• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I kind of broke my own personal ruleof cheering for a team I'd rather play against. I shan't break that rule today. I don't know why, but I feel so much more nervous about this years playoffs than I did last years.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I kind of broke my own personal ruleof cheering for a team I'd rather play against. I shan't break that rule today. I don't know why, but I feel so much more nervous about this years playoffs than I did last years.

We were the team with the chip on our shoulder, who had been playing with nothing to lose for weeks. This year it's the Giants again, and that's a little scary, because when Eli changes, the team changes with him. All of the sudden he has the drive to win, and the other guys feel it. Plus the 49ers feel a little disrespected. Then you look at the Saints and it's hard not to respect the fact that they're actually a more complete offense...and that they have a better defense...

It's going to come down to our play makers. I just hope that they get as fired up for this post season as they did for last year. We're still going to miss Nick Collins no matter what. That guy is one of or spark plugs.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 'cause last year had no expectations.

This year . . . well, we all think they should be undefeated right now [as if that really matters].

I still think they're going all the way!

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure that this team still doesn't have one huge chip on their shoulder.

1) all the drew brees love (still continuing from the "offseason workouts through to all the mvp talk) has to have rodgers burning.

2) all the dream team talk from preseason.

3) all the talk all year about how vulnerable this team is and which teams can/will beat them. i swear, i can't remember a 15-1 team that had as many holes poked in it by the "experts" as this one.

4) tebowmania overshadowing the team it seems like all year long.

5) skip bayless' wierd vendetta against rodgers (as retarded as it seems, it has caught rodgers' attention).

6) rodgers plays with a jordan-like chip on his shoulder already, and that type of chip doesn't ever go away. and it filters through the whole team.

i feel like this team feels like they have been disrespected and overlooked all year. you hear snippets of it from time to time throughout the season. rodgers is very calculated when he talks, but he was obviously miffed by all the drew brees stuff at the end of the year. he will come out throwing darts on sunday. even if the defense plays as poorly as we think it might, rodgers will lead the offense to a shit ton of points. of this i have no doubt.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here is one thing i don't get.

in discussion about the packers/giants 1.0, analysts and fans are quick to point out how much the giants will take as motivation from playing in a close loss, either as gameplanning, knowing that they can hang, etc.

well, please someone correct me if i'm wrong, but don't teams also learn a lot out from ACTUALLY WINNING close games?

i mean, am i fuckin nuts for thinking this?

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here is one thing i don't get.

in discussion about the packers/giants 1.0, analysts and fans are quick to point out how much the giants will take as motivation from playing in a close loss, either as gameplanning, knowing that they can hang, etc.

well, please someone correct me if i'm wrong, but don't teams also learn a lot out from ACTUALLY WINNING close games?

i mean, am i fuckin nuts for thinking this?

Lunacy! Absolutely! :lol:

You're right.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the replay of giants/packers from earlier this season on nfl network.

just not seeing how their d is gonna be that much better to beat the packers.

even in a close game, it was so obvious who the better team was.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, forgot that woodson missed a fair portion of that game with a concussion.

so giants fans can crow all they want about osi being back, but i wonder if the giants go down the field so easily with woodson in the game, especially when 2 or 3 of the plays targeted his replacement.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack will make "short" work of the giants on Sunday

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the giants.

i am so fuckin tired of people poking holes in this fuckin team and using nonsensical, hypocritical and frankly fuckin wrong reasoning for why the giants will beat the packers.

fuck it. if the giants win, hats off to them for beating a great fuckin team on the road.

but the chances of it are slim, and have NOTHING to do with fuckin 2007 and probably have very little to do with "momentum" from losing earlier in the season.

the team that will win will win for the reason that most teams win. they will execute their game plan for THAT game better than their opponent, and they will limit mistakes (ie. turnovers). PERIOD. END OF STORY.

all this fuckin hyperbole makes me wanna puke.

egawd sunday 430pm can't fuckin come soon enough.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the giants.

i am so fuckin tired of people poking holes in this fuckin team and using nonsensical, hypocritical and frankly fuckin wrong reasoning for why the giants will beat the packers.

fuck it. if the giants win, hats off to them for beating a great fuckin team on the road.

but the chances of it are slim, and have NOTHING to do with fuckin 2007 and probably have very little to do with "momentum" from losing earlier in the season.

the team that will win will win for the reason that most teams win. they will execute their game plan for THAT game better than their opponent, and they will limit mistakes (ie. turnovers). PERIOD. END OF STORY.

all this fuckin hyperbole makes me wanna puke.

egawd sunday 430pm can't fuckin come soon enough.

I came here just to post this. Well, probably with a few less "fuck"s.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to seeing Greg Jennings back out on that football field. He says he feels great. Let's do this.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing many "experts" keep saying about the last Pack / Giants game is: "The Packers had the ball last." What's that supposed to mean? The Giants TIED the game with 0:58 left - that was their mistake, how does that diminish GB?
On top of that, Coughlin had no choice - he had to go for 2 to tie, so if the conversion failed, he'd need time for an onside kick to try to get a field goal.
Rodgers final minute was brilliant, but no one wants to gives him credit now.
I'll be shocked if he gets MVP - the media has been back-pedaling away from him for a month.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am so fuckin pissed by media coverage this season and this week especially.

i don't really give a fuck that the packers have given coverage over to the dream team, tebow, brees, etc.

what fuckin pisses me off is when analysts just make blatant fuckin mistakes upon which they base their analysis, things that are even obvious to a football fucktard like me

ie, listening to nfl radio yesterday, where the analysts are usually on top of things, and the dude says "remember, the giants were ahead when they gave the ball back with 1:30 to play."

what the fuck? i get pissed when it seems to me like these fuckin "analysts" don't even watch the fuckin games.

urghhhhhhhhhhhhh, it just makes me so fuckin mad. if you wanna pick the giants to win, fine FUCKIN PICK THEM BUT BASE IT ON ANALYSIS THAT MAKES SENSE!

i really think i need to refrain from posting until after the game sunday or risk blowing a fuckin gasket and coming off as a supreme fuckin whiner.