• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got beat by an elite defense. NE is the better defense here. Number 1 defense in the league says it all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got beat by an elite defense. NE is the better defense here. Number 1 defense in the league says it all.
Houston was the number 1 defense and they gave up 34 points. NE is the 8th ranked defense and is ranked worse than that when you factor in their schedule

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit you're boring.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit you're boring.
I'm sure that when you are delusional facts would seem boring. It's far more fun to live in alternative reality

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that when you are delusional facts would seem boring. It's far more fun to live in alternative reality

There is nothing much exciting about this game. Atlanta is a good team, but they are not a great team. Is the parity the league wanted and now has.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction, NE stomps Atlanta a new mudhole then walks it dry....

Atlanta may become the new Buffalo, makes the dance but is really only a wall flower sitting, waiting.......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. Anything is possible but the probability and talent level is against you
I'm not sure you quite grasp what probability and talent are? I guess like your cherry picked stats you can reason anything. Probably the Pats will win this game. That's not just me saying that like so many things you present as factual. It's Vegas since week one and the majority of the adult world. Talent wise we can debate for hours. But since you think Eddelman is, meh. No real reason to debate it will save you face.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....sure buddy, you're so much better and never talk outta your ass. :L
It was meant mostly as a joke but thanks for joining in. I'm surprised you're still interested in the NFL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I get that but this is legitimately the most offensively talented team NE has faced since at least their first Super Bowl and maybe ever. I understand the coaching aspect of it but ultimately it comes down to the physical ability to stop guys from making plays.
Which the Falcons failed to do on at least 5 occassions this season. The odds of them doing that again are more probable then NE doing it.
You're also minimizing coaching. Big mistake. A coach especially in NE puts you in the best spot. All the player needs to do is their job. Ask Jamie Collins. NE has the proven track record of releasing potential super stars for the betterment of the team.
Good luck you'll need it and hopefully guys on Atlanta keep openjng their mouths.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about that in the least. I'm giving you MY reaction to that team, and what I thought BEFORE the Hawks played them, and what I though AFTER they played them.

YRMV.

Sadly I'm not being paid to spin stuff for Atlanta.

If you can hook me up, that'd be great, hell I'll spin NE if you can pay.
Whore

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which the Falcons failed to do on at least 5 occassions this season. The odds of them doing that again are more probable then NE doing it.
You're also minimizing coaching. Big mistake. A coach especially in NE puts you in the best spot. All the player needs to do is their job. Ask Jamie Collins. NE has the proven track record of releasing potential super stars for the betterment of the team.
Good luck you'll need it and hopefully guys on Atlanta keep openjng their mouths.

Aren't you kind of doing the same thing though? I mean not like Atlanta's coaching staff is a bunch of nobody's. Dan Quinn helped create one of the best modern day defenses during his time in Seattle. That defense helped carry them to 2 straight Super Bowls. Now in his 2nd season with the Falcons he has lead them to a Super Bowl. So 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls have had Dan Quinn coaching. Not sure any other coach in the league can say that.

On top of that they have an OC in Shanahan that was/is considered maybe the best candidate on the market for a potential Head Coach. He just lead an offense that historically speaking could be ranked in the top-10 of all time. He has helped lead them to maybe the most balanced offense we have seen in a very long time of being able to beat you on the ground and through the air with relative ease.

And I guess for me I am seeing quite a few Patriots fans opening their mouths as well about how great their team is. It happens. You both have great teams which is why you are in the Super Bowl. He is proud of his team just like you are yours and is seeing the good in why his team stands a chance to win their first Super Bowl. Heck I remember last year fans telling us Bronco fans to keep our mouths shut because our team would just get run out of the building by a superior Panthers team. There were analyst joking the Broncos would lose by 40 in the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you kind of doing the same thing though? I mean not like Atlanta's coaching staff is a bunch of nobody's. Dan Quinn helped create one of the best modern day defenses during his time in Seattle. That defense helped carry them to 2 straight Super Bowls. Now in his 2nd season with the Falcons he has lead them to a Super Bowl. So 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls have had Dan Quinn coaching. Not sure any other coach in the league can say that.

