2 picks were awesome. (14 passes defended. Tied at 14 thru 18 overall with guys like Bashaud Breeland.)

They could resign him, but it was never going to happen because it's not how the Patriots build teams. Your "cap priorities" is reframing to cover yourself. Nice try.

You stated,
If Ryan is having a bad game, they can't just sit him and bring the next guy in.

So what did you mean by that statement? It's pretty clear in it's point.

You made it based on built in assumptions is my guess. When in fact the Patriots do it all the time, particularly with corners.

You go for the "mindless bickering" because you got called out, something you have shown on these boards to have an issue with.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and by the way, you are right, you never do this,

It's really not a difficult concept, basically, passive-aggressive behavior is an intentional attack on another individual made with at least some degree of plausible deniability concerning the attack, the intent, or the target. The reason for the plausible deniability because the passive-aggressive individual wants to be able to attack someone else without giving his target a justification for striking back.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it implies that it's not as big of a loss as you make it seem. He wasn't exactly worldly last season. Solid yes, Revis of old, not exactly. Those 2 picks were awesome. (14 passes defended. Tied at 14 thru 18 overall with guys like Bashaud Breeland.)

You mean when I said this..
While I doubt they will be terrible, expecting anything close to the same performance from your CBs is expecting an awful lot.

That was the big loss I was making it seem like? Again, you are arguing just to argue. I made a tepid comment that your secondary is likely to take a hit. You didn't like it so you started arguing the minutae.

They could resign him, but it was never going to happen because it's not how the Patriots build teams. Your "cap priorities" is reframing to cover yourself. Nice try.

No it is not. I assumed that people on a football message board understood how the cap works. The Patriots have a lot of talented players that cost money. They have to make choices and paying Revis AT LEAST $16 million this year was simply not a feasible choice. The Jets could do it because they don't have a lot of big ticket players. Now, as I said, this is a pretty obvious point that I would hope I wouldn't need to explain but apparently I did need to because you chose to infer the utterly preposterous claim that the Patriots simply were incapable of signing him.

So what did you mean by that statement? It's pretty clear in it's point.

And when your starters go down you have to replace them with lesser players which hurts even more. When you are developing players that are given spot duty, you can ease them in and out of the lineup based on performance and situation. When you are the starting player, if you are playing poorly the team suffers because they have no one else to fill your shoes. Again, this is sports 101.

You made it based on built in assumptions is my guess. When in fact the Patriots do it all the time, particularly with corners.

So the Patriots are special and they never suffer when they lose players. Gotcha.

You go for the "mindless bickering" because you got called out, something you have shown on these boards to have an issue with.

When you challenge language rather than simply making points, you are just bickering. I'm not interesting whittling down simple comments because someone wants to infer an absurdity.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and by the way, you are right, you never do this,

Where did I attack you? I said I wasn't interesting in your bickering.

Whatever. Have fun with the last word. It seems important to you.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I attack you? I said I wasn't interesting in your bickering.

Whatever. Have fun with the last word. It seems important to you.

Have fun with being passive agressive. It seems to be a norm for you.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when I said this..

That was the big loss I was making it seem like? Again, you are arguing just to argue. I made a tepid comment that your secondary is likely to take a hit. You didn't like it so you started arguing the minutae.

No it is not. I assumed that people on a football message board understood how the cap works. The Patriots have a lot of talented players that cost money. They have to make choices and paying Revis AT LEAST $16 million this year was simply not a feasible choice. The Jets could do it because they don't have a lot of big ticket players. Now, as I said, this is a pretty obvious point that I would hope I wouldn't need to explain but apparently I did need to because you chose to infer the utterly preposterous claim that the Patriots simply were incapable of signing him.

And when your starters go down you have to replace them with lesser players which hurts even more. When you are developing players that are given spot duty, you can ease them in and out of the lineup based on performance and situation. When you are the starting player, if you are playing poorly the team suffers because they have no one else to fill your shoes. Again, this is sports 101.

So the Patriots are special and they never suffer when they lose players. Gotcha.

When you challenge language rather than simply making points, you are just bickering. I'm not interesting whittling down simple comments because someone wants to infer an absurdity.

It's all about your "deniablity".

Thanks for proving my point. :suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't change what you said,

You,

I'm not suggesting that Browner is irreplaceable by any means but you are just glossing over losing both your starting CBs.

Me,

I don't think losing Browner is going to be that big of a hit, if at all. Revis is a bit of a loss to be sure, but he also isn't the Revis of old and had struggled a number of times through the season.

You,

Regardless of the Super Bowl, Browner had nearly 150 more snaps than Ryan despite missing a bunch of games due to suspension.

The Patriots couldn't resign either. More precisely they couldn't resign Revis and Browner is only a good fit when he has a premium CB on the other side. So they had little choice but to go with the youth movement. While I doubt they will be terrible, expecting anything close to the same performance from your CBs is expecting an awful lot. If Ryan is having a bad game, they can't just sit him and bring the next guy in.

Me,

Browner was basically let go. Revis wanted to much for who he is now, not something new for the Patriots. They prefer youth when the cost hits a certain level, and it did in this case.

Who said anyone was expecting anything?

Yes they can just sit him if he is having a bad game and bring in the next guy. It's what they have done for years. Why would this season be any different?

You,

So you post a face palm image and then say the same thing I just said? OK, I guess.

Me,

You said they had little choice. False. (They added Fletcher and they may add another before camp. Though I suspect the youth is the direction they want to go.)

You implied it was believed there would be matching level of play from last season. False.

You stated they won't be able to sit Logan if he is having a bad game. False.

So which part are you saying I was simply repeating you?

You,

You think they could have resigned Revis but simply chose not to? Did you really just Bradley Fletcher as an example of how they did have choices but chose not to pursure them?

Your second sentence is one of those silly arguments in which you pretend that you made no such claims. If you want to claim that your comments in this thread suggested that there would be a noticeable drop off, I'm not going to waste time with you.

Obviously he CAN sit if he's having a bad game. Did you really think I was arguing that he CANNOT sit? Do you really not understand the difference between being a starter and a backup is?

Some of you will argue anything just to argue.

Me,

I never said there would be a noticeable drop off, nor did I say their would be none.

You stated they couldn't sit him during a game if he wasn't perfoming. How else should one take it?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of this discussion is that the seahags got beaten by a CB that was a nobody on the Pats roster for the most part.

You don't always have to have the best players at any given position when the team is superior in coaching.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get back on topic here: our reasons why the Seahawks have the best roster in the league

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think these depth charts tell us anything.

A good example of this is when they mention that Alec Ogletree is 'below average' and still looking to justify his first round selection and then turn around and say that he was their 6th highest rated 4-3 OLB in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

Their rating is based on performance and not projection so its worthless.