• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy with the draft.
All the more so, since the national media have all but completely ignored GB's draft.
No comments, no analysis = maybe even better than I think?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been paying too much attention to the national media, but that is pretty funny. Thanks for the heads up. I'm never really sure what to think of the media coverage of The Pack. I hope it's just that they respect The Packers so much they would hate to turn them into the Cowboys.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly didn't watch the entire draft. Many times I missed the Pack's pick. Just seemed I heard an awful lot of analysis about Indy, NE, Dallas, Cleveland, Pittsburgh & Minnesota at various, multiple times during the 3 days [often as not when those teams were not on the clock]. Not that in matters, just thought it was interesting that GB was kind of ignored.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I've always noticed that, though. Even after the rough stretch they had, there wasn't a ton of talk about their draft picks like there seems to be with a lot of teams. I don't know if the analysts have more leeway than usual, and get to pick the teams they are going to analyze the most...then just go with their personal favorites? It seems like an odd way to go, given that the Packers seem to have a pretty large nationwide following.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the reviews, seems like the four letter actually quite liked the packers draft. kiper was almost glowing.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly didn't watch the entire draft. Many times I missed the Pack's pick. Just seemed I heard an awful lot of analysis about Indy, NE, Dallas, Cleveland, Pittsburgh & Minnesota at various, multiple times during the 3 days [often as not when those teams were not on the clock]. Not that in matters, just thought it was interesting that GB was kind of ignored.

They wont be ignoring us when we win the Championship this year!

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we picked up 3 wrs and a te from the undrafted list.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urgh. Kiper?

this is also true.

but it seemed pretty universal. not a lot of attention, but people seem to like the outcome, particularly guys like worthy and manning in re to value.

do you guys notice that thompson likes to pick guys that "would have been much higher if not for some injury?" i count 3 or 4 this year plus starks, and maybe there are a few others. it seems like he definitely has a thing for reclamation projects. i like it, especially if the guys hit.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is also true.

but it seemed pretty universal. not a lot of attention, but people seem to like the outcome, particularly guys like worthy and manning in re to value.

do you guys notice that thompson likes to pick guys that "would have been much higher if not for some injury?" i count 3 or 4 this year plus starks, and maybe there are a few others. it seems like he definitely has a thing for reclamation projects. i like it, especially if the guys hit.
The other side of that coin is Justin Harrel.

Still - most of the time, TT's picks are solid or better.

NI!

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that Raji will cowboy up this year and lead the league in sacks and lead our once so so Defense to the championship game.

In true Packer fashion he will give all of the credit to the linebacking corp for creating so much pressure. BOOKMARKIT FELLAS

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that Raji will cowboy up this year and lead the league in sacks and lead our once so so Defense to the championship game.

In true Packer fashion he will give all of the credit to the linebacking corp for creating so much pressure. BOOKMARKIT FELLAS
Sounds reasonable, Lou!

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna happen guys I have a feeling he will dominate the NFL the way Fairley and Suh did college ball.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I think he could have a better season than last. I'm hoping the same thing for the whole front though.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a list of packers undrafted free agents:

Green Bay Packers

Michigan Tech DE Drew Vanderlin;
San Diego State C/T Tommie Draheim;
Minnesota TE Eric Lair;
West Virginia T Don Barclay;
USC RB Marc Tyler;
Tulane OLB Dezmon Moses;
Iowa State WR Darius Reynolds;
Vanderbuilt S Sean Richardson;
Virginia Tech G Jaymes Brooks;
New Mexico OLB Jaymar Latchison;
South Dakota State WR Dale Moss;
Minnesota RB Duane Bennett;
Wake Forest TE Cameron Ford;
Winston-Salem State RB Nicholas Cooper;
Buffalo WR Marcus Rivers;
Wisconsin-Stout OL Tyler Butzler

any of these names mean anything to you guys? i remember last year there were some very interesting names. i haven't been able to find any analysis about any of these guys yet but will keep looking...

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some local hubub regarding Dale Moss. South Dak St was pretty happy with his rapid improvement throughout the year.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothin'. It seems like they sign at least one WIAC player a year now. Good for the kid from Stout, but it's starting to look like a gimmick. I remember when they brought Beaver into camp, that RB from Whitewater. The guy was an amazing athlete, just didn't quite have the NFL size or overall speed. Nothing wrong with it though, I guess.