• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Takeaways from today's game

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez... what did you guys lead us into? Dont be so sensitive... most of us have been posting together for the better part of 16 years, we get a little chippy but I swear its not personal.

There is icon for that,:suds: don't get me wrong I like smart arse's and deep conversations and I can listen to others well, but when somone runs there mouth a little to much it does bother the house...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is an F +? What institution gives out an F+? Was he that bad or was he bad, but not quite a failure for a grade? Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game. I did read another thread and it seems like most of you lost your marbles during the first half.:wtf2:

Well, Foles in the first half was in many ways much worse than in the Cowboys game last year. By a HUGE margin. Not only that, the running game was not working, play-calling was bad, and the O-line atrocious. And that even before both Barbre and Mathis went down. Foles looked worse than the worst put on display by Matt Barkley at any point so far. There was not a single suggestion that the offense would be able to turn it around. At the same time, the defense got busted early, and seemed to hang on by the skin of its teeth from then on - with it only a matter of time before it too would fall apart due to being hung out to dry since the first drive of the game. The interception he threw in the endzone was worse than anything Romo has put up in his career so far. At the same time Chip managed to pull an Andy in the worst way on that series.

Foles of the first half actually did not even merit a grade, an F- would have been generous.

Based on the second half, Foles would warrant a D, maybe a D+. And basically only because of the way he seemed to mentally turn things around in the 2nd half, and did not stink it up for the whole game (unlike last year's Dallas game).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take aways:

- Chip is apparently able to pull an Andy.

- Jenkins and Sproles are huge upgrades.

- Bad games for Foles are really bad games. Like in worse-than-third-stringer bad.

- The O-line did not look good, even before Mathis and Barbre left. Especially in the running game, way too often nothing was there for either Sproles or McCoy to make use of.

- The front seven was great. Looks like Curry and Graham in particular some jump, did not see too much of a drop off. Barwin is a stud, and arguably the best player on this defense.

- Looks like CB is the liability this year, and not safety (Jenkins, Allen and Wolff).

- Hope this Parkey kid can keep this up. Might have our kicker for the next few years then.

- Donny Jones and our gunners (especially Boykin), might be the best punt-unit in the league at this point.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles blew chunk the first half. The second half, he was alright, but the passing game changed from intermediate routes to shorter routes, so that helped him a lot. I'd give him an F simply because of the turnovers. You can't turn the ball over like that and expect to beat better teams. If it wasn't for the turnovers, I'd say a C-/D.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is icon for that,:suds: don't get me wrong I like smart arse's and deep conversations and I can listen to others well, but when somone runs there mouth a little to much it does bother the house...
I hear you, I just ask if we can give the kffl guys a little time for everyone to adjust. We may be a bit rough but we are a good bunch, I can tell you guys are too. I admit I can be a bit abrasive at times too if I do offend anyone its not on purpose the same goes for the rest of the gang.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take aways:

- Chip is apparently able to pull an Andy.

- Jenkins and Sproles are huge upgrades.

- Bad games for Foles are really bad games. Like in worse-than-third-stringer bad.

- The O-line did not look good, even before Mathis and Barbre left. Especially in the running game, way too often nothing was there for either Sproles or McCoy to make use of.

- The front seven was great. Looks like Curry and Graham in particular some jump, did not see too much of a drop off. Barwin is a stud, and arguably the best player on this defense.

- Looks like CB is the liability this year, and not safety (Jenkins, Allen and Wolff).

- Hope this Parkey kid can keep this up. Might have our kicker for the next few years then.

- Donny Jones and our gunners (especially Boykin), might be the best punt-unit in the league at this point.
100% agreed on all points.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, I just ask if we can give the kffl guys a little time for everyone to adjust.
We may be a bit rough but we are a good bunch, I can tell you guys are too. I admit I can be a bit abrasive at times too if I do offend anyone its not on purpose the same goes for the rest of the gang.

Not a problem, just ask questions, were all castaways from other boards, and we all had to learn...

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KFFL is still hanging on so I will post in both places. I am pretty used to the directness of most of the posters and I somewhat prefer a heated argument. :D

Aside from all that, I thought the team played like crap. I give props to the whole team for coming out of this with a win. There will always be games where nothing seems to work and we used to lose those. I hope Chip works his a$$ off and puts a better product on the field Monday night!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles has always been more quick than fast IMO. I thought he looked very good on punt returns and gave us a big lift in that area. Huge upgrade there. I think he played a little more than I expected on offense, but I really think the coaches were unhappy with how McCoy was dancing in the hole instead of taking 3 yards and giving his team second and third and short.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this mean?

