• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl LIII Patriots vs Rams 2-3-2019

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that the next two weeks will be long and boring without a game to watch. BUT, I think we need a place to discuss every hair on every player's body, how to cut it, comb it or remove it.

I'm so excited that I've had to change my underwear twice since Burkhead's OT TD.

I am wearing and will continue to wear the boxers I was wearing during that game and will continue until after the Super Bowl :dhd:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little baffled by how suddenly the OT rules are suddenly now unfair. Is it just because the Patriots won? They changed the rules a few years ago to make it a touchdown to win rather than a field goal. I personally think that's fine. Honestly, if the Chiefs won the toss and went down and won it with a TD I wouldn't be pissed off about the rules. It's a game of inches and the Pats capitalized on their opportunities. The Chiefs were an offsides penalty from victory. They obviously blew their golden opportunity.

Yes!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While most people would happily accept a free trip to Hawaii from their employer, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady isn't most people.

Former linebacker Brandon Spikes, who played with the Patriots from 2010-13, shared a story with Sports Illustrated's Robert Klemko after feeling like he was snubbed from the Pro Bowl team in 2012:

"I'd been playing off the charts. And I didn't get picked to go to the Pro Bowl. I was moping around, actually in tears, and a few guys were trying to lift me up, like, ‘It's gonna be alright man. We've got to worry about what's in front of us.’ Then The Pharaoh himself walks up to me—I used to call Brady The Pharoah and he hated that—Brady walks up to me and says, 'Hey B, you think I play this s--t to go to Pro Bowls? Get it together. Get your head up. We're trying to win rings. That's what it is here.' That's where I knew what kind of environment I was in, how blessed I was."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting Referees

Well after Clete Blakeman's crew lived up (or down) to expectations in the AFCCG with pass interference calls & non calls.

Super Bowl Referee John Parry Gives Rams Big Advantage Over Patriots in Super Bowl

Pretty sad that we're scouting referees now, as they've become so influential in games these days. Since the Patriots are the least penalized team you know they are doing their homework (Ernie Adams).

Anyone have any insights into John Parry's crew?

They are refs on weekends?????
RS=%5EADBZC7RzpfmiIWHv7SsSoHJ9U_b6SY-;_ylt=A2RCA9b3u0tcFzoAOBmU3uV7;_ylu=X3oDMTAyN3Vldmc1BDAD;_ylc=X3IDMgRmc3QDMARpZHgDMARvaWQDQU5kOUdjUTdFMTAyX3p3Snd6SkcyT1Z2TVZKTVlNYnpvZ3lIRUo1UWhaZkUyX1BGdGw4dGhOVFN1elBBMnFVBHADWTI5dWRtbGpkQ0JwYmlCemRISnBjR1Z6SUdObGJHd2dhVzFoWjJVLQRwb3MDMTgEc2VjA3NodwRzbGsDc2ZzdAR0dXJsAw--

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While most people would happily accept a free trip to Hawaii from their employer, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady isn't most people.

Former linebacker Brandon Spikes, who played with the Patriots from 2010-13, shared a story with Sports Illustrated's Robert Klemko after feeling like he was snubbed from the Pro Bowl team in 2012:

"I'd been playing off the charts. And I didn't get picked to go to the Pro Bowl. I was moping around, actually in tears, and a few guys were trying to lift me up, like, ‘It's gonna be alright man. We've got to worry about what's in front of us.’ Then The Pharaoh himself walks up to me—I used to call Brady The Pharoah and he hated that—Brady walks up to me and says, 'Hey B, you think I play this s--t to go to Pro Bowls? Get it together. Get your head up. We're trying to win rings. That's what it is here.' That's where I knew what kind of environment I was in, how blessed I was."

Contrast that attitude with Gurley's.....

"I'm used to going to the Super Bowl, being with my boys, hanging out," Gurley said. "But we actually get a chance to play in it this year, so it's cool, man. It's a great feeling. We're all happy. I'm happy. It's no better feeling than how we're feeling right now."

