• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothin'. It seems like they sign at least one WIAC player a year now. Good for the kid from Stout, but it's starting to look like a gimmick. I remember when they brought Beaver into camp, that RB from Whitewater. The guy was an amazing athlete, just didn't quite have the NFL size or overall speed. Nothing wrong with it though, I guess.

In the 90s my boss was a Cowboy fan. And during that time they did the same thing of drafting unknowns and it worked out pretty well for them. Hope we can say the same.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 90s my boss was a Cowboy fan. And during that time they did the same thing of drafting unknowns and it worked out pretty well for them. Hope we can say the same.

In the 90s your boss was livin' pretty high on the hog thanks to those damn Vikings and Herschel Walker. They owned the draft for a couple years.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ve been thinking alot today about the life and death of Seau. What a loss this is to his family and for us as fans. Also wondering about the impact this has on us as fans and as parents.

I have a 12 year old son that is 6' and 250lbs already and have pushed quite a bit for him to strive for success on the field. Now i wonder about what I may be asking for.

Has my favorite game become to violent , has it always been?

Years ago when I was playing HS ball it was pretty common for me to get nose bleeds after hard hits as an offensive and defensive lineman. I always played it off as a weak blood vessel and part of the game .

Now I have to admit that I am really concerned about my sons and all the other boys out there . Am I overreacting?

any thoughts?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Lou. I was thinking, too, and that is a really hard thing we're all going to have to face.

Personally, I think it's going to be more evident at the professional level. They play a lot longer, and they build a hell of a lot more momentum. I think that this generation of aging players will determine a lot about the game. So far, the guys who actually suffer effects down the road seem to be a minority, but I don't think the old school guys played with quite as much size and speed across the board.

A big part of me wonders if the game doesn't need to change in terms of scheduling. Maybe they need to go every other week from now on, or just implement more bye weeks. I think we would all be okay with football going into March or even April. The doctors are saying that it's the lack of rest after a concussion that is causing the trouble. So more rest weeks for the guys they don't catch with the baseline tests may be significant.

I think that if you take football away from the boys, they'll just take up backyard Rugby or worse. I'm not trying to create a dismissive attitude by saying that, but I would so hate to deny them of an outlet. They're young, and they want to be physical.

Just be proactive. Test the waters with the other parents and see if you can work up the funds for to get all the kids a baseline test. Create a "culture of awareness," and remind the boys that you're trying to save the game for them when they complain.

And as fans, I think we all need to be open minded to schedule changes or changes to the game.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers make another move for financial security. Leasing land to Cabella's for a hugeass Cabella's store. Watching the news right now. It'll have a massive indoor aquarium, and a Wisconsin Sportsmen hall of fame. On site taxidermy service. I think the guy from Cabella's said it will be on of the top 3 sites by size in their whole chain.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet another reason to return to Wisconsin.

When me and my beautiful bride were married we honeymooned in Branson Mo but spent an entire day at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield.

Sure do like browsing in outdoorsman stores.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet another reason to return to Wisconsin.

When me and my beautiful bride were married we honeymooned in Branson Mo but spent an entire day at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield.

Sure do like browsing in outdoorsman stores.

I dig the aquariums. My favorite part of the Milwaukee Zoo is the big tank they have with native species. They've got some bluegill in there that I swear are about 16 inches.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig the aquariums. My favorite part of the Milwaukee Zoo is the big tank they have with native species. They've got some bluegill in there that I swear are about 16 inches.
Mall of America has a great aquarium you walk under [through] - very cool - kinda like Sea World.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers make another move for financial security. Leasing land to Cabella's for a hugeass Cabella's store. Watching the news right now. It'll have a massive indoor aquarium, and a Wisconsin Sportsmen hall of fame. On site taxidermy service. I think the guy from Cabella's said it will be on of the top 3 sites by size in their whole chain.
It'll be the "shrine" on the way to the "temple".

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall of America has a great aquarium you walk under [through] - very cool - kinda like Sea World.

Oh really. I need to get back there then. Haven't seen it, but I haven't been there since I was about 8.

It'll be the "shrine" on the way to the "temple".

LOL perfect description. :angel:

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
montee ball ticketed for trespassing during mifflin street block party. people posting signs that they dont want people on their property during the party. seriously, why the fuck do you even rent on mifflin then? the houses on that street are fuckin dumps.

its like choosing to live near an airport then complaining about plane noise.

(sorry to not post this on the badger board, but its been pretty quiet over there)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Johnny, same shit different era right? I didn't really party on the block, but we usually walked through and then went down to State Street and the bars. The raging riot of stupidity that the papers always reported wasn't even close to what I saw. Granted, we didn't hang for long. I saw worse shit happen on State Street in the middle of the summer half the time...and State Street is pretty tame.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this time of year news doesnt happen its made. Lots of mountains from molehills.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the same fuckin idiots that spill hot coffee on themselves then want to sue mcdonalds for not putting warning signs on their fuckin cups. fucking entitled and stupid. bad fuckin combination.

Buckeye

Follow the Way
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

- Vince Lombardi

Great quote johnnytata

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the same fuckin idiots that spill hot coffee on themselves then want to sue mcdonalds for not putting warning signs on their fuckin cups. fucking entitled and stupid. bad fuckin combination.

It's just strange to me. My main visits to the Madison students were football game days and the Mifflin weekend because my exams were usually done at that point. Game days are easily just as "crazy."

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

- Vince Lombardi

Great quote johnnytata

Welcome, Buckeye! What do you think of the draft choices this year?