• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, lol, McCarren said the same thing on the radio about Cobb on the next return. "Boy he looked he really ran angry there..." LOL

Matt Flynn is a good quarterback. To some extent he proved that ARodg has the best set of weapons ever assembled, but you still can't be a scrub. Unfortunately I don't think TT will be able to trade him because he's going to be a free agent isn't he?

let him come in a few more blowouts and put up some scores.

i mean, if kevin kolb got 60mil or so and the eagles got a 2nd round (?) pick, pretty sure the packers can do just as well.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a free agent after this year?

I would actually like to see the Packers pick up O'Brien Schofield. I don't know how he does with his other linebacker duties, but with him and Clay rushing the passer... Man we could throw in some interesting blitz packages with Woodson out there too. Hawk and Bishop do a good job of bringing the heat once in a while.

I just don't know if the Cardinals use him right. He's a madman like Clay. Send him.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a free agent after this year?

I would actually like to see the Packers pick up O'Brien Schofield. I don't know how he does with his other linebacker duties, but with him and Clay rushing the passer... Man we could throw in some interesting blitz packages with Woodson out there too. Hawk and Bishop do a good job of bringing the heat once in a while.

I just don't know if the Cardinals use him right. He's a madman like Clay. Send him.

no i think you're right. flynn is a free agent.

do they ever do sign and trades in the nfl?

also, i love o'brien. would love to see him in a packers uni. how is he doing in arizona/exile?

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade flynn to the redskins.

they love to give up picks and they need a qb.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i think you're right. flynn is a free agent.

do they ever do sign and trades in the nfl?

also, i love o'brien. would love to see him in a packers uni. how is he doing in arizona/exile?

I think it's been done, but I doubt Flynn would be dumb enough to go for that.

Schofield hasn't been incredible yet. He's kind of like Casillas. He makes plays, but he's not consistent enough to start at linebacker. The only difference is that Schofield is actually an even better athlete. He's starting to come on, but that defense is garbage. He had 6 tackles 2 weeks ago. Last week he had 2 with a sack and forced fumble on Flacco.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, not sure he's going to be a gamebreaker every week, but he seems to have the x-factor. It'll be tough to find a more impressive backup. I used to think he was a career backup but I think he can start.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks AP.

On to business. I would give the game ball to Jordy Nelson.....if it weren't for TRAMON WILLIAMS coming on strong.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with the fans in the N end zone - throwing the ball back at 27!
'Keep your stinking football!'
Very cool.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide receivers in order:

1) Jennings
2) Nelson
3) Driver
4) Cobb
5) Jones

[I'd put Jones lower if I could - just don't trust him]

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about being a . . . :postwhore:
But in fairness I did start this thread.
Thank you all for your contributions.

:focus:

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little bit annoyed this week about all the talking head feaux-pundits crushing the green bay d.

first let me say these things though:
1. it was a terrible tackling display on the blount run, they should be embarrased to watch the film today.

2. the packers d continued to give up huge chunks of yardage in the air, granted they are making big plays, but i would like to see them lock people down a little better.

3. they really need a pass rush in a bad way. leaving the db's on an island while the qb twiddles his thumbs waiting for someone to come open is not working. mike neal, you got some game time this week, but the coming weeks are really where you need to make your money. you are SORELY needed.

4. i am not the kind of person to get into the "well, if this didn't happen then ______" type of mentality, my usual thought process is, "well it did happen, it's a 60 minute game, and every play counts." so having said that...

here my gripe: i am so fucking sick and tired of the cliche'd "you have to stop the run to win" statements that are popping up all over the place this morning. and i am so sick and fucking tired of the "let's make a huge generalization out of what happened on one play or in one game" mind set. this morning, as i said, people are crushing the packers d for poor tackling against legarrete blount. and i agree, on that play, the tackling was atrocious. but lets not make it out into "the packers can't tackle" in general. and here is what i hate to do, but i am doing it anyway, if not for that one run, the packers had him under 60yards and no td's, and they actually stopped him for a few losses. 2-3 plays come to mind where they failed to tackle, but even then, they mostly held him in check. last week they held adrian peterson to under 60 yards. NOBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT THEIR TACKLING LAST WEEK. i think, without looking at the stats but just using my eyeballs, the packers have actually been pretty good against the run this year (looked it up, even after yesterday's performance, #12 in the league at just over 100ypg). and i don't recall them giving up many big runs.

so yes, they should be embarrassed by their performance on that play and a few others, but i think it's a bit overstated and generally unsupported by statistics to say that they are a poor tackling team.

i guess my problem is that people who want to make generalizations based on one data point are just fucking stupid.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny -

Excellent comments.

D - ranking is mostly [if not exclusively] based on yards allowed.
WHO CARES? THEY'RE 10-0!
[plus the the takeaways are actually quite high]
I wish TT would've kept Jenkins [Cullen is probably thinking the same thing right aboiut now], but he didn't. Neal has got to step up!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. . . AND ANOTHER THING!

So far the Pack has beaten their opponents by an average score of 35.5 to 21.2.

An average of a FOURTEEN point win - EACH AND EVERY WEEK!

The best thing about it is this team is the best in the NFL right now & they are critical of themselves & know they need to improve.
An undefeated team who recognizes they aren't perfect? I'll take that every time!