Rams' Gurley says he doesn't care about Super Bowl role

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrast that attitude with Gurley's.....

"I'm used to going to the Super Bowl, being with my boys, hanging out," Gurley said. "But we actually get a chance to play in it this year, so it's cool, man. It's a great feeling. We're all happy. I'm happy. It's no better feeling than how we're feeling right now."

Rams' Gurley says he doesn't care about Super Bowl role

What a loser mentality. Every great athlete wants the ball in thier hands. Go party your ass off this week Gurley and watch NE take another ring from the Lambs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten Observations From the Last Rams-Patriots Super Bowl

game’s final drive. As Adam Vinatieri and the Pats’ field goal team took their positions for the last-second attempt, a bewildered Madden responded how any of us would having just watched an unproven second-year quarterback march down the field in the Super Bowl: “What Tom Brady just did,” Madden said, “gives me goose bumps.”

"..... but Brady almost looks younger. The players have changed, but it’s incredible how many elements of the Patriots’ plan that day resemble the tactics they use now. In that moment, there was no way to know the dynasty that would follow. But maybe we should have.

I remember halfway through the SB 36 season. I was in a bar in Reno and told the bartender that I thought the Pats would win it all. He was excited, having a $1000 preseason SB bet on NE at 60-1. I never saw him again but I can imagine for that Patriots fan, the $60,000 was pretty cool too!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wearing and will continue to wear the boxers I was wearing during that game and will continue until after the Super Bowl :dhd:

Be honest. You were not going to change them anyway.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally...............one Ram that just couldn't get enough attention. Nickell Robey-Coleman decided that he needed to make a statement on behalf of the rams organization.

"We hate the Patriots. They're arrogant." I think he could have left off the arrogant insult and hating the pats would have been okay. I have a feeling Edelman is having tee shirts printed and Belichick is having multiple banners made for the locker room.

Coleman is a 5'8" 180 CB. He's been in the league for 6 years. His first four were with the Buffalo Bills and the last two with the Rams. He's had 6 INTs 2 TDs (one each with Bills and Saints) and 5 sacks.

Can someone explain to me why a guy who played against the Patriots 8 times and beat them once in four years is publicly insulting them? ME thinks TB12 will throw a few balls his way come Sunday.

Phillip Dorrsett is the smallest Patriot WR abd he's 5'10" and has a 32" vertical leap. If Coleman is lucky Wade Philips will have him cover Corradell Patterson to show off his defensive prowess.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickell Robey-Coleman hasn't seen this many media peoplein his entire life and decided that since so many of them wanted to be his friend, he'd give them what they are always looking for........a headline and a stupid statement. What he doesn't understand is that the media are not his friends.....

Stephen A. Smith is not impressed with Nickell Robey-Coleman — not one bit.

As you might’ve heard, Robey-Coleman recently ripped Tom Brady, saying age has “taken its toll” on the 41-year-old quarterback. Robey-Coleman attempted to walk back those comments Monday during Super Bowl LIII Opening Night, after Coah Sean McVay pulled him off the floor and had a one on one, but the damage had been done. If the Los Angeles Rams cornerback wanted to give Brady bulletin-board material before the Big Game, he certainly succeeded.

Robey-Coleman’s comments looked especially stupid considering how lucky he was to not get flagged for pass interference at the end of the NFC Championship Game against the Saints. And that lack of awareness and gratitude had Stephen A. Smith ticked off Tuesday morning.

When asked about the insulting comments, Brady took the high road and refused to comment. His refusal to be baited into making a comment lit the media fuse and they were admiring Brady's class.

the latest comments from the talking heads pretty much are saying the the Rams inexperience with the national media better not transfer to the field because they certainly did not appear to be comfortable with imense media crush at media night. As one media person from New York commented.........."The last person on earth you want to piss off before a Super Bowl Game is Tom Brady. Especially if you're playing defense against one of his wide receivers."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some very interesting things last night and early this mroning.

Johnathan Kraft was on Boston Sports Tonight and he said that a contract extension will be discussed withy Tom Brady for sure this offseason. Nothing more was said, speculation is that the Krafts are prepared to offer him a 4 year $100M deal that will allow him to play until his 45th birthday.

