• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE has a very good offense. It's just not on the level of Atlanta. And I've never once said Atlanta has a good defense. They don't. This game will ultimately be decided by whichever offense capitalizes better on their opportunities. I've also never said it was going to be a blowout or even that Atlanta would win. I'm still trying to figure out my pick. My only defonotive statement regarding Atlanta is that they're going to LIGHT UP NE defense. And they will

It's not on Atlanta's level?

Since Brady returned the Patriots avg game score was 30.0 regular season, and 30.7 reg/post combined.

Atlanta was 32.3 regular season, a difference of a safety, and 33.4 reg/post a difference of less than a field goal.

They're basically the same.

cue but, but, schedule retort in 3, 2, ...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well wishy washy statements are no fun lol. If I said " there's a 75% chance Atlanta scores 34+ and 25% chance they score 24-34" that would be boring my man
Or you can just label it as a prediction.

It's obviously not crazy to think that the Falcons are going to score 34 points. They are the best offense in the game. It's just crazy to think it's a guarantee they'll score 34 points and the Pats defense has no chance. So don't be surprised when you are called out on that fact.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE has a very good offense. It's just not on the level of Atlanta. And I've never once said Atlanta has a good defense. They don't. This game will ultimately be decided by whichever offense capitalizes better on their opportunities. I've also never said it was going to be a blowout or even that Atlanta would win. I'm still trying to figure out my pick. My only defonotive statement regarding Atlanta is that they're going to LIGHT UP NE defense. And they will

For just one minute, can you please remove the Falcon eyewear?

Basically, over the past several days you've continually repeated that the Falcons will "Light Up" the New England defense. Why is it that you so intently believe that the NE defense is so vulnerable?? I know you believe it, but what statistics or evidence can you produce that the Falcons are so superior to every other team that the Patriots have faced? Secondly, the Falcons coaching staff has repeatedly stated that "we are what we are. we won't change anything that's worked." Bill Belichick and Matt Patricia will set up the defense to play against the Falcons who will do what they do every week. That defense will not allow the Falcons to score on every possession. The Patriots will let the Falcons play all they want from 30 to 30 but once they get to the 30, everything changes. Every patriot opponent has found nothing but frustration inside the 30 yard line because the defense changes so dramatically. The Falcons will have limited space to work and the Patriots exploit that better than any defense in the NFL. Hence a 15.6 points average against.

You just might see "Lights Out" for the Falcons offense.......

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the idea that the Falcons offense is on a different level than New England's. I know you will tell me that I didn't watch the Falcons so I don't know, and that's fine. No need to rehash that.

Pats are NOT chopped liver. On either side of the ball.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not on Atlanta's level?

Since Brady returned the Patriots avg game score was 30.0 regular season, and 30.7 reg/post combined.

Atlanta was 32.3 regular season, a difference of a safety, and 33.4 reg/post a difference of less than a field goal.

They're basically the same.

cue but, but, schedule retort in 3, 2, ...

No Julio but the sum of the NE parts is formidable. Just as multifaceted.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.

New England has a very good offense and a good defense. It'll be a great game and i actually picked NE to beat Atlanta in THE SB 35-34 before the playoffs . My comment was about people thinking NE was going to stop Atlanta from scoring. They can't. That's not conceit, it's reality. They aren't good enough to do so

Never said that. I said nearly every time. I expect 60-70% scoring efficiency vs a team with the talent level of NE ( average ). That equates yo 34 points minimum in a 9-10 possession game. If NE can't move the ball and stay on the field then yes Atlanta will score 40+ easily because the possessions will be higher.

So 40% to 30% of the time NE will stop Atlanta. Got it.

#alternativeNFLboasts

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically, over the past several days you've continually repeated that the Falcons will "Light Up" the New England defense. Why is it that you so intently believe that the NE defense is so vulnerable?? I know you believe it, but what statistics or evidence can you produce that the Falcons are so superior to every other team that the Patriots have faced? Secondly, the Falcons coaching staff has repeatedly stated that "we are what we are. we won't change anything that's worked." Bill Belichick and Matt Patricia will set up the defense to play against the Falcons who will do what they do every week. That defense will not allow the Falcons to score on every possession. The Patriots will let the Falcons play all they want from 30 to 30 but once they get to the 30, everything changes. Every patriot opponent has found nothing but frustration inside the 30 yard line because the defense changes so dramatically. The Falcons will have limited space to work and the Patriots exploit that better than any defense in the NFL. Hence a 15.6 points average against.

