• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Takeaways from today's game

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles looked horrid the 1st half. Missed guys everywhere. Held the ball too long. Turned the ball over 3 times. He lost that 1st half for the Eagles.

2nd half was much better. Not great, though. He still looked apprehensive in the pocket. Missed some throws. But, overall, played good enough to win.

Kelly pulled a Reid in the 1st half when the team looked unprepared for a game. But, unlike Reid, he adjusted at halfitme and the team responded.

Our D played lights out 2nd half ball. You never had a fear of the Jags driving for a score.

Overall, the Eagles avoided a 1st game upset. Something that happens many times the 1st week of the season (see NE, Chi, NO). It was a fun game to be at and a tale of 2 halves. Hopefully they learn from it and move on to a complete game. If there's 1 thing we've seen from Kelly, it's that he doesn't make the same mistake twice. So I don't expect a repeat of the team not being prepared...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halftime adjustment. Two words Andy Reid never learned. He actually apologized for giving Jamaal Charles just 7 carries yesterday. I had to chuckle when I saw that. Those poor KC fans.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he hit Maclin for a 68 yard TD and Ertz for a 25 yard TD in the 2nd half, in fact I think Foles made an effort to get the ball down the field more in the 2nd half. Jacksonille was actually daring them two they were playing everyone within 8 yards of the line of scrimage to stop Shady and Foles.

The Maclin TD was blown coverage. Most pass attempts the second half were under 10 yards, I'd guess... lots of screens, lots of quick outs. That's at least how it felt.

And you totally can give Foles an F for this game. Two fumbles leading to 14 points... one at midfield and one deep in Eagles territory. That's the kind of shit that loses games. On top of that, he threw an INT when the Eagles were finally threatening to score.

If you rate each half on a scale of 1 to 100, he would probably get a 0 for the first half, and maybe an 80 for the second half. That's a 40 average, a failing grade. Hell, even if he had a perfect second half and you think the second half is more important and thusly weigh it to be worth 33% more, he'd still have a failing grade.

First half = 0
Second half = 100+(100*.33)=133
Total game score = 133+0=133
Max game score = 233
233/133= 57.08%

But that is way too fucking complicated, you get the point... he sucked and an above average second half doesn't redeem an absolutely abhorrent second half.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give Foles an "F". The whole team played like crap in the 1st half. Special teams did a decent job. :D

The team found a way to win and that is all that matters. Foles is still a young, inexperienced QB and sometimes the team is going to have to bail him out. The whole team played well in the second and we got a nice win. 1-0 = undefeated so that has to be an "A". :D :D :D

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shady's turf toe is a little more of a problem than they are letting on. I could think of a few reasons for Foles blowin chunks in the first half, but I'd rather just wait to see how he and the team responds, Monday.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won so he gets a d in my book because he wasn't a total fail

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is going thru what Michael Vick went thru. Did well when he was thrown into the starter role, but adjusting to being the starter from the jump of training camp. Foles is not playing nearly as loose this year as he did last year ... same thing Vick went thru after his MVP runner up year. Foles is waiting too long for people to get open ... the top QB's throw people open, I was hoping to see more of that from Foles this season. It's only game 1 though ... no jumping for Foles' bridge yet. Hopefully the light goes on for him game two.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is going thru what Michael Vick went thru. Did well when he was thrown into the starter role, but adjusting to being the starter from the jump of training camp. Foles is not playing nearly as loose this year as he did last year ... same thing Vick went thru after his MVP runner up year. Foles is waiting too long for people to get open ... the top QB's throw people open, I was hoping to see more of that from Foles this season. It's only game 1 though ... no jumping for Foles' bridge yet. Hopefully the light goes on for him game two.

Rey my friend always the voice of reason. So right about adjustments, Foles had to make a lot of adjustments in this game as did Chip. Remember Foles top three receivers last year were Cooper, Jackson and Avant, this year its Cooper, Mathews and Maclin. While he did throw to Maclin two years ago, there is still an adjustment. Heck throwing to Darrin Sproles is an adjustment, the screen pass he had to throw to Sproles which was just over his head, he throw it too high for Sproles would have been fine for Shady, especially since he had a d lineman in his face.

For all those once again giving Foles and F. F=Failure, the last time I checked the Eagles won the game and they didn't win it without Foles. Only in Philly can a team win but it be considered a failure.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What matters is this

The FIRST PLACE Philadelphia Eagles - and HOPEFULLY it stays that way.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never take much from the first game. You can look at the first half or the second half and form an opinion. Then you're just guessing.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ICYMI

Last edited by a moderator: