• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprised and embarrassed at the reaction of the Hoop to the SB

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes: and that wasn't pi vs detroit :L

Depends on one's perspective I suppose.

I was quite happy with that call.

And again, not in the last 20 seconds of a Super Bowl.

Detroit had lots of time to make amends.

Seattle did not...

And then they took that stupid penalty that gave the Pats 5 more yards and made the offcially dead....

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick away my hate filled friend. Just know those same fans down now that you work with will be just as bad come summer. It's but a short break from it at best.

Hate is such a stong word.

Dislike fits me much better.

And again, I can take anything they hit me with probably better than they can if I reciprocate.

Won't see me lashing out. Ever.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see how the view is. I was pulling for the Pats because I like the Pats. They are team #2. And I don't care who doesn't like having more than one team.

lol, I don't bust on people who have more than one team they pull for. It's an entertainment. My step son goes to Penn State and yet is still a UW fan. Why have to choose if you like watching both? Families move and people hold onto older teams and take on new ones. So what?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long Patriots fan, since the Sullivan's, Jim Plunkett, etc. all I can say is it's better to be hated by nearly every other teams fan base, and a lot of the media, than to not have success, all it says is jealousy. Those losses to the Giants sucked. It was an epic, great game. Seattle is a great team. All teams, mine included, have jerk fans.

Love the avi PK. Are you going to wait until the Pats recieve thier rings before updating it?:suds:

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all at one time or another been in your shoes!!!

We will be emmbarreeassed when you lose with a little dignity!!! But Because you made this stupid thread, I'm sure it will spark off a few more just because you can't handle the razzing!!!

Jaguars
Bills
Bengals
Cardinals
Falcons
Panthers
Chargers
Eagles
Vikings
Browns
Lions
Texans
Titans
All these fan bases collectively say
:wtf2:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I don't bust on people who have more than one team they pull for. It's an entertainment. My step son goes to Penn State and yet is still a UW fan. Why have to choose if you like watching both? Families move and people hold onto older teams and take on new ones. So what?

Just sayin', I had a dog in the fight.

Had it been GB and the same result, I'd be all over it too.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the avi PK. Are you going to wait until the Pats recieve thier rings before updating it?:suds:

Think so, it's a custom creation by Doobs. He's great with Photoshop. Set me up Friday with it.
Thanks

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What professional sports team is so God damn special that they can't receive they're fair share of hate. Deserved or not.

If you think your team is that special, they maybe you deserve a little more hate then most.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars
Bills
Bengals
Cardinals
Falcons
Panthers
Chargers
Eagles
Vikings
Browns
Lions
Texans
Titans
All these fan bases collectively say
:wtf2:

So your saying that these teams have not felt the heart break of one play just killing all hopes of winning a big game??? And this was just from looking at your list, I'm sure if I were to dig deeper I would find more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I tried to say I thought the game was a great game between deserved opponents with the Ali-Frazier stuff.

Apparently that got lost in the shuffle.

Somebody has to lose and my teams have lost plenty of them.

So in this case I am glad it was Seattle who lost....

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, is this for real? It's not very hard to think of reasons people would pile on after the Seahawks suffer an embarrassing loss in the Super Bowl.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually just had this conversation on another forum.

No disrespect intended, but you can't possibly be surprised at this reaction, 234. The Seahawks have reveled in being the NFL's "bad guys" for the better part of the last 3 years. From Sherman's "U Mad Bro" in Tom Brady's face, to his incessant sniping at every other CB in the league (hell... in the middle of the game he'd eventually lose, he was taking shots at Revis), to Doug Baldwin's unsolicited rant following Seattle's win over Green Bay in the NFCCG. Bruce Irvin being ejected from the game seconds before it's conclusion didn't help either. The bigger you build yourself up, the more there is to tear down. Everyone takes their shots at people/teams they don't like and the Seahawks made damn sure that unless you reside in the great northwest, that you weren't gonna like 'em. Sure, it's just showmanship, but it clearly isn't without it's downside.

