• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl LVII Talk

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the one person that can kinda win the Super Bowl by himself is Haason Reddick. He is the type of rusher I think the Chiefs oline could struggle against (freakish speed rusher).

Chiefs seem to have a ton of depth on both sides of the ball but hard to know if any of them are going to be reliable at this level. Chiefs came out of the AFC basically as the healthiest team outside of the Bills who just got their butt kicked. Eagles in theory should be able to neutralize the Chiefs 2 non-Mahomes superstars. Its going to be that depth that is going to have to get schemed up.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the one person that can kinda win the Super Bowl by himself is Haason Reddick. He is the type of rusher I think the Chiefs oline could struggle against (freakish speed rusher).

Chiefs seem to have a ton of depth on both sides of the ball but hard to know if any of them are going to be reliable at this level. Chiefs came out of the AFC basically as the healthiest team outside of the Bills who just got their butt kicked. Eagles in theory should be able to neutralize the Chiefs 2 non-Mahomes superstars. Its going to be that depth that is going to have to get schemed up.
The younguns have done a decent job overall IMHO. Definitely ready to see how all this is gonna play out...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sneaky thing about the Eagles pass rush is the quality they bring across the board. An elite pass rush has to have that guy like Reddick who is a game changer. But the reason they racked up 70 sacks is because of their quality across the front. Most Eagles sacks didn’t come with an exceptional rush from a single player. It usually involved 2-3 some times all 4 guys winning their individual battle. I’m worried about the interior of the Chiefs OL. I think they’re really good there. I think the OTs on the Chiefs OL can be had a little bit. If I’m Gannon I fool around a little bit with using Reddick as the MLB in obvious pass situations. They rush with 4 and then have Reddick delay and attack the gap left in the line of scrimmage to keep Mahomes from being able to step up and avoid where the Eagles anticipate winning on the outside.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles Dline as a whole is capable of winning the game. Much like we've seen in other Super Bowls, maybe most notably the Giants DLine beating Tom Brady.

Fletcher Cox should be fresh after another week off and 2 out of the last 5, plus a light end to the season.

Josh Sweat was hurt in early December and should be 100% now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles Dline as a whole is capable of winning the game. Much like we've seen in other Super Bowls, maybe most notably the Giants DLine beating Tom Brady.

Fletcher Cox should be fresh after another week off and 2 out of the last 5, plus a light end to the season.

Josh Sweat was hurt in early December and should be 100% now.
It's probably the strongest dline in recent memory. I do think the Chiefs oline is notably better than the one that got wrecked by the Bucs. It's also in theory better than the one against the Niners.

Orlando Brown specifically does well against power and poorly against speed. Wylie at RT is just mediocre and the only guy on the oline who isn't above average. As such, Mahomes actually steps up in the pocket a lot of times which is relatively new for him.

I think the Chiefs actually average the same yards per carry as the Eagles. I'd have to check the stats but Chiefs might have a better run d than the Eagles. I just don't know how much the stats matter. The Chiefs really struggle when both teams know it's a run play. The success the Chiefs have in running is predicated on the threat of a passing game.

There really isn't enough reliable data on the Chiefs. Reid and Spags have a large toolbox of complimentary players. I'm not sure if they can win their match ups if the Eagles are clearly the best team. If the talent level proves to be close, though, I think things swing back towards the Chiefs.

When mvps lose, it's often against elite defenses. Eagles have an elite pass rush. Not sure that translates into elite defense

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the strongest dline in recent memory. I do think the Chiefs oline is notably better than the one that got wrecked by the Bucs. It's also in theory better than the one against the Niners.

Orlando Brown specifically does well against power and poorly against speed. Wylie at RT is just mediocre and the only guy on the oline who isn't above average. As such, Mahomes actually steps up in the pocket a lot of times which is relatively new for him.

I think the Chiefs actually average the same yards per carry as the Eagles. I'd have to check the stats but Chiefs might have a better run d than the Eagles. I just don't know how much the stats matter. The Chiefs really struggle when both teams know it's a run play. The success the Chiefs have in running is predicated on the threat of a passing game.

There really isn't enough reliable data on the Chiefs. Reid and Spags have a large toolbox of complimentary players. I'm not sure if they can win their match ups if the Eagles are clearly the best team. If the talent level proves to be close, though, I think things swing back towards the Chiefs.

When mvps lose, it's often against elite defenses. Eagles have an elite pass rush. Not sure that translates into elite defense
You follow your team more closely than I do. The Chiefs beat the Eagles early in the 2021 season during the Eagles 2-5 start under Sirianni. I know the Chiefs are playing almost entirely new secondary. What’s different from that D Eagles saw back then and your D now?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the gaps between these teams that not a lot of people are talking about is the coaching advantage the Chiefs hold. You’d have to think that the bye week situation makes that gap wider.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you PFF guys, saw a stat last night.
There are 66 offensive linemen who’ve played at least 50 snaps this postseason. In Pro Football Focus’s postseason ranking of those 66 guys, Jordan Mailata is No. 1, Landon Dickerson No. 2, Lane Johnson No. 5 and Jason Kelce No. 8.

What this tells me is that the Chiefs should consider playing Chris Jones on top of RG Isaac Seamalu.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You follow your team more closely than I do. The Chiefs beat the Eagles early in the 2021 season during the Eagles 2-5 start under Sirianni. I know the Chiefs are playing almost entirely new secondary. What’s different from that D Eagles saw back then and your D now?
So the Chiefs defense was a bit of a mess when you played them in 2021. I believe the Chiefs only had 1 CB hurt (Charvarius Ward) but that meant they were starting Deandre Baker and Mike Hughes at CB. Mike Hughes is kinda meh but Deandre Baker sucks. Frank Clark wasnt playing and I think the Chiefs were trying to use Chris Jones as an Edge because they lacked edge players. Honestly, I remember the game (Devonta Smith's best game last year IIRC) and the Chiefs were lucky to only allow 30 points. The top five tacklers in that game aren't on the team anymore.

Chiefs offense went 9 for 10 on third down that game. I think its safe to say that you can just throw that game out.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the matchups last night, and I am feeling pretty positive about this game. I feel the Eagles defensive line versus the Chiefs offensive line is a key matchup for us if we have a chance to win the game, and I think we have the horses to win in the trenches.

I also don't feel like the Chiefs are as explosive in the pass game as years past, though of course Mahomes is incredible and can move his offense despite seemingly many obstacles. Mahomes is clearly better than Hurts and that is a big edge for KC. But I think Hurts has a better team around him on offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the full context changes. It’s just a lot of excuse making. If the Chiefs do well vs the Eagles or they don’t, it will have nothing to do with the Niners who are all seeking tee times today.