• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY CHIEFS/EAGLES 6:30 PM On FOX

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was a hold, sucks but it was a hold, and all the bullshit banter about "You don't make that call in the SB", please STFU it it's a penalty you make the call
Most people also think it was a hold, but the point is to call it the entire game....not just once at the end to ruin a possible exciting finish

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to learn more about the field also and what the hell happened because it sure felt like field conditions played a role in the outcome. I don't know that it favored any one team, but it seemed both teams were slipping like crazy and I don't understand how a Super Bowl is played on a lousy field.
I’m more upset about the condition of the field than the Bradbury hold call. This is supposed to be the NFL’s biggest show. The turf shouldn’t be an issue. Additionally, when you have bad tread it’s an equalizer for the under dog on the line of scrimmage. Both teams had to play on it. At the end of the day, the Chiefs won the trenches so they dealt with it better than the Eagles did. Both teams played on that field earlier this season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people also think it was a hold, but the point is to call it the entire game....not just once at the end to ruin a possible exciting finish

That’s fair

But if you don’t you are making a big call as well

Like ignoring Malcom butlers blatant dpi against Seattle

A penalty in the first qtr is the same as the 4th

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh those tears are sweet. 1-3 in Super Bowls...Ahhh
I’m not crying though. I feel kind of bad for you. You’ve spent the better part of 3 months wishing and hoping for what finally came last night. Why? Because you’ve become conditioned to accept the fact that all you have today is the schadenfreude of mocking fans whose teams lose big games your franchise no longer plays in. Congrats on your big win. Puff that chest out today, my guy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m more upset about the condition of the field than the Bradbury hold call. This is supposed to be the NFL’s biggest show. The turf shouldn’t be an issue. Additionally, when you have bad tread it’s an equalizer for the under dog on the line of scrimmage. Both teams had to play on it. At the end of the day, the Chiefs won the trenches so they dealt with it better than the Eagles did. Both teams played on that field earlier this season.
Chiefs didnt win the trenches imo. They just didnt lose the trenches. Weirdly a spot where I think the Chiefs won was LB. What gets lost in the KC/TB Superbowl blowout is that TB had two dudes at LB that gave Travis Kelce hell all game. Chiefs LBers generally did alright against the run except for maybe one play where there were 3 missed tackles.

I do think we're going to hear a lot about the field condition for the next few weeks. I'd be shocked if it didnt come up in the Kelce podcast, for example.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The turf was abysmal

The painting on the field seemed to be an issue

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not crying though. I feel kind of bad for you. You’ve spent the better part of 3 months wishing and hoping for what finally came last night. Why? Because you’ve become conditioned to accept the fact that all you have today is the schadenfreude of mocking fans whose teams lose big games your franchise no longer plays in. Congrats on your big win. Puff that chest out today, my guy.
I have no idea what you two have been going back and forth with but your ability to break out "schadenfreude" at 9AM the day after the super bowl is impressive.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles lost because they got outplayed on the line of scrimmage and they had a huge turnover while the Chiefs protected the football. The better team won.

That being said, I don’t think the argument is that wasn’t a hold. If it is, it shouldn’t be. Bradbury even owned it in his presser after the game. The argument could be that that hadn’t been a call all game the way it had been officiated up to that point and players adjust to that over the course of the game.

I hate blaming calls when my teams lose. The Eagles are built to win the line of scrimmage and the Chiefs did that last night. The Eagles and not the Chiefs committed the poorly timed penalties, special teams breakdown (ok Butker kick a mulligan), crucial turnover.

Additionally, if you watched the Eagles much this year, that 3Q leakage had become a trend that was coming up too often. Should have been up 17 at half only up 10 and then that 3Q leakage.
Someone had to win. Two insanely talented and worthy teams, but someone had to win.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs didnt win the trenches imo. They just didnt lose the trenches. Weirdly a spot where I think the Chiefs won was LB. What gets lost in the KC/TB Superbowl blowout is that TB had two dudes at LB that gave Travis Kelce hell all game. Chiefs LBers generally did alright against the run except for maybe one play where there were 3 missed tackles.

I do think we're going to hear a lot about the field condition for the next few weeks. I'd be shocked if it didnt come up in the Kelce podcast, for example.
Not to mention how utterly banged up our o-line was when we played Tampa Bay in that Superbowl. A point that hardly anyone talks about...

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone being a Kansas St and KU fan is genuinely strange. They're actual rivals.

KC is a football town. Chiefs could go 4-13 and people would still come. STL is a baseball town. I don't think STL would fully support a garbage baseball team because baseball isn't as big as the NFL but I also don't think the Cardinals ever want to tank so it's never tested.
Well, that is my point. KC and STL are rivals as well.

A KC Congressman tried to have the Royals officially named "Missouri's Baseball Team". There is genuine animosity there.

That is why a Chiefs/Cards fan is confusing to me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad Baby GIF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention how utterly banged up our o-line was when we played Tampa Bay in that Superbowl. A point that hardly anyone talks about...
Well, yeah. Best dline in the league vs 3rd string OL out of place. Never going to end well.

I think Wylie came into this game with a chip on his shoulder. Chiefs oline heard for two weeks how great the Eagles D line was and the Chiefs oline has been playing at a 'top 3' level in the 2nd half of the season. Orlando Brown according to pff has been playing like the #3 LT since week 10. Probably going to have to pay him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which assumes the game is or was rigged, which is balderdash. Calls are missed or undeserved just because someone got away with something early does not mean they will all the time. IMO the ref saw the hold and it was obvious and made the call, it's what they are supposed to do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is my point. KC and STL are rivals as well.
Eh. Governor's Cup? Nah. Yeah, Royals fans get mad because the Cardinals have a much bigger fanbase and Rams fans got mad when Chiefs fans had the much bigger fanbase. Its kind of a rivarly I guess but not any bigger than KCK and KCMO from what I can tell.

K St and KU, though. Thats a non-starter. You can't be a college fan and a fan of their primary rival. It'd be just as silly as being a KU and Mizzou fan.
If I was a Royals and Cardinals fan that would be strange.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some calls are bad when they should have not been made. Some were not made when they should have been. Time to get over it. CALLS, good or bad, are a huge part of the game. Refs are no more perfect than players and coaches.