On top of that they have an OC in Shanahan that was/is considered maybe the best candidate on the market for a potential Head Coach. He just lead an offense that historically speaking could be ranked in the top-10 of all time. He has helped lead them to maybe the most balanced offense we have seen in a very long time of being able to beat you on the ground and through the air with relative ease.

And I guess for me I am seeing quite a few Patriots fans opening their mouths as well about how great their team is. It happens. You both have great teams which is why you are in the Super Bowl. He is proud of his team just like you are yours and is seeing the good in why his team stands a chance to win their first Super Bowl. Heck I remember last year fans telling us Bronco fans to keep our mouths shut because our team would just get run out of the building by a superior Panthers team. There were analyst joking the Broncos would lose by 40 in the game.
Quinn is a good coach but his Seattle D was created thru and by PC and John Schnieder. As a defensive minded coach he hasn't done anything yet with Atlanta. Just the opposite of the Hawk teams. As for OCs Shanahan or McDaniels puck your poison. No one is saying NE will shut down Atlanta. NE just needs a couple stops which they can do. NEs D is much better than Atlanta's going into this game. I see NE as the better team overall. Just like my friends in Vegas.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that true but Patriots fans have a lot more tangible proof to point to. The Patriots have faced many physical teams in the playoffs in recent years. Won some and lost some but rarely blown out. Even last year when Brady was beaten to a pulp by Denver they still almost tied the game in the last few seconds. Same with the Giants and same with Seattle. They've proven they have both the physical and mental toughness to hang in and win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is a good coach but his Seattle D was created thru and by PC and John Schnieder. As a defensive minded coach he hasn't done anything yet with Atlanta. Just the opposite of the Hawk teams. As for OCs Shanahan or McDaniels puck your poison. No one is saying NE will shut down Atlanta. NE just needs a couple stops which they can do. NEs D is much better than Atlanta's going into this game. I see NE as the better team overall. Just like my friends in Vegas.

It might have been created by PC and Schnieder but it hasn't played as well as it did in 2013 or 2014. Those were the 2 best years of that defense. Many of the same pieces but without Quinn they are heading on a downward trend. Heck saw it with the Broncos in yes the talent was gotten by Elway but Del Rio had the same talent pretty much as Phillips and well Phillips took the same group to a whole new level.

And I haven't said that you guys don't have the more talented team. You most likely do. That doesn't mean talent wins the game. I have no problem admitting as a Bronco fan that the Panthers probably had the more talented team of the two. They had an explosive offense, better QB, better run game, and then a defense that while not as good as the Broncos still a top-5 unit. They also had an explosive returner on special teams. Lots of things pointed in the right direction for the Panthers to win that game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with all these cue ball head white guys....? Does being in Seattle make you hair fall out?

Hasselback, Dilfer, Quinn?

Makes me want to play some pool.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have been created by PC and Schnieder but it hasn't played as well as it did in 2013 or 2014. Those were the 2 best years of that defense. Many of the same pieces but without Quinn they are heading on a downward trend. Heck saw it with the Broncos in yes the talent was gotten by Elway but Del Rio had the same talent pretty much as Phillips and well Phillips took the same group to a whole new level.

And I haven't said that you guys don't have the more talented team. You most likely do. That doesn't mean talent wins the game. I have no problem admitting as a Bronco fan that the Panthers probably had the more talented team of the two. They had an explosive offense, better QB, better run game, and then a defense that while not as good as the Broncos still a top-5 unit. They also had an explosive returner on special teams. Lots of things pointed in the right direction for the Panthers to win that game.
I could've coached the 13/14 Seattle D after their 2012 draft. Seattle has lost a handful and had some key injuries. These are also factors. I said Quinn is a good coach but he hasn't done anything with the D in Atlanta yet.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston was the number 1 defense and they gave up 34 points. NE is the 8th ranked defense and is ranked worse than that when you factor in their schedule
But still better than Atlanta, even taking into account schedule.