Johnathan Kraft said that they fully expect to sit down with Rob Gronkowski and discuss a new contract going forward. Speculation is that the Patriots will offer him a three year deal with a base of $30M plus incentives that will be reachable with $15M guaranteed and that becomes $10M if he's with the team for the preseason games.

Very interesting statistics were put on the screen last night:

In 10 Super Bowl appearance the Patriots had never scored in the first period of any until last year against the Eagles and it was a FG. I was stunned. The Patriots have never scored a TD in the first period of any Super Bowl that they've played.

Records owned by Brady
  • Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (207)
  • Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (81,431)
  • Most passing touchdowns, postseason included: 590
  • Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (71)
  • Division titles (16)
  • Playoff games started (39)
  • Playoff wins (29)
  • Playoff touchdown passes (73)
  • Playoff passing yards (10,917)
  • Super Bowl appearances (9)
  • Super Bowl wins (5)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
  • Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
  • Super Bowl passing yards (2,576)
Records in Brady’s reach
  • Most passing touchdowns: The record is held by Manning, who finished his career with 539 touchdowns. Brady became the third quarterback to reach the 500 mark when he did it in Week 4 of the 2018 season. It’ll likely take until the 2019 season, and he’ll have to fend off Drew Brees for the top spot. Brady came into the season with more touchdowns than his veteran peer, but Brees’ MVP-caliber season has pushed up to second place all-time with 520 touchdowns. Brady currently stands at 517.
  • Pro Bowls: Brady couldn’t play in the Pro Bowl last season because he was a little busy getting ready for Super Bowl LII, but he did lock up his 13th nod. In 2018, he joined Manning, Tony Gonzalez, Bruce Matthews, and Merlin Olsen, who all got to 14. To grab the record for himself, Brady needs a Pro Bowl season in 2019 too. That’s not impossible, but it’s a tall ask for a quarterback already over 40.
  • Game-winning drives: The Patriots haven’t always needed Brady to rescue them, but he’s always up to the task when the time calls for Touchdown Tom. He needs just two more to tie Manning’s 56 and three more to pass him. Brady averages about two or three a year, so he could realistically top Manning in 2018.
  • Fourth-quarter comebacks: For many of the same reasons, Brady has a good chance at topping Manning’s 45 fourth-quarterback comebacks. He’s just one behind that record and could beat it in 2018.
  • Games started: Favre’s never-ending career allowed him to start in 298 games over 20 seasons. Brady has started 267. If he stays completely healthy and doesn’t miss a game, he wouldn’t be able to get to 299 until the final game of the 2020 season, about five months after his 43rd birthday. It’s another one that isn’t impossible, but it’s definitely a stretch.
Records Brady won’t own
  • Most MVPs: Manning won the AP NFL MVP award five times during his career, but Brady has just three. So even if Brady continues to crush it for a while, this one just won’t happen.
  • Most regular season passing yards: Brady is more than 1,000 yards behind Manning, who held the record — until Brees broke it early in the 2018 season. Brady will likely never pass him. He’s had more yards than Brady in every season since 2009, so Brady would probably need to play a couple of years longer than Brees, who is about a year-and-a-half younger and similarly uninterested in hanging up the cleats any time soon.
  • Most interceptions thrown: This isn’t a good record to have, but Brady isn’t even close. He has a little more than half the 336 thrown by Favre and isn’t top 50 all time in the category. No chance.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ZackCoxNESN
17h17 hours ago

Quote of the day goes to Patriots RBs Ivan Fears. On what fullback James Develin was like during his early days on the Pats practice squad:

“He was just consistent as hell as far as knocking the shit out of people.”

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ZackCoxNESN
17h17 hours ago

Quote of the day goes to Patriots RBs Ivan Fears. On what fullback James Develin was like during his early days on the Pats practice squad:

“He was just consistent as hell as far as knocking the shit out of people.”
Opposing players are quickly learning how to avoid that fate... by taking an enima prior to game time.