• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tatis Jr. or Soroka should be NLROY

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. For those two games they both just pitched ok. See how I dont get all butt hurt and claim it's something that dooms their future is indicative of their season. I don't know much about Soroka and have no idea about his upside. I just watched that game where he pitched OK. Ryu has been one of if not the best pitcher in the National league all year and in yesterdays game he was OK. The Dodgers had chances to win but they didn't. The Braves are fighting to get into the playoffs and should be very motivated in every game.
I agree both are great pitchers. Ryu owns us.......Except for last night

And only reason our division is not over is because we have had so many damn injuries here in the 2nd half

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree both are great pitchers. Ryu owns us.......Except for last night

And only reason our division is not over is because we have had so many damn injuries here in the 2nd half

It's going to be interesting when Taylor and Kike Hernandez and later Rich Hill come back off of injuries. The kids brought up are kicking ass and frankly have out performed what Taylor and Kike have been doing this season. I can't imagine were the Dodgers would be if Will Smith had been starting from the go and Matt Beatty had been there on the bench.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I just heard Bellinger go yard against the Braves again. lol

tenor.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I just heard Bellinger go yard against the Braves again. lol

This is a prime example of why you don't talk shit until the game is over.

LOL @ your exposed lack of baseball knowledge in this thread.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ that red headed fuck letting a 28 year old career AAAA player hit a grand slam off of him.

Noah Syndergaard has never beaten us. Looks like we can handle Gingergaard just fine too.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not really. I think Ryu's a very good pitcher whose pitched over his head. But my point was that you shouldn't use one game to judge a pitcher.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really. I think Ryu's a very good pitcher whose pitched over his head. But my point was that you shouldn't use one game to judge a pitcher.
:L I wasn’t. I was being sarcastic because of what Jim said on the previous page

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, it was a smart ass response to another poster pretty much saying Soroka wasn't what he was cracked up to be after one start(where he didn't pitch bad at all FTR)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many great rookies this season but if they stay healthy the rest of the season and keep producing I think it should go to Alonso or Soroka since they've done it all year. Some of those other guys may end up having a better career but for rookie of the year I'd go with one of them so far. And I hate to lobby for the Braves guy but you could make a case that since there have been so many great rookie hitters coming up this year a starting pitcher having the success that Soroka is having is remarkable. People talk about hitting conditions in Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Philly saying bandbox this and bandbox that but this year the ball has been flying out of Sun Trust and Soroka has a 2.41 ERA. (in fact he's been unbelievable on the road). Maybe the (relatively) low strikeouts will eventually catch up to him but I think you have to base an award like rookie of the year on the results for this season so for me it is between Soroka and Alonso. But if Alvarez keeps putting up video game numbers for another 38 games or Aquino keeps hitting a homerun every 5 At bats maybe I'll reconsider

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting when Taylor and Kike Hernandez and later Rich Hill come back off of injuries. The kids brought up are kicking ass and frankly have out performed what Taylor and Kike have been doing this season. I can't imagine were the Dodgers would be if Will Smith had been starting from the go and Matt Beatty had been there on the bench.
Yeah the Dodgers are so loaded right now they actually need a few injuries here and there to get everyone playing time. It seems like they can just bring a guy up for the minors and he immediately hits a couple homeruns. Will Smith, Kyle Garlick, Rios, whoever. The only "weakness" they had offensively was that they're very left handed heavy but their best guys like Bellinger and Muncy don't seem to care whether they are facing lefty or a righty, and now if Will Smith can hit like he's been they are solid 1-8

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a prime example of why you don't talk shit until the game is over.

LOL @ your exposed lack of baseball knowledge in this thread.
Lack of baseball knowledge? LOl. I used to sneak into Dodger stadium with my buds when I was like 8 years old. I know plenty. I played High school ball between the police academy and Dodger Stadium (its now parking lot) . My High school is right below Dodger Stadium next to Chinatown.I'm just a fan of the team and might see things with a little of a blue tint. But I do have to give you a

tenor.gif