Meant to say...New Eagles game day thread...but couldn't go back and edit it.

What that means is...This forum looked to be pretty dead before...Now there are quite a few new people that have come over (as you can see by the gameday thread) that have been together for quite a while. It's how it's gonna be. Some people are gonna be jumpin off the bridge, some are gonna drink the green Kool-Aid, some are gonna suck Kellys cack...buts of different perspectives from this group.

As far as caring about someone agreeing with my comments...lol. I'm not a newbie my friend...just new here.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F+ isnt a school grade, after all, this is a sports forum... He gets an F becuase he played poorly and really hurt the team, but he gets the plus because we got the win. The qb does get a slight bump imo if he gets the win, but he had little to do with it.

I guess us MO/kffl migrants need to toughen you guys up here lol

No shit...wowza

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say...New Eagles game day thread...but couldn't go back and edit it.

What that means is...This forum looked to be pretty dead before...Now there are quite a few new people that have come over (as you can see by the gameday thread) that have been together for quite a while. It's how it's gonna be. Some people are gonna be jumpin off the bridge, some are gonna drink the green Kool-Aid, some are gonna suck Kellys cack...buts of different perspectives from this group.

As far as caring about someone agreeing with my comments...lol. I'm not a newbie my friend...just new here.

So great for everyone to have an active Eagles board. Even I, as a skins fan, am super pleased to see Philly repped so nicely on the Hoop... More NFCE fans are always fun :yes:

But it's never a bad idea to understand that new and old posters will always need some time to adjust and understand each other's posting styles as they merge together...

Patience, tolerance and some thick skin are required, by Both new and old.

That said, looks like there is going to be some GREAT football debates and discussions on this board!

Cheers and welcome :suds:

And congrats on the win...dammit! :tsk: LOL

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, I just ask if we can give the kffl guys a little time for everyone to adjust. We may be a bit rough but we are a good bunch, I can tell you guys are too. I admit I can be a bit abrasive at times too if I do offend anyone its not on purpose the same goes for the rest of the gang.

Nicely said.

Cheers Speedy :suds:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles blew chunk the first half. The second half, he was alright, but the passing game changed from intermediate routes to shorter routes, so that helped him a lot. I'd give him an F simply because of the turnovers. You can't turn the ball over like that and expect to beat better teams. If it wasn't for the turnovers, I'd say a C-/D.

Except he hit Maclin for a 68 yard TD and Ertz for a 25 yard TD in the 2nd half, in fact I think Foles made an effort to get the ball down the field more in the 2nd half. Jacksonille was actually daring them two they were playing everyone within 8 yards of the line of scrimage to stop Shady and Foles.

Once again folks you can`t give Foles an F for a game that he threw for 322 yards, had two TD passes and won the game. The game is not two quarters its a 4 quarter game. Foles sucked as bad as he could for two quarters but was very good or two quarters.

Joe Flacco was the same for Baltimore yesterday. Crap happens.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again folks you can`t give Foles an F for a game that he threw for 322 yards, had two TD passes and won the game. The game is not two quarters its a 4 quarter game. Foles sucked as bad as he could for two quarters but was very good or two quarters.

Sure you can...If what you say is how you look at it...It's a 50% which is an F.

0% (worst he could be and was VERY close to it) in the first half and 100% (best he could be and he wasn't nearly that) in the second half...It was a bad game as a whole.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely said.

Cheers Speedy :suds:
Right back atcha mate! ...but I do hope rg3 breaks his kneecap on the same play orakpo and morris colide on the sideline leading to 4 acl tears. ;-)

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, you cant look at the stat sheet only. Foles left at least 10 receptions, 200 yards and 3 tds on the turf. He held the ball so long, our all pro, best lineman in football couldnt hold anymore. Foles was bad, as I pointed out, even his two td passes were badly thrown, hell, the throw to 5'7 sproles would have been an over throw if momah was the target. Foles was practice squad bad. I dont think he will play like that next week, but it is cuase fir concern.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back atcha mate! ...but I do hope rg3 breaks his kneecap on the same play orakpo and morris colide on the sideline leading to 4 acl tears. ;-)

:omg:

I don't even want to imagine a scenario like that..:gaah:

I always want the best players on the field, hate big injuries for any player on any team, even y'all...

Btw, I do get that you are joking here...

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

I don't even want to imagine a scenario like that..:gaah:

I always want the best players on the field, hate big injuries for any player on any team, even y'all...

Btw, I do get that you are joking here...
Lol lol, just jokes.