Coaching is great BK. However ultimately the players need to play. You guys have a good secondary nm however you have no one that's capable of covering JJ in single coverage. That leaves you with 2 options. Go single anyway and take your medicine or double. If you double ( as I think you will ) that leaves your other guys exposed vs the Falcons other weapons. Gabriel is a home run hitter so he will clear out the other safety leaving the middle open for Sanu, Hooper, Robinson, Hardy, Coleman, Freeman etc. There's no possible way to account for everyone because the dearth of talent is far more than any other team you've played. It just is. If you drop 8 and rush 3 Atlanta will rush for 250 yards and you still won't stop the pass because you can't give a QB 6 seconds to throw the ball. I'm dead serious when I tell you that the only way to stop Atlanta is to get pressure with the DL and for how well NE has played this year on D they are not a good pass rushing team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots do not utilize a "pass rush". They collapse the pocket and allow most QBs 4-5 seconds to get rid of the ball. The idea is to make the QB throw off his back foot which reduces the velocity of the pass. Most passes must be short or they don't make it to the receivers. If the Patriots get a sack, it's not by design. It's a breakdown of the offensive line. If Ryan decides to leave the pockets he best be ready to take a shot because this Patriots' defense is not slow.

You really don't know anything at all about the Patriots' defense.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To this point, if the Falcons just do what's on tape, they are history.

I have to believe the Falcons know this and will add some wrinkles. But again, if they go the Mike Tomlin route, it's going to be ugly.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching is great BK. However ultimately the players need to play. You guys have a good secondary nm however you have no one that's capable of covering JJ in single coverage. That leaves you with 2 options. Go single anyway and take your medicine or double. If you double ( as I think you will ) that leaves your other guys exposed vs the Falcons other weapons. Gabriel is a home run hitter so he will clear out the other safety leaving the middle open for Sanu, Hooper, Robinson, Hardy, Coleman, Freeman etc. There's no possible way to account for everyone because the dearth of talent is far more than any other team you've played. It just is. If you drop 8 and rush 3 Atlanta will rush for 250 yards and you still won't stop the pass because you can't give a QB 6 seconds to throw the ball. I'm dead serious when I tell you that the only way to stop Atlanta is to get pressure with the DL and for how well NE has played this year on D they are not a good pass rushing team.

Dearth is not an abundance, it is a shortfall.....

finally you are admitting things.....

And the only way to stop Brady is to do similarly.

And no way you accomplish that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots do not utilize a "pass rush". They collapse the pocket and allow most QBs 4-5 seconds to get rid of the ball. The idea is to make the QB throw off his back foot which reduces the velocity of the pass. Most passes must be short or they don't make it to the receivers. If the Patriots get a sack, it's not by design. It's a breakdown of the offensive line. If Ryan decides to leave the pockets he best be ready to take a shot because this Patriots' defense is not slow.

You really don't know anything at all about the Patriots' defense.
Then they'll get lit up. That was easy

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dearth is not an abundance, it is a shortfall.....

finally you are admitting things.....

And the only way to stop Brady is to do similarly.

And no way you accomplish that.
LOL. My bad. Was looking for wealth. Good catch

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So have you guys finally agreed on who is winning the Super Bowl?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 34-23. So we're close. I'm thinking 4 TDs, 2 FGs for Pats and 2 TDs and 3 FGs for Falcons.

Although I love Rmilia's enthusiasm, and I do hope he is right

I think what we saw of the Falcons offense, a lot of TD drives, will be turned into FG or punt drives, because BB is just that damn good

And Im just not believing in the Falcons defense as much as when they play in their own friendly confines.....We see "decent" defenses play above their heads when they get the home crowd boost, for years

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some prop bets on Bovada start to come out. I kinda like Dion Lewis at +1200 to be the first TD.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me that with every new game people think this is the team that's going to stop Atlanta. This will be a great game imo but the NE D has NO CHANCE to stop Atlantas offense. Elite offenses, historically elite, can only be stopped by ELITE defenses. New England has a good defense maybe even very good but that is irrelevant. They can't stop Atlanta. If New England wins it will be because they score 35-38+. If they don't crack 30 they lose. Period.
T14KvUw.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some prop bets on Bovada start to come out. I kinda like Dion Lewis at +1200 to be the first TD.

Yeah, that's pretty nice...Especially since Lewis was a non factor last week...Typical Pats to make him the focal point of the offense