• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get out Salmon fishing. But I hear that after they originally thought it was a balanced population, they've actually taken a huge chunk out of the Whitefish that were previously overpopulated due to the lack of Lake Trout. One of these days those lakes we get balanced out again.
Seems like man can always mess stuff up that they can't ever fix.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like man can always mess stuff up that they can't ever fix.

We'll get those damn lampreys!!! I don't know how the hell they're going to get the Ruffe... Or the invasive carp that I really believe probably went through Chicago's barrier by now.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll get those damn lampreys!!! I don't know how the hell they're going to get the Ruffe... Or the invasive carp that I really believe probably went through Chicago's barrier by now.

pray to all that is holy you dont get those asian carp. We ve gottem down here and they are taking over the rivers.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pray to all that is holy you dont get those asian carp. We ve gottem down here and they are taking over the rivers.

Far as I know, they've made their way into Wisconsin tributaries. No idea if they've gotten past the "fish barrier" in Chicago, but the Mississippi is carp heaven.

I guess the DNR contracted out to a couple of companies to take Sheephead out of Lake Winnebago. They're going to be shipped out to NY City fish markets. You can sell them to the Mong around here, they call them Drum Fish.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Pro-Bowl.

Wish McCarthy had pulled out some of these stops against the Giants.

On-side kick after first [of 2] Rodgers to Fitzgerald TDs.

Fake punt = pass for first down lead to Brees to Jennings TD.

Pretty good stuff - too bad it doesn't matter.

Oh well . . . maybe next year.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could just pick up Fitzgerald so we have both him AND Jennings.

Actually I don't think we can, I think that guy is pretty much locked into Phoenix.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as I know, they've made their way into Wisconsin tributaries. No idea if they've gotten past the "fish barrier" in Chicago, but the Mississippi is carp heaven.

I guess the DNR contracted out to a couple of companies to take Sheephead out of Lake Winnebago. They're going to be shipped out to NY City fish markets. You can sell them to the Mong around here, they call them Drum Fish.

ya we sheephead and carp here too but lake carp taste like crap. we get them from the Missouri river. Dumb question , what s a Mong

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could just pick up Fitzgerald so we have both him AND Jennings.

Actually I don't think we can, I think that guy is pretty much locked into Phoenix.
That would be great - Larry is fantastic.

But, seriously - GB proved "Offense [alone] doesn't win championships". They need to pretty much go all defense this off-season [draft and/or FA].

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya we sheephead and carp here too but lake carp taste like crap. we get them from the Missouri river. Dumb question , what s a Mong

Mong are an asian people that came over from Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia after the Vietnam War. They were basically offered asylum/citizenship because they fought on our side during Vietnam. There is a pretty big population in Wisconsin.

Anyway, like a lot of asian cultures that have maintained some of their traditions through the generations, they actually like carp-sheephead-catfish-bullhead more than typical American tastes.

I like bullhead if made right.

That would be great - Larry is fantastic.

But, seriously - GB proved "Offense [alone] doesn't win championships". They need to pretty much go all defense this off-season [draft and/or FA].

I'm still all for getting Cullen Jenkins back. I was thinking about how disappointed I was in Tramon Williams...and then I remembered that last season he really started to come on when we got Jenkins back and started seeing more pass rush.

I've always wondered what O'Brien Schofield could do in this defense, if we could pick him up from Arizona. But I don't think he even starts for them, and their defense is terrible too.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I typed Hmong wrong. It's Hmong, but you say it like mung.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I typed Hmong wrong. It's Hmong, but you say it like mung.

I see like from Gran Torino , thanks fer the education.
Also dont be afraid to eat carp, it is delicious if prepared right.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see like from Gran Torino , thanks fer the education.
Also dont be afraid to eat carp, it is delicious if prepared right.

Actually I've heard that. I was watching some documentary about those carp in Illinois waters I think it was. They actually showed a nice grill recipe on there. Sounded good.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you guys think is going to win the superbowl?

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I really dislike both teams I have to lean toward the Giants since they are at least an NFC team.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I really dislike both teams I have to lean toward the Giants since they are at least an NFC team.
Same here.

Actually gotta work Sunday PM - fine with me - TVs will be on, but I won't really follow it.

As far as I'm concerned the season ended 3 weeks ago - nothing that's happened since means anything to me. I think this is going to be one of the all-time boring SBs.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll be that boring. I mean that's what I thought the last time they met. This time waaaaiiitt...waaiiit.

Yes, it will be boring (no it won't now that I...aww damnit!)

BORING!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll be that boring. I mean that's what I thought the last time they met. This time waaaaiiitt...waaiiit.

Yes, it will be boring (no it won't now that I...aww damnit!)

BORING!
I have to admit - I thought that too last time & yes it may deserve to be considered one of the best of all time [because the Patriots lost].

I guess I'd rather see the Patriots lose again [but I hate to see the Giants win - can you see my dilema?].

Maybe the commercials will be good - 1/2 time show will likely stink, but maybe not as bad as last year [that was the worst since "Up With People" . . . look it up].

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I honestly wish they could both lose. I'm with you on that. The commercials will never beat the ones from the early/mid 90s. The marketing people were on top of their game back then.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody seen a good mock draft lately? I wish I could look at TT's draft table.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I honestly wish they could both lose. I'm with you on that. The commercials will never beat the ones from the early/mid 90s. The marketing people were on top of their game back then.

Yeah - like the Bud horses playing football - ". . . they usually go for 2".
[hate Bud - love the ads]

Anybody seen a good mock draft lately? I wish I could look at TT's draft table.
Here's hoping it's a lot of defense.