• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 51: Patriots -3 Over ATL

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wins man. Sure you need good coaching but you know the saying " it's not the X's and O's, it's the Willie's and Joe's". In any event I'm looking forward to it

And BB has proven that statement wrong for two decades now. But hey, keep telling yourself that.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get me pumped up cause I really wanna see you guys win

Id say they would be second to the greatest show on turf

But the Falcons are gonna need to buck some serious trends......

Like the Pats don't lose shootouts in the postseason, they lose to teams that could pressure Brady and hold that offense down big time

Giants/Ravens/Broncos