• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprised and embarrassed at the reaction of the Hoop to the SB

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh you need a lifetime supply of Kleenex?

I'm not upset. I'm simply saying the hypocrisy is ridiculous. Ya'll act like you are the classiest shit on the planet and have this holier than thou attitude yet when given the opportunity you'll happily show how classless you can be yourselves.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly post in the general forum. My opinion on the deflategate thing is who cares? The Patriots crushed the Colts and I felt like everyone made too big of a deal about it.

The main point I'm trying to make here is, people call the Seahawks (and their fans) out for being classless, yet in retaliation to one of the most heartbreaking losses in NFL history, you return the favor by being classless?

If class actually matters, then just simply say good game and move on. That's what class really is.

Your preaching to the choir because I know that all to well. First in 07 being up by 4 and trying to go 19-0. First a int goes right through Asante's hands, game over but no. Then besides maybe Eli being in the grasp, there are 3 offense holding and 2 face masks on that play go uncalled and of course rest in history with Tyre helmet catch. Tough loss in last min in 2011 against Gmen and Eli to boot again. I feel for your fans

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Raiders fan, trust me, you don't.

The tuck rule doesnt sting the worst? I said a few days ago, that if Pats lose I hope its a blowout then the last 2 gut wrenching losses in final minute, have it snatched from you, hurts. I doubt any Broncos' fans from last year, feel the way Hawks fans do today.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I almost rather think I'd get blown out than lose it on the last play of the game at the 2 yard line.

You can say your team was in it until the very end and was 1 yard away from winning. The broncos were behind 2 seconds into the game and it only got worse. Your defense alone scored enough to win the game. Trust me, it is much better to have made a game of it than to get blown out completely. Most people won't make mention of a close loss a couple months out. A blowout gets mentioned A LOT.

The seahawks played a good game. It is a tough loss but a respectable one.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tuck rule doesnt sting the worst? I said a few days ago, that if Pats lose I hope its a blowout then the last 2 gut wrenching losses in final minute, have it snatched from you, hurts. I doubt any Broncos' fans from last year, feel the way Hawks fans do today.

Maybe it's just me, but it was still a hell of a game. I wouldn't be ashamed with the Seahawks play in the SB if I was a fan of theirs, just their attitudes. Maybe losing will keep them humble, Baldwin's "poopdown, the brawl after the INT and other things are pointing to an overconfidence issue. This loss should only make them work harder in the future, if they're mentally tough.

The tuck rule was pretty long ago, I've seen the Raiders get blown out plenty of times though and it isn't fun. More maddening than fun lol.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe me it was worse. For weeks it was about impossible to show your face on these boards without some Seahawks or other fan saying something like 43-8. We were ridiculed all up and down in the sports media. At least when this game is talked about they will be either talking about the play selection at the end of the game or that it was one of the best Super Bowls in recent memory. I would much much rather have a close Super Bowl and it end in heart break. At least then you feel like your team deserved to be there and that they didn't completely embarrass themselves on the biggest stage in the world.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

Really? You are surprised? At hate and jealousy coming on this site? New here are you?

Just not sure why any of us should care. There isn't anything any of these idiots can say that will take away from the year this team had, or the run they have been on. Nothing. Seattle has had the best team in football over the last 3 years and it's not even close for second place. Let them bitch and laugh all they want. Their teams still can't get close to Seattle anyway and that's where most of it comes from.

You want to be a fan of the top teams in any American sport? Hate comes with the territory. If you aren't being hated your team probably sucks.

Really though, if that last play goes a little differently and Lockette catches that ball most of these same haters have created 50 threads calling Brady a fraud, jumping on deflate gate jokes, and otherwise giving their fans the same shit. It's what most of the people up here do. They don't have teams of their own that bring them joy so they live to bring others down to their level of misery. Stop letting them bring you down and it's kind of funny to watch them all squirm and wiggle around.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You're surprised at this reaction?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me it was worse. For weeks it was about impossible to show your face on these boards without some Seahawks or other fan saying something like 43-8. We were ridiculed all up and down in the sports media. At least when this game is talked about they will be either talking about the play selection at the end of the game or that it was one of the best Super Bowls in recent memory. I would much much rather have a close Super Bowl and it end in heart break. At least then you feel like your team deserved to be there and that they didn't completely embarrass themselves on the biggest stage in the world.

Hey CD I was in Chicago back in 86 selling SB gear and saw my Pats get blown out by Da Bears. I got over that pretty quick, and still the 2007 SB is still very fresh and stings. Last night helped a bit and is good therapy. And the loss in 2011 stings too to also lose in final minutes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure there are fans of ours that feel it would have been better to be blown out, but I can't imagine they are in large numbers.

As you said, the fans can still hold their heads up high. They were part of one of the great super bowl games in history. Last second drama. Back and forth. Both teams leaving it all out on the field and both proving they belonged on that field. It really came down to a couple of inches and that's what makes football great. It wasn't the zerbras deciding it. No controversy. Just one team making one more play than the other.

Any hawks fan hanging their head low today is just living in the moment and hasn't pulled up to see they still have the best team in football over the last 3 seasons with a lot of reason to feel damned good going into next year.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You are surprised? At hate and jealousy coming on this site? New here are you?

Just not sure why any of us should care. There isn't anything any of these idiots can say that will take away from the year this team had, or the run they have been on. Nothing. Seattle has had the best team in football over the last 3 years and it's not even close for second place. Let them bitch and laugh all they want. Their teams still can't get close to Seattle anyway and that's where most of it comes from.

You want to be a fan of the top teams in any American sport? Hate comes with the territory. If you aren't being hated your team probably sucks.

Really though, if that last play goes a little differently and Lockette catches that ball most of these same haters have created 50 threads calling Brady a fraud, jumping on deflate gate jokes, and otherwise giving their fans the same shit. It's what most of the people up here do. They don't have teams of their own that bring them joy so they live to bring others down to their level of misery. Stop letting them bring you down and it's kind of funny to watch them all squirm and wiggle around.

For the most part. This is on point :10:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall ever claiming to possess any class??? :noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

Unless you started a thread bitching about all the anti-Dallas threads when there was a call that benefited them...tough shit.

:suds:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit to being a huge Seahawks disliker. It goes back a long way for a variety of reasons.

I also never really like Joe Frazier. Which is why when I read these quotes from post Thrilla in Manila used today at CNNSI by Doug Farrar I found them appropriate.

"It was like death. Closest thing to dyin' that I know of." –Ali

"Sit down, son. It's all over. No one will ever forget what you did here today." -- Eddie Futch, Joe Frazier's trainer, at the end of the fight.

"I heard somethin' once. When somebody asked a marathon runner what goes through his mind in the last mile or two, he said that you ask yourself why am I doin' this. You get so tired. It takes so much out of you mentally. It changes you.It makes you go a little insane. I was thinkin' that at the end. Why am I doin'this? What am I doin' here in against this beast of a man? It's so painful. Imust be crazy. I always bring out the best in the men I fight, but Joe Frazier,I'll tell the world right now, brings out the best in me. I'm gonna tell ya,that's one helluva man, and God bless him." -- Ali

I'm still extremely glad Seattle lost and lost the way they did though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you like they way they lost instead of being blown out which should have brought you so much more joy potential. I'd much rather be one play short that look like you don't belong. MUCH.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seattle Seahawks embarrassed themselves and their organization by starting the brawl at the end of the game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you like they way they lost instead of being blown out which should have brought you so much more joy potential. I'd much rather be one play short that look like you don't belong. MUCH.

I wanted a blowout for sure.

But since that wasn't to be, better to have unparalleled disappointment...

Still, it was a slobberknocker which is why the Thrilla in Manilla comparison is a good one.