• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Favre heard us talking about him.... :L

LOL @ him trying to say Rodgers isn't as good as he was without coming right out and saying it. Newsflash, #4, even if Thompson did run you out of town, I actually agree with him after that pick you threw in the NFC championship game. Oh wait, which one do I mean? Shoulda checked your ego, dumbass, maybe you would have gotten yourself another ring.

Rodgers could go to Jacksonville and turn them into a contender. Doesn't matter that he landed on a talent laden football team. Doesn't matter that he had 3 years to develop. He is who he is...and who he is is so fucking good, your career may take a backseat to his. Just watch and keep your mouth shut.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the Favre fiasco - were was he & what did he say?

Wolf is blowing it big time - what a loser! [never won in post-season - probably never will]

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKIN CREW

WHAT THE FUCK

re: favre, i dunno, i didn't think the comments were so egregious. the guy just rambles on and on. i mean, nothing he said is so surprising, knowing how he felt about the whole situation. we know he rambles, and we know he's gonna say stupid shit. it's how he always was.

also, the guy was an intense competitor, and we loved that about him for 17 years, now it just pisses us off because he doesn't know how to fuckin turn it off, which is why he never could stay retired.

i don't hate favre as much as a lot of packers fans do. my perspective is that these guys (ie jordan, rice, favre, montana even), they never know when to hang it up. so i was never surprised about anything that happened during the course of it al, andi never really hated him for what he did, sure it was dickish to play for the vikings, but oh fuckin well. i will never forget that for every sunday for 17 fuckin years, he made it a day worth looking forward to. not much in life that can be that reliable.

i was sad the way everything unfolded a few years ago, but i also knew the time had come. and i am sure as shit glad we had rodgers waiting in the wings.

i'm not sure what packers fans want, if they want a story book ending, favre and rodgers hugging and telling each other how much they love and respect one another. might never fuckin happen. it was a big dose of reality when the packers won last year and i thought to myself, you know how awesome it would be for favre to be a part of this. but it didn't happen and no fuckin use hoping for something like that. if and when his number is retired and his name is put in the ring of honor, it will still be a bittersweet day.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To respond to johnny, I still love brett, I said that earlier. He just doesn't need to say these type of things. I could care less about a rodgers/brett make up whatnot, but I want the team and him to makeup somewhat. Forget what happend, he played 17 NFL seasons, thats what I choose to remember. When he says stuff like this it makes the wound take longer to heal for some. Once the fans forgive the team will follow and that's all I really want in the end, Brett up in the ring of honor where I'm sure A-Rod will be someday.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Johnny. I felt pretty close to the same as you did when he was playing, but I still always wished he would shut the hell up. Going out in Oshkosh, Appleton, and Green Bay you would always hear from people that he was a complete douchebag when he would go drinking with Chewy and Winters.

I guess you could be right, he may not have really been trying to slam anybody, but ya, I do wish he would keep his mouth shut. He and Rodgers don't need to be best friends. I don't care about that.

And he's not wrong, they are even more talented now. And I don't expect Favre to come out and say, "Ya, he's as good as me...." I can't even really argue with any of the points he was making, RIGHT up until the end....

here ya go tk..

[YOUTUBE]eb1Fi8bRJ0U&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I mean how was the offense not clicking? What was Rodgers doing that needed to be fixed before they won a Super Bowl? Was he not the first QB to throw for over 4,000 in each of his first 3 seasons? Come awwwn maaannn....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by the way, Marcum and Wolfe can go play for Chicago now....

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Bucky.

Not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Not sure how they [Packers & Favre] will mend fences, but they should. Until they do, I'm not so sure I care what Favre does or what he says.
As far as I'm concerned, until he can be part of a picture like we saw with the '61 team - meaning he recognizes he was part of a TEAM - he can just stay in Mississippi.

Let's not forget that the '96 defense was the best that year also.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 96 defense was intense. Such a weird season. Desmond Howard is on our team? He's actually good at something now? Wait, we're getting who? Andre Rison? Okaayy..... Actually, last season was weird too. Both ended with Super Bowl wins, LOL.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOTHERFUCKIN BREWERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooooohfuck i thought they blew it, but axeford fought back, kept it to one run, gets the side in his second inning, then nyjer and gomez fuckin finish it off!!!

and nyjer drops a couple eff-bombs on national tv.

fuckin love it.

NLCS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lay off of Farve he was a great player,I know he was an asshole but that doesn't change the fact that he was great,,,I don't think his start record will ever be broken

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gg -

If Favre had just a shred of decency, we'd not be on him so much.
Problem is - every time he opens his mouth, he finds a way to insult GB.
He abandoned us = we're done with him.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gg -

If Favre had just a shred of decency, we'd not be on him so much.
Problem is - every time he opens his mouth, he finds a way to insult GB.
He abandoned us = we're done with him.

I watched that whole mess myself I think the pack shit on him as much as he shit on them I think it was equal,no one was innocent in that mess

and they were so nice to him if he was so bad so finished why did they trade him to the JETS,I'll tell you why they were afraid of him and were hoping he would take a beating With the Jets and have to guit,,,,,

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I am not going to say anything else about it ,,,I think I made myself clear

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gg

"Watched the whole mess"?! Hey man, I LIVE HERE!
Seems you aren't as neutral as you say.

You think Farve got a raw deal - I don't. He was paid EXTREMELY well for his services.

Here's something for you to think about:
Let's change the names in this scenario.
Green Bay is changed to Pittsburgh.
Brett becomes Ben.
The Vikings become . . . wait for it . . . THE RAVENS!

How do you feel about Big Ben then?
I think if your honest about it, your formerly warm fuzzy feeling for him is greatly reduced - almost non-existant.
[I didn't even add the part about back-handed compiments / insults]
Add to that - my perspective isn't so much as a TT apologist, but as a fan of the PACKERS.

You're no different than me - in the end all that matters is your STEELERS, right?
All that matters to me is my PACKERS.
Now - I am done.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cardinals matchup so much better than Philly. I know the Cards have been hot, and they took down the most talented team in baseball, but the Phillies have the Crew's number. The Cards, we know that team, we can take em.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cardinals matchup so much better than Philly. I know the Cards have been hot, and they took down the most talented team in baseball, but the Phillies have the Crew's number. The Cards, we know that team, we can take em.
I think you're right.

BEAST MODE!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Favre the player, gg. At least most of the time. I don't know if anyone has ever had a stronger arm, or has been as wily under pressure. He was a huge part of the Packers resurgence. He should retire in Green and Gold, and the Packer fans will eventually remember the good stuff more than the bad.

But even if you take away everything else, Thompson and McCarthy made the right move. Favre had come to believe, to the detriment of the team, that everything should come down to his decision. On the field and off the field. Started with the Randy Moss thing. You don't openly criticize the GM. You're the quarterback. You have no business in the front office.

It was happening with play calling and pass selections, as well, and I think it really got on Favre's nerves that McCarthy eventually had leverage over him in the form of #12. Either run the plays, and stop making bad decisions just because you want to prove to everyone you can stick the ball where it shouldn't go....or you ride the bench. Holmgren did the same thing. Favre's best seasons happened because there were guys behind him who could play, and his coaches used that to their advantage.

And when a guy retires because the coach says, "You can either show up for ALL of camp, or you can drop to #2 on the depth chart," which is what I believe happened, that guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. Ya, maybe they ran him off. Or maybe they just laid down their expectations of a player like they do with everybody else, knowing exactly what would happen.

And then the other stuff, which is personal life and maybe not our business, but it was pretty ugly. Glad all that went down while he was a Viking, not a Packer.