• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY CHIEFS/EAGLES 6:30 PM On FOX

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, it was clearly something both teams had to adjust to. I am not saying the field favored one team over the other. I just think it's insane that that happened.
I'm pretty sure it will be a media talking point this week.

Oddly, the Chiefs played better after the Eagles changed cleats, of course it's possible the Chiefs changed theirs at half in the locker room or put the swapped ones away where the cameras didn’t see them

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it will be a media talking point this week.

Oddly, the Chiefs played better after the Eagles changed cleats, of course it's possible the Chiefs changed theirs at half in the locker room or put the swapped ones away where the cameras didn’t see them

Considering the turf was a bigger issue in the first half than the second half Imo, that seems likely

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Black Adam @Clayton

Congrats on the win last night. One of the most exciting S.B.'s of all time.

That field though, what an embarrassment.

This is funny. The grass took two years to prepare for the game at a cost of $800,000. Read that this morning.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the general thought to the Chiefs deferring the coin toss? I think that was actually a mistake but maybe not a huge one. Eagles play better with a lead but Mahomes generally plays better from behind.

The Eagles got leads in the first half of most of their games and then weren't usually tested in the 2nd halves of games. They were a couple times, but their O played very well in most 1st halves and then not as well in the 2nd halves. It bit them this time

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a weak call... the 1st and only holding call of the night. So maybe the ball would have only been 6' over his head instead or 10' over his head had that not happened. There's contact at the LOS when a WR is trying to get into his route routinely.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a weak call... the 1st and only holding call of the night. So maybe the ball would have only been 6' over his head instead or 10' over his head had that not happened. There's contact at the LOS when a WR is trying to get into his route routinely.
It is legal at the line of scrimmage. It isn't there where the penalty is clear.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is legal at the line of scrimmage. It isn't there where the penalty is clear.

Holding isn't legal anywhere and they completely ignored it for > 58 minutes last night. Listen I was rooting for the Chiefs. It was just a disappointing and anti-climactic end to a great game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how you can say it was a bad call. That pic clearly shows holding on the Eagles CB.

Wait a minute, did you lose money on the game?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding isn't legal anywhere and they completely ignored it for > 58 minutes last night. Listen I was rooting for the Chiefs. It was just a disappointing and anti-climactic end to a great game.
Disrupting the route is legal, not the jersey grab. I hate the narrative that a clear penalty should no longer be a penalty because of the situation. I will agree all day that the refs should be more consistent, but it does not mean that a correct call is a bad thing.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can say it was a bad call. That pic clearly shows holding on the Eagles CB.

Wait a minute, did you lose money on the game?

I didn't bet on the game
I was rooting for the Chiefs.. but I honestly couldn't have cared less who won the damned thing.

I just wanted to see an exciting finish and the refs had already ignored holding for 58 minutes. That hold was nothing and did not impact the play. He wasn't going to get anywhere near that ball regardless.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disrupting the route is legal, not the jersey grab. I hate the narrative that a clear penalty should no longer be a penalty because of the situation. I will agree all day that the refs should be more consistent, but it does not mean that a correct call is a bad thing.
Disrupting the route is not only legal it’s taught and drilled. It has to be done within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. For a call to be “correct” it has to exist in a system of consistency. You’ll never get that with human beings and judgment calls like this one from crew to crew or game to game. However, it’s paramount that the same crew use the same standard throughout the game. Changing up the standard in the last two minutes makes the officials too involved in determining an outcome because players have already adjusted to the standard established in the game.

Again…the Eagles lost because they got out played and out coached. But calling that a “good” call is specious because it is a complete divergence from the way the rest of the game is officiated.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. Why was "that" hold called?

And here is the real question: Did that Ref call that Holding or was he told to throw the flag for holding by NY in his headset?
They ran 15 yards after the hold before that flag was thrown.

Plenty of time for NY is intercede.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bet on the game
I was rooting for the Chiefs.. but I honestly couldn't have cared less who won the damned thing.

I just wanted to see an exciting finish and the refs had already ignored holding for 58 minutes. That hold was nothing and did not impact the play. He wasn't going to get anywhere near that ball regardless.

That pic clearly shows holding.

And James Bradberry himself said he committed a penalty.

When the player commits a penalty and admits it shouldn't that be the end of things?

So the guy that got flagged admitted to his mistake yet some still think it was a bad call. That doesn't make sense.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Why was "that" hold called?

And here is the real question: Did that Ref call that Holding or was he told to throw the flag for holding by NY in his headset?
They ran 15 yards after the hold before that flag was thrown.

Plenty of time for NY is intercede.

I'd rather not go there, but I did notice that flag was tossed very late. The hold happened at the LOS and that flag didn't come until after the ball had sailed over his head in the EZ.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pic clearly shows holding.

And James Bradberry himself said he committed a penalty.

When the player commits a penalty and admits it shouldn't that be the end of things?

So the guy that got flagged admitted to his mistake yet some still think it was a bad call. That doesn't make sense.
It’s a bad call because it’s inconsistent. All you can ask of an officiating crew is a consistent standard. That wasn’t a call all game. Both teams were able to play with hands on receivers like that. Chiefs played a good amount of press all game. There was a ton of illegal contact and holding that occurred all game but it wasn’t a call. That’s what establishes this as a bad call. You can’t view a play in a vacuum without considering the conditions that were established.