• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The top 15 college football running backs in 2018

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bama fan i would love to put D Harris on here, but, he simply does not get the touches the others do.

I put Harris in mine because it is ranking the TOP running backs. I think Harris is better than many on that list ahead of him even if he may not get as many touches.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full YPC better,

And almost a third of the number of TDs that Anderson has. A few more receptions and less than half the yards on receptions and on top of that a full ten yards less per catch on average. Even with all of that Anderson did not get any significant number of carries until almost halfway through the season and still got almost as many yards as Dobbins.

did better against high end competition

:laugh3:

Dude that is some good shit you are smoking

:markou:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And almost a third of the number of TDs that Anderson has. A few more receptions and less than half the yards on receptions and on top of that a full ten yards less per catch on average. Even with all of that Anderson did not get any significant number of carries until almost halfway through the season and still got almost as many yards as Dobbins.

:laugh3:

Dude that is some good shit you are smoking

:markou:
Almost as many yards? He was over 240 yard behind on 6 fewer carries. If he reeled off six 80 yard runs, he'd still trail Dobbins in YPC.

Both RBs faced 3 teams in the top 15 among run defenses in terms of YPC.

Dobbins: 48 carries, 386 yards, 8.04 YPC
Anderson: 50 carries, 254 yards, 5.08 YPC

Anderson had more TDs, you're right. It's what happens when you have another stud RB in the backfield and a QB each getting double digit TD carries. OU didn't have another rusher top 5 TDs.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as many yards? He was over 240 yard behind on 6 fewer carries. If he reeled off six 80 yard runs, he'd still trail Dobbins in YPC.

You forgot recieving yards... duh.

Both RBs faced 3 teams in the top 15 among run defenses in terms of YPC.

Dobbins: 48 carries, 386 yards, 8.04 YPC
Anderson: 50 carries, 254 yards, 5.08 YPC

Again you are forgetting the passing game and when Anderson can do this to a top ten defense in one half.

Add to that over 200 yards on a top Five Georgia defense.

Anderson had more TDs, you're right

Yards mean jack if you cannot put it in the end zone. Ha, with so many more TDs Anderson just ran out of yards to run because he was in the end zone too bad Dobbins can't say that.

Size, speed, power and soft hands, Anderson is just plasin better than Dobbins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot recieving yards... duh.

Again you are forgetting the passing game and when Anderson can do this to a top ten defense in one half.

Add to that over 200 yards on a top Five Georgia defense.

Yards mean jack if you cannot put it in the end zone. Ha, with so many more TDs Anderson just ran out of yards to run because he was in the end zone too bad Dobbins can't say that.

Size, speed, power and soft hands, Anderson is just plasin better than Dobbins.
Yeah, he's still nowhere close to Dobbins in total yards or yards per touch. TDs are incidental. Myles Gaskin had more TDs than Saquon Barkley. Fact remains, Dobbins is just better when he has the ball in his hands than Anderson is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dobbins gets four TD in the first half against TCU, get back to me.
When Anderson sniffs the top 10 in YPC, you let me know. Dobbins can't even see him all the way down there.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say whoever is the Wisconsin and Oklahoma running backs, but seeing they're ranked #2 and #5 respectively, never mind :heh:

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My man. Freshman AA, lesding returning rusher in his conference, best running back in the Big 12.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say whoever is the Wisconsin and Oklahoma running backs, but seeing they're ranked #2 and #5 respectively, never mind :heh:

Taylor is legit and Anderson is solid.

Anderson might not get a ton of touches though because they have Sermon and Pledger. That is some pretty solid running back depth the squats have there

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is legit and Anderson is solid.

Anderson might not get a ton of touches though because they have Sermon and Pledger. That is some pretty solid running back depth the squats have there

Thing is, Pledger won’t touch the ball much. He’s probably 4th on the depth chart behind Kennedy Brooks.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Pledger won’t touch the ball much. He’s probably 4th on the depth chart behind Kennedy Brooks.

Well that must really suck for you guys.

We have a feature guy, a short yardage guy, a change of pace guy, and two other backs who have a little wiggle.

When we get into the running back dick measuring contest the Anderson, Sermon, Brooks, Pledger versus Hill, King (he literally lives in the gym, spends his free time benching records, ESPN did a feature on this), Hubbard debate will be fun. I guess for either team its a good problem to have.