• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprised and embarrassed at the reaction of the Hoop to the SB

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condolences on the loss, but congrats on a great season, and on making it to the SB for two consecutive years.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a blowout for sure.

But since that wasn't to be, better to have unparalleled disappointment...

Still, it was a slobberknocker which is why the Thrilla in Manilla comparison is a good one.
There may be a few that are that far disappointed now (I'm not among them), but there is no way it lingers as badly as being a team blown out. By the time mini camps start up the excitement will be sky high again. Losing that last play didn't take anything away from where this team is as a program. Not in any way. Just gives them more hunger for next year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

Congrats on a great season 234 enjoy the hate its a sign your team is at the top :suds:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be a few that are that far disappointed now (I'm not among them), but there is no way it lingers as badly as being a team blown out. By the time mini camps start up the excitement will be sky high again. Losing that last play didn't take anything away from where this team is as a program. Not in any way. Just gives them more hunger for next year.

More than a few my friend, more than a few.

You should see the long faces in my office today.

Everyone of them was counting it a victory, until not.

Like Bill Buckner letting it roll between his legs.....

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You are surprised? At hate and jealousy coming on this site? New here are you?

Just not sure why any of us should care. There isn't anything any of these idiots can say that will take away from the year this team had, or the run they have been on. Nothing. Seattle has had the best team in football over the last 3 years and it's not even close for second place. Let them bitch and laugh all they want. Their teams still can't get close to Seattle anyway and that's where most of it comes from.

You want to be a fan of the top teams in any American sport? Hate comes with the territory. If you aren't being hated your team probably sucks.

Really though, if that last play goes a little differently and Lockette catches that ball most of these same haters have created 50 threads calling Brady a fraud, jumping on deflate gate jokes, and otherwise giving their fans the same shit. It's what most of the people up here do. They don't have teams of their own that bring them joy so they live to bring others down to their level of misery. Stop letting them bring you down and it's kind of funny to watch them all squirm and wiggle around.

Yup.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is OP serious?? Look at some of your fellow "12's" and you can see exactly why the majority of the Hoop was thrilled at how the SB played out, Check out Regentdenial or whatever his name is Avatar Sig and you can see why people think your fan base is about as obnoxious as Dick Sherm and Angry Doug Baldwin. This thread lol....

And in the end who cares....you still have a great team that will probably be contending for the foreseeable future just be happy about that and take it with a grain of salt, When people laughed at the 49ers for hiring Ron Jeremy I laughed along with them because what else can I do really. Your team is brash, arrogant and generally looked at as poor sportsman so this should have been expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a few my friend, more than a few.

You should see the long faces in my office today.

Everyone of them was counting it a victory, until not.

Like Bill Buckner letting it roll between his legs.....

And every one of them will be back to 100% the same next year. Their team lost at the last second so it's fresh, but they were IN IT until the last second of the biggest game in the world against the very best team they could have faced.

Absolutely no reason to be down on the team overall. None. And they will come back to that conclusion at their own speed. Where you will once again face their taunting over 'the catch'. :lol:

Had they lost big, those taunts would have rang much more hallow.

So enjoy it for the few days you have of respite. Not going to last all that long.

:suds:

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long Patriots fan, since the Sullivan's, Jim Plunkett, etc. all I can say is it's better to be hated by nearly every other teams fan base, and a lot of the media, than to not have success, all it says is jealousy. Those losses to the Giants sucked. It was an epic, great game. Seattle is a great team. All teams, mine included, have jerk fans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar except Dez didn't drop the ball.

And it wasn't with 20 seconds or so left in the Super Bowl.

But at least we know what going to the SB felt like and had a rooting interest in it what wasn't based on hate. Again, wouldn't trade with you or your fellow cowboy fans for any amount of money. View is a lot better up here.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long Patriots fan, since the Sullivan's, Jim Plunkett, etc. all I can say is it's better to be hated by nearly every other teams fan base, and a lot of the media, than to not have success, all it says is jealousy. Those losses to the Giants sucked. It was an epic, great game. Seattle is a great team. All teams, mine included, have jerk fans.

Same thing during USC's runs . You actually enjoy the hate

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And every one of them will be back to 100% the same next year. Their team lost at the last second so it's fresh, but they were IN IT until the last second of the biggest game in the world against the very best team they could have faced.

Absolutely no reason to be down on the team overall. None. And they will come back to that conclusion at their own speed. Where you will once again face their taunting over 'the catch'. :lol:

Had they lost big, those taunts would have rang much more hallow.

So enjoy it for the few days you have of respite. Not going to last all that long.

:suds:

I'm a big boy and I wear big boy pants. I've never whined and sniveled about how folks talk about Dallas or whoever. I never call somebody a fucking asshole because he said something which I've seen here more than once or twice today. Check out my posts. NEVER.

Do I like to jab? Sure.

Can I take it in kind? You bet.

When you've watched sports as long as I have (and probably you) you do realize it's ony a game. Played for our entertainment.

But it's always fun to kick somebody who can't take it when they are down.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I've seen about 50 threads either kicking the Seattle fanbase while they're down, or talk about how classless the Seahawks are, yet look in the mirror.

There are countless threads on here celebrating the Seahawks loss, basically rubbing the loss in the face of a fanbase who before Mike Holmgren came around, never had anything to cheer for. We were 1 play away from winning the biggest game in American sports. 1 play. Put yourself in our shoes, could it have been anymore heart breaking than that?

You all should be embarrassed of yourselves. You all act like class is such an important virtue, yet I see absolutely none of it from a lot of you.

giphy.gif

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least we know what going to the SB felt like and had a rooting interest in it what wasn't based on hate. Again, wouldn't trade with you or your fellow cowboy fans for any amount of money. View is a lot better up here.

We shall see how the view is. I was pulling for the Pats because I like the Pats. They are team #2. And I don't care who doesn't like having more than one team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick away my hate filled friend. Just know those same fans down now that you work with will be just as bad come summer. It's but a short break from it at best.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for the Seahawks but they were a little classless at the end. I don't seem to remember too many brawls breaking out in past SB's.

As for people kicking the fanbase while they're down, that happens to every team. If Carroll had decided to run Marshawn Lynch then we'd all be bashing and laughing at the Patriots. I know I would be!

Oh god without a doubt. Like locusts.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have all at one time or another been in your shoes!!!

We will be emmbarreeassed when you lose with a little dignity!!! But Because you made this stupid thread, I'm sure it will spark off a few more just because you can't handle the razzing!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Game and I won a little money...whats not to like about that?
Congrats to the Pats for winning and to the Seahawks for being first runner-up