• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. I said nearly every time. I expect 60-70% scoring efficiency vs a team with the talent level of NE ( average ). That equates yo 34 points minimum in a 9-10 possession game. If NE can't move the ball and stay on the field then yes Atlanta will score 40+ easily because the possessions will be higher.
Watching the SB for you is going to suck. Each time NE (#1 scoring D + all the other useless stats) stops Mylanta your stomach is going to tighten, by half time it will likely be upside down. You won't be alone. All those new bandwagon fans and your team will be feeling the same way. The icing on the cake will be Matty Ice turning the ball over. You'll start sweatinglike a stuffed pig. Then it happens, vomit time. It's only made worse knowing everyone on the hoop is waiting tp pounce on you for being so condecending and cocky.
Enjoy watching the game:puke:

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not recently they aren't.
Since the steelers won in 08
Saints-not favorite
packers-not favorite
giants-not favorite
ravens-not favorite
seahawks-not favorite
pats-not favorite
broncos-not favorite
Oh yeah recent history is certainly different. By the way, the Packers were definitely favored in that game (-2.5 in Vegas, -3.0 in offshore).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think the Falcons have learned that the Steelers' "don't cover that guy" defense on Hogan won't fly, so that should slow them down a bit.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think the Falcons have learned that the Steelers' "don't cover that guy" defense on Hogan won't fly, so that should slow them down a bit.

Except it then leaves someone else open. I guess the idea is to take away Hogan's vertical game, who runs the Gronk seam routes pretty well BTW, and make Brady dink and dunk down the field. It's more or less a pick your poison kind of thing.

It all comes down to getting pressure on Brady. Without it, you're toast anyway.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the SB for you is going to suck. Each time NE (#1 scoring D + all the other useless stats) stops Mylanta your stomach is going to tighten, by half time it will likely be upside down. You won't be alone. All those new bandwagon fans and your team will be feeling the same way. The icing on the cake will be Matty Ice turning the ball over. You'll start sweatinglike a stuffed pig. Then it happens, vomit time. It's only made worse knowing everyone on the hoop is waiting tp pounce on you for being so condecending and cocky.

Yeah, cause nothing says NOT condescending and Cocky, like this post ^^^^^^

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Im just not believing in the Falcons defense as much as when they play in their own friendly confines.....We see "decent" defenses play above their heads when they get the home crowd boost, for years

Bravo Dirt........you just hit on something that no one else has thought about........Falcons won't be able to pump in crowd noise when the Patriots are on offense like they do in Atlanta. Without the 12th defensive player they have to play fair 11 on 11. For them, that's a huge disadvantage.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bravo Dirt........you just hit on something that no one else has thought about........Falcons won't be able to pump in crowd noise when the Patriots are on offense like they do in Atlanta. Without the 12th defensive player they have to play fair 11 on 11. For them, that's a huge disadvantage.

Yeah, I like a few of their players, Beasley, Jones, Neal, and that one corner...But as a Unit, Pats have seen a lot better this season....If they have one thing going for them, it is indoors on a fast surface, and most of that team is predicated on speed

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. Anything is possible but the probability and talent level is against you

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow....sure buddy, you're so much better and never talk outta your ass. :L

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. Anything is possible but the probability and talent level is against you
No dog in this fight but overall talent level between two SB teams?
I'll give you Jones but other than that, the talent level difference in professional football is miniscule come playoff time. The Pats RB's aren't chop liver. Coaching schemes, game plans and execution of those game plans will determine who wins.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in this fight but overall talent level between two SB teams?
I'll give you Jones but other than that, the talent level difference in professional football is miniscule come playoff time. The Pats RB's aren't chop liver. Coaching schemes, game plans and execution of those game plans will determine who wins.
The skill positions overall favor Atlanta by a fairly significant margin. New England has 2 adequate backs but they aren't really multidimensional like Freeman and Coleman. If you held a draft and the available players to pick were Atlantas and NE skill players 4 of the first 5 guys taken would be Falcons. Now Brady covers a lot of that up but he doesn't play defense so it'll be exciting to see

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skill positions overall favor Atlanta by a fairly significant margin. New England has 2 adequate backs but they aren't really multidimensional like Freeman and Coleman. If you held a draft and the available players to pick were Atlantas and NE skill players 4 of the first 5 guys taken would be Falcons. Now Brady covers a lot of that up but he doesn't play defense so it'll be exciting to see
Nope....coaching, game plans and execution of those game plans will determine who wins. Stats and who gets drafted first has zero to do with the outcome

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....coaching, game plans and execution of those game plans will determine who wins. Stats and who gets drafted first has zero to do with the outcome
Talent wins man. Sure you need good coaching but you know the saying " it's not the X's and O's, it's the Willie's and Joe's". In any event I'm looking forward to it

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wins man. Sure you need good coaching but you know the saying " it's not the X's and O's, it's the Willie's and Joe's". In any event I'm looking forward to it
As I said.... the talent differential is miniscule between the two teams when you factor the entire rosters and coaching staff.

You can blast your opinion another 10,000 times and it still won't be true

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing new for New England, they are always a sum of their parts......Randy Moss is about the only Super Duper star I can remember on that team

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new for New England, they are always a sum of their parts......Randy Moss is about the only Super Duper star I can remember on that team
Absolutely. I get that but this is legitimately the most offensively talented team NE has faced since at least their first Super Bowl and maybe ever. I understand the coaching aspect of it but ultimately it comes down to the physical ability to stop guys from making plays.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I get that but this is legitimately the most offensively talented team NE has faced since at least their first Super Bowl and maybe ever. I understand the coaching aspect of it but ultimately it comes down to the physical ability to stop guys from making plays.

You get me pumped up cause I really wanna see you guys win

Id say they would be second to the greatest show on turf

But the Falcons are gonna need to buck some serious trends......

Like the Pats don't lose shootouts in the postseason, they lose to teams that could pressure Brady and hold that offense down big time

Giants/Ravens/Broncos/Rex' Jets

And that's the Belichick effect....You don't see them lose games 41-38

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get me pumped up cause I really wanna see you guys win

Id say they would be second to the greatest show on turf

But the Falcons are gonna need to buck some serious trends......

Like the Pats don't lose shootouts in the postseason, they lose to teams that could pressure Brady and hold that offense down big time

Giants/Ravens/Broncos/Rex' Jets

And that's the Belichick effect....You don't see them lose games 41-38
Atlanta will get pressure. That's the one defensive aspect I'm not worried about BUT the pressure has to get home or they're toasted. That said they have no other choice. Can't sit back. We saw how that worked last week