• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T-Williams in Danger

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance Williams is in danger of losing the No. 3 receiver job.

Williams dropped two passes and ran the wrong route on a play that resulted in an interception on Sunday night. He didn't show any chemistry with Tony Romo and continues to struggle with picking up the Cowboys offense. Dwayne Harris will get extended look as the third receiver this week.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Williams dropped two passes and ran the wrong route on a play that resulted in an interception on Sunday night. He didn't show any chemistry with Tony Romo and continues to struggle with picking up the Cowboys offense. Dwayne Harris will get extended look as the third receiver this week.

IMO, he never should have had the job in the first place. He drops as many as he catches, and blows assignments, at least thats what it looks like when Romo is biting him on the ass. Give me D Harris all day. Williams is gonna be fine, let him earn his way

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, he never should have had the job in the first place. He drops as many as he catches, and blows assignments, at least thats what it looks like when Romo is biting him on the ass. Give me D Harris all day. Williams is gonna be fine, let him earn his way
:agree:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't his intelligence/route running the main concern with drafting him? Looks like those concerns may have been justified.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really find MOST of this amusing.

The part I didn't... No he should not have been given the job. (This I 100% agree with)

However the rest of the comments.....

Took Dez til half way through last year to learn to run what 4 routes? Yet he was declared the next Mike ... long before he ever proved it.

A rookie receiver's first game ... and he gets slammed..... week to week fans...

I bet if he catches for 150 yards and a Td this week... (not saying that will happen) the whole opinion of him changes in one game....... WEEK TO WEEK FANS

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't his intelligence/route running the main concern with drafting him? Looks like those concerns may have been justified.

no they were never questioned .... was a weak draft... what was questioned was the talent he played against... he cant help that ... you can only play each week

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have 2 big drops and supposedly did the wrong thing on a pattern that resulted in a pick. Now heres my question- on 3rd and long inside the 20 , you have 19, 88, 82, and 83 in the pattern, why was Romo trusting a rookie in that situation. I think the pass was actually short of the first down too. That one made me scratch my head a little. To give Romo credit though, after the play he still kept going back to him so maybe they do have some chemistry. Now if it was up to me 17 would be playing until 83 showed more. The problem is we are rarely in 4 wr now, so how is he suppose to show anything if he isnt on the field

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they were never questioned .... was a weak draft... what was questioned was the talent he played against... he cant help that ... you can only play each week

that was a big question about Jerry Rice when he came out

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really find MOST of this amusing.

The part I didn't... No he should not have been given the job. (This I 100% agree with)

However the rest of the comments.....

Took Dez til half way through last year to learn to run what 4 routes? Yet he was declared the next Mike ... long before he ever proved it.

A rookie receiver's first game ... and he gets slammed..... week to week fans...

I bet if he catches for 150 yards and a Td this week... (not saying that will happen) the whole opinion of him changes in one game....... WEEK TO WEEK FANS

I said he would be fine, I actually think he will be the number 2 this time next year. I think it was a disservice to him to hand him the job, and more, I think DHarris earned the job on the field last year. I think Williams could be similar to a Roddy White in time, but it's going to be a while before he is ready IMO

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams will b fine eventually

He did not earn the starting job IMO that was gifted based on draft position

Jerry still using his influence :(

17 should start and bring Williams along as he learns the position

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams will b fine eventually

He did not earn the starting job IMO that was gifted based on draft position

Jerry still using his influence :(

17 should start and bring Williams along as he learns the position

I'm afraid you are correct.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he would be fine, I actually think he will be the number 2 this time next year. I think it was a disservice to him to hand him the job, and more, I think DHarris earned the job on the field last year. I think Williams could be similar to a Roddy White in time, but it's going to be a while before he is ready IMO

I thought Harris earned the job as well..... But I'm not jason or Jerry ....

week 4 hits I think we can drop the bomb on players .... but week one on rookies?

I just dont look at football like that .... same way I havent declared Dez a hero yet ... It's both ways with me.
Dez has potential to be ... but Im not claiming him the best until he shows that he is among them .... and I'm not claiming this kid a failure after one game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Harris earned the job as well..... But I'm not jason or Jerry ....

week 4 hits I think we can drop the bomb on players .... but week one on rookies?

I just dont look at football like that .... same way I havent declared Dez a hero yet ... It's both ways with me.
Dez has potential to be ... but Im not claiming him the best until he shows that he is among them .... and I'm not claiming this kid a failure after one game

nobody said failure but GIVEN something not earned is very fair

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody said failure but GIVEN something not earned is very fair

Ok I can appreciate that ....

but werent the same type posters hating Austin early in his career... Loving him when he did great ... hating him after he got hurt ?

I'll stand up and said I thought Austin would be gone ... but BEACUSE OF CAP reasons ... thats been restructured ...

I'm talking about the love the guy this week hate him the next

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this same debate about Carter ......

Maybe I'm wrong ... but just maybe I'm not ...

Same debate with Lee..... and Just this offseason without a full season everyone feared him returning to the cowboys ...

I'mma just leave it like this ... The kid is a football player

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a big believer in TWIll, but he needs more time on the practice field or after practice with Tony. Most of last week was probably nerves, but won't get any better after that showing and now the need to "right the wrongs".

The future is TWill, but the now is not. Harris needs to be out there more often right now

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I can appreciate that ....

but werent the same type posters hating Austin early in his career... Loving him when he did great ... hating him after he got hurt ?

I'll stand up and said I thought Austin would be gone ... but BEACUSE OF CAP reasons ... thats been restructured ...

I'm talking about the love the guy this week hate him the next

don't get me started about Austin.
Sheer luck he got to play ....even after showing a deserved opportunity for a bigger role. Insert harris here for 2013. Williams leap frogged Harris and nothing showed in the preseason games as to why. Nothing can be concluded other than GM Jerry

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this same debate about Carter ......

Maybe I'm wrong ... but just maybe I'm not ...

Same debate with Lee..... and Just this offseason without a full season everyone feared him returning to the cowboys ...

I'mma just leave it like this ... The kid is a football player

cater was a red shirt pick but a helleva football player coming from college. Only person I remember trashing the pick was Ft Worthless

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cater was a red shirt pick but a helleva football player coming from college. Only person I remember trashing the pick was Ft Worthless

I remember alot trashing him ..... as a wasted pick

Same was said with Lee the year before ..

Value picks because of injuries

I remember you fighting the defense of Lee's pick ... just as hard as I fought the defense of Carter's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember alot trashing him ..... as a wasted pick

Same was said with Lee the year before ..

Value picks because of injuries

I remember you fighting the defense of Lee's pick ... just as hard as I fought the defense of Carter's

but what degree of those people were posting for the shock value?
anyone that follows football knew they both were 1st round grades with injuries.
Football is a rough sport, everyone is a risk to a degree.