• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY CHIEFS/EAGLES 6:30 PM On FOX

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored 35 points and we don’t know what they do if Bradbury doesn’t hold. They needed the pass rush and the front 7 last night.
Huge factor in the game. Loved how our o-line held up against that pass rush and kept MVPat clean...

Still, helluva game from your boys...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge factor in the game. Loved how our o-line held up against that pass rush and kept MVPat clean...

Chiefs OL was the best unit in the game for me. Rushed for over 150 and kept Mahomes clean.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a drop back QB any day. A long range quick strike guy who knows how to assault a defense with end zone bombs and pin point accuracy. Where the hell is Nick Foles?

Aside from the pathetic hail Mary and that fumble Hurts was money.

Gotta hope that last throw was injury though. Holy shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious call but people are gonna people.
The Eagles lost because they got outplayed on the line of scrimmage and they had a huge turnover while the Chiefs protected the football. The better team won.

That being said, I don’t think the argument is that wasn’t a hold. If it is, it shouldn’t be. Bradbury even owned it in his presser after the game. The argument could be that that hadn’t been a call all game the way it had been officiated up to that point and players adjust to that over the course of the game.

I hate blaming calls when my teams lose. The Eagles are built to win the line of scrimmage and the Chiefs did that last night. The Eagles and not the Chiefs committed the poorly timed penalties, special teams breakdown (ok Butker kick a mulligan), crucial turnover.

Additionally, if you watched the Eagles much this year, that 3Q leakage had become a trend that was coming up too often. Should have been up 17 at half only up 10 and then that 3Q leakage.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some Bart Scott takes, amongst other things. Nobody smart (Sorry Raider, Charger, and Bronco trolls on Twitter dot com) thought they'd miss the playoffs
sure, I could see a bold (dumb) take from an idiot or two, but most had them as a top 5 team all season

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obtw, fellas. Anyone hear from or resident board clowns RTK and Eaglesbutt? I ask this not because I want to give them a hard time for talking all that shit and disappearing like a pair of roaches when the lights come on, but simply out of a wellspring of concern for their well being...

Hopefully the two of them are ok. We here on the tHoop NFL boards enjoy their insights and banter. It'd be a shame if they went away now...:lol:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Eagles fans reaction to dropping to 1-3 in Super Bowls almost tops sex
cry baby GIF by James Wedmore
baby crying GIF
Sad Baby GIF
cry baby GIF

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's tough about a loss like that the next day is, you think about your team's roster and think, how much more could they realistically do?

In other words, you think whether it is even possible to win a ring without an elite Qb like Mahomes and an elite coach like Reid. That's the depressing part. Only a handful of teams have elite quarterbacks.

Roseman built a loaded roster around Jalen Hurts. Hurts played pretty well overall, and though a few of his throws were off he generally made wise decisions with where to put the ball. The Eagles had more talent overall. But as the game wore on, KC did a better job of adjusting, it seemed, coaching wise. The KC offense figured out some things with motion to scheme receivers open and cause defensive breakdowns, and defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon did not find a way to adjust.

Perhaps with a little more experience, coaches would be better, Hurts would be better. But...hard to realistically imagine putting together many rosters better than that one to contend for a ring.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he'd like to take back those comments about Tua being better than Mahomes right now...
Kinda wondered the same thing...or the fact that he'd be slipping on his second Superbowl ring if he wasn't so fixed on getting paid...:heh:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Mid-West fans are bandwagon or fair weather fans.
You would be amazed at how many Kansas St football fans/Kansas basketball fans there are.

Mid-West sports fans are an odd bunch. Nobody attends KC Royals games....unless they go to WS...then they come out of the woodwork. Now, they are back to having an empty stadium.
Someone being a Kansas St and KU fan is genuinely strange. They're actual rivals.

KC is a football town. Chiefs could go 4-13 and people would still come. STL is a baseball town. I don't think STL would fully support a garbage baseball team because baseball isn't as big as the NFL but I also don't think the Cardinals ever want to tank so it's never tested.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That and Mahomes coming back from the injury to still play well defined the game IMO

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles lost because they got outplayed on the line of scrimmage and they had a huge turnover while the Chiefs protected the football. The better team won.

That being said, I don’t think the argument is that wasn’t a hold. If it is, it shouldn’t be. Bradbury even owned it in his presser after the game. The argument could be that that hadn’t been a call all game the way it had been officiated up to that point and players adjust to that over the course of the game.

I hate blaming calls when my teams lose. The Eagles are built to win the line of scrimmage and the Chiefs did that last night. The Eagles and not the Chiefs committed the poorly timed penalties, special teams breakdown (ok Butker kick a mulligan), crucial turnover.

Additionally, if you watched the Eagles much this year, that 3Q leakage had become a trend that was coming up too often. Should have been up 17 at half only up 10 and then that 3Q leakage.
The big sequence was the Eagles penalty and then the Hurts fumble that Bolton picked up for a TD.

I think both offenses were built to beat the other teams defense. Not unlike Pats-Eagles a few years back except the Eagles barely lost instead of barely won.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to learn more about the field also and what the hell happened because it sure felt like field conditions played a role in the outcome. I don't know that it favored any one team, but it seemed both teams were slipping like crazy and I don't understand how a Super Bowl is played on a lousy field.