• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and 26 was worse.
Actually I KNOW this is worse than 4th an 26:

4 fumbles
8 defenders [at times] who couldn't cover 3 receivers
15 seconds of pure laziness @ end of 1st half
Aaron's worst qb rating

AT LAMBEAU

The problem as I see it was this team [& coaching staff & management] seemed to have the feeling that they were automatically in XLVI [since about week 1].

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast for me, 4th and 26 was worse. We had that game in the bag and we needed to make 1 play on 4th and 26 and we couldn't. This past game, we got beat by a team that played a better game than we did. Yeah it sucks, but we never had a lead in this game. In the 4th and 26 game we played better than they did and we couldn't make 1 damn play.

netsteeler

Warning! now your out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure.

This was a epic meltdown for the entire game on both sides of the ball.

gee, like we did in the last super bowl!

on the other hand, you could say you got beat by a much better team!

(thats what you said to us last season)

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, like we did in the last super bowl!

on the other hand, you could say you got beat by a much better team!

(thats what you said to us last season)
Actually net, the score was much closer than this one.

Aaron hit some incredibly tight windows & the defense caused turnovers in XLVI.

I never said the Giants weren't the better team [in fact they were that day], but I have focussed on what GB didn't do.

So by extension - do you feel Denver was the better team, Tebow the better quarterback?
[it should be obvious]

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL,,,ok if that makes you feel better

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL,,,ok if that makes you feel better
It doesn't make me feel any better than you probably feel about last year [and this year for that matter, gg]. Hey, what you gonna do? Only one team goes to the end in any given year & that is obviously no guarantee for the next year, no matter how much we wish otherwise.
Who knows what next year will bring? That's why we keep watching, isn't it?

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make me feel any better than you probably feel about last year [and this year for that matter, gg]. Hey, what you gonna do? Only one team goes to the end in any given year & that is obviously no guarantee for the next year, no matter how much we wish otherwise.
Who knows what next year will bring? That's why we keep watching, isn't it?

you are right about that we always watch and hope

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both games today could have been classic, only got ruined at the end by fuckin shit plays.

Urgh.

I hate that the packers season is over. I watched today thinking how the packers could have beaten any of these teams.

I hate that my last memory of the team is of sloppy, mistake prone play of a team that looked like they were 8-8.

Shit.

I'm sorry guys that i just can't get over this....

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny -

I think your signature sums it up best - they obviously were not chasing perfection against the Giants so they caught mediocrity [at best].

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may be time to retire this thread sirs. Or are we waiting for the new Superbowl champs before we finally concede?

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may be time to retire this thread sirs. Or are we waiting for the new Superbowl champs before we finally concede?

We all know that the Pack is truly the champs. NY was allowed to win so the press gets off Elis ass.:yawn:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concede nothing.

The debacle that was this post-season doesn't change what happened in XLV. There is no shame in celebratring it. [and no - I don't think we're living in the past]

All the other Packers threads I've seen have gone nowhere.
I see you have a 2012-13 thread - maybe that will be alright.

I'm proud of this little thread -
It's no OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD - PART 6 [and beyond], but it's been alright.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this has been the weirdest winter ever. Looks like the sturgeon fishermen are going to have it a little rough on Winnebago this year. I don't really see how the hell anyone could talk themselves into going out there.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this has been the weirdest winter ever. Looks like the sturgeon fishermen are going to have it a little rough on Winnebago this year. I don't really see how the hell anyone could talk themselves into going out there.
I can't believe anybody would put an ice shack on any body of water in Wisconsin, let alone drive on them this year, yet I've seen it. Was up in Sturgeon Bay and there was a shack out on the bay near the channel they bust open for the 1000' freighters - insanity!

btw - that's your best avie yet, Bucky!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks tk! I was pretty excited when I found that picture, although I have no idea where I found it now.

Big holy shit regarding that shanty on sturgeon bay. I hope it floats.....
It is almost sad to think about the sturgeon fishing being nullified this year. I know that's a pretty big time for a lot of people around here.

Do you go out on Michigan much? I feel like we've had this conversation, but I want to know again so.... :lol:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks tk! I was pretty excited when I found that picture, although I have no idea where I found it now.

Big holy shit regarding that shanty on sturgeon bay. I hope it floats.....
It is almost sad to think about the sturgeon fishing being nullified this year. I know that's a pretty big time for a lot of people around here.

Do you go out on Michigan much? I feel like we've had this conversation, but I want to know again so.... :lol:
We probably have talked about it.

I didn't go at all last year. in the previous few years though I did get out on the lake quite a few times. I don't have a boat, but a few of my friends do.

The first year I went ['07 or '08] was the best. I remember one night in early August when 3 of us got 14. We had the 15th on but lost him. At one point [for about an hour when the sun was going down we had 3 tripples in a row [we had to bungee the steering wheel off] in about 105' of water. That's enough to get you "hooked".

Unfortunately, I didn't get out last year - but it didn't seem like I missed all that much.

Maybe this summer.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get out Salmon fishing. But I hear that after they originally thought it was a balanced population, they've actually taken a huge chunk out of the Whitefish that were previously overpopulated due to the lack of Lake Trout. One of these days those lakes we get balanced out again.