As far as the fans go... well, it's not like the "12s" are some super-evolved, higher form of NFL fandom with the class, grace and empathy of Princess Diana. You're really no different than any other fanbase. Before anybody acts like they'd have been graciously tipping their hats in victory with a Seattle repeat, you'd be remiss if you forgot that just a year ago, these boards were infested by the same kinds of posts from 'Hawks fans following last year's NFCCG. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Every other fan in the league knows this.

Be happy... at least you made it to the Super Bowl. 30 other fan bases can't even say that. But the merciless pleading for mercy really isn't very becoming of anybody and will likely bring the results you see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, is this for real? It's not very hard to think of reasons people would pile on after the Seahawks suffer an embarrassing loss in the Super Bowl.

and I called it weeks ago, that the next time the Hawks lost their fans would be immediately crying about the mean posts.

Forget the fact that the SEA fans are the first to throw stones, but you push back a bit and you get BS threads like this.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, everyone takes their shots on the 'HOOP, I have seen some pot shots taken, but if you hand them out you better take em.

Seattle had the game in their hands and blew it at the end, don't feel bad, I've done that before myself, in my younger years. I recall a game of 3-ball, damn what an idiot I was.

Then back to reality, where the choices you make have consequences far down the line, sometimes you don't realize, which makes it even more frustrating.

Every day I think about choices I made that cost me in the long run, and make every attempt to learn and avoid doing that same stupid thing again.

In the end it's just a game, one that we as fans have no control over, so when things go south don't beat yourself up over it, save that for the things you do have control over, things that really matter.

Believe me, life is much easier to deal with when you focus on the things that really matter, and that you actually have some control over.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No disrespect intended, but you can't possibly be surprised at this reaction, 234. The Seahawks have reveled in being the NFL's "bad guys" for the better part of the last 3 years. From Sherman's "U Mad Bro" in Tom Brady's face, to his incessant sniping at every other CB in the league (hell... in the middle of the game he'd eventually lose, he was taking shots at Revis), to Doug Baldwin's unsolicited rant following Seattle's win over Green Bay in the NFCCG. Bruce Irvin being ejected from the game seconds before it's conclusion didn't help either. The bigger you build yourself up, the more there is to tear down. Everyone takes their shots at people/teams they don't like and the Seahawks made damn sure that unless you reside in the great northwest, that you weren't gonna like 'em. Sure, it's just showmanship, but it clearly isn't without it's downside.

As far as the fans go... well, it's not like the "12s" are some super-evolved, higher form of NFL fandom with the class, grace and empathy of Princess Diana. You're really no different than any other fanbase. Before anybody acts like they'd have been graciously tipping their hats in victory with a Seattle repeat, you'd be remiss if you forgot that just a year ago, these boards were infested by the same kinds of posts from 'Hawks fans following last year's NFCCG. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Every other fan in the league knows this.

Be happy... at least you made it to the Super Bowl. 30 other fan bases can't even say that. But the merciless pleading for mercy really isn't very becoming of anybody and will likely bring the results you see here.

BRAVO!

This guy gets it.

I remember what it was like to be the bully on the block, the Raiders owned that moniker for quite a while, and it sucks to get your comeuppance, let me just say it has been a long decade.

Fortunately times and attitudes have changed, your team fortunes will likely fare well for some time to come.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I am surprised. Surprised there haven't been many if any Pats fans on here rubbing salt in the wounds?

Yes I'm sure there are a few. Naturally they are disputing things. But no blatant dagger throwing.

I have to say that is a pretty classy move.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a whiney ass thread. I'm not really surprised by it because these types of threads/posts are typical of that fanbase.

If you paid attention, you would recognize that most teams get torn apart here. Unless your team is completely irrelevant(TB/Jax...ect), from week to week, your team will likely be targeted for some ripping. And that only increases exponentially after each week in the postseason when only a few teams remain.

Get the sand out of your vagina & take the meaningless internet postings like a big girl.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This 12 can and will take the shots because this roll by the Hawks is far from over.