• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY CHIEFS/EAGLES 6:30 PM On FOX

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a bad call because it’s inconsistent. All you can ask of an officiating crew is a consistent standard. That wasn’t a call all game. Both teams were able to play with hands on receivers like that. Chiefs played a good amount of press all game. There was a ton of illegal contact and holding that occurred all game but it wasn’t a call. That’s what establishes this as a bad call. You can’t view a play in a vacuum without considering the conditions that were established.

Gotta question for you. This is a what if.

What if that play happened the same way but it was the Eagles that had the ball. Would you still say it was a bad call?

How is this not holding?

1676303065559.png

It's clear James Bradberry grabbed the jersey.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not go there, but I did notice that flag was tossed very late. The hold happened at the LOS and that flag didn't come until after the ball had sailed over his head in the EZ.
lol, yea the NY thing is a bit tinfoil hat.

But I believe a major sandal is brewing and it will stem from a selected few people in NY who try to steer some of the biggest games to a desired outcome.

You heard it hear first.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yea the NY thing is a bit tinfoil hat.

But I believe a major sandal is brewing and it will stem from a selected few people in NY who try to steer some of the biggest games to a desired outcome.

You heard it hear first.

I just watched another replay that showed the ref and he reached for his flag immediately after he saw the hold. So it was not a late call and I'll put my tinfoil hat away for now.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's tough about a loss like that the next day is, you think about your team's roster and think, how much more could they realistically do?

In other words, you think whether it is even possible to win a ring without an elite Qb like Mahomes and an elite coach like Reid. That's the depressing part. Only a handful of teams have elite quarterbacks.

Roseman built a loaded roster around Jalen Hurts. Hurts played pretty well overall, and though a few of his throws were off he generally made wise decisions with where to put the ball. The Eagles had more talent overall. But as the game wore on, KC did a better job of adjusting, it seemed, coaching wise. The KC offense figured out some things with motion to scheme receivers open and cause defensive breakdowns, and defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon did not find a way to adjust.

Perhaps with a little more experience, coaches would be better, Hurts would be better. But...hard to realistically imagine putting together many rosters better than that one to contend for a ring.
Hurts scored 4 TDs and the team scored 35. Offense was not the issue.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is the playcaller for the Eagles earned their paycheck. Hurts was rattled big time after his fumble, he followed the next series with a wrong choice that was lucky not to be picked. He switched him to throws to the LoS and let the skill players run after the catch until he got right. Giving hurts time to reset and letting your skill players take the load for a series was brilliant.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just watched another replay that showed the ref and he reached for his flag immediately after he saw the hold. So it was not a late call and I'll put my tinfoil hat away for now.
I had checked around and i could only find that one view with the flag flying.

But I will take your word for it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta question for you. This is a what if.

What if that play happened the same way but it was the Eagles that had the ball. Would you still say it was a bad call?

How is this not holding?

View attachment 321220

It's clear James Bradberry grabbed the jersey.
Didn’t I just say that you can’t view a play in a vacuum? I made my argument and it would be the same argument if the Eagles benefitted. The issue is that this diverted from the standard that was already established.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I generally agree, but unfortunately sometimes in the NFL scoring 35 is not enough. The best offenses can score on the best defenses.

A co worker of mine was basically saying the Eagles lost when they punted on 4th and 2 at midfield in the third quarter. That's where we are at this point in the NFL. You have to call a really aggressive game on offense and try to score 7 each time or you may lose to teams like the Chiefs, no matter how good your defense seems to be on paper.

Philly was up 10 at the half and not only failed to keep KC from scoring, it did not score enough. It's tough to say when you score 35 points but it is the truth.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally agree, but unfortunately sometimes in the NFL scoring 35 is not enough. The best offenses can score on the best defenses.

A co worker of mine was basically saying the Eagles lost when they punted on 4th and 2 at midfield in the third quarter. That's where we are at this point in the NFL. You have to call a really aggressive game on offense and try to score 7 each time or you may lose to teams like the Chiefs, no matter how good your defense seems to be on paper.

Philly was up 10 at the half and not only failed to keep KC from scoring, it did not score enough. It's tough to say when you score 35 points but it is the truth.
They were on their own 30 not midfield.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Up until last night it was enough 39 times in the SB or conference championship and not enough 0 times. Credit to KC for a great offense, Eagles were supposed to have this terrific D line, and KC handled it.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a weak call... the 1st and only holding call of the night. So maybe the ball would have only been 6' over his head instead or 10' over his head had that not happened. There's contact at the LOS when a WR is trying to get into his route routinely.

Contact at the line of scrimmage is legal, assuming there isnt any holding. This play happened beyond 5 yards downfield. No matter how much you complain, the call was legitimate.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were on their own 30 not midfield.

Yeah, that is right. Was also the 4th quarter. I didn't mind the decision to punt because it seemed like the offense was not hitting on all cylinders, but the fact that it nearly got returned for a TD made it pointless to punt in the end.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contact at the line of scrimmage is legal, assuming there isnt any holding. This play happened beyond 5 yards downfield. No matter how much you complain, the call was legitimate.

It was a holding call not illegal contact nor PI. The 5 yard rule does not apply to D-holding and there was zero contact between the 2 of them more than 1 yard past the LOS anyway. The hold happened at the LOS or at most 1 yard past it. Go look at the replay.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a holding call not illegal contact nor PI. The 5 yard rule does not apply to D-holding and there was zero contact between the 2 of them more than 1 yard past the LOS anyway. The hold happened at the LOS or at most 1 yard past it. Go look at the replay.
Um..okay, I might be mistaken on where it happened, my point still stands. It was still a legitimate penalty, Bradberry has no one to blame but himself

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a bad call because it’s inconsistent. All you can ask of an officiating crew is a consistent standard. That wasn’t a call all game. Both teams were able to play with hands on receivers like that. Chiefs played a good amount of press all game. There was a ton of illegal contact and holding that occurred all game but it wasn’t a call. That’s what establishes this as a bad call. You can’t view a play in a vacuum without considering the conditions that were established.
for what it's worth you're handling it well

The call is frustrating for reasons outlined and if it were Vikings (Ha, they'd have to make it past NFCCG which they havent in my life) on the stage and moment, I'd be frustrated, not at the call, but they've been letting them play all night and suddenly, NOPE

Every team fan base has been on winning and losing side of such calls/things. It just sucks it's on biggest stage

and like you said, it's not why philly lost, but it's ok to be annoyed by the call, the two aren't mutually exclusive

But I don't think it was a conspiracy

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had KC lost you could argue going for the FG they missed was the difference as well

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for what it's worth you're handling it well

The call is frustrating for reasons outlined and if it were Vikings (Ha, they'd have to make it past NFCCG which they havent in my life) on the stage and moment, I'd be frustrated, not at the call, but they've been letting them play all night and suddenly, NOPE

Every team fan base has been on winning and losing side of such calls/things. It just sucks it's on biggest stage

and like you said, it's not why philly lost, but it's ok to be annoyed by the call, the two aren't mutually exclusive

But I don't think it was a conspiracy
Agreed. All that “script” stuff was a funny little schtick for awhile but that crap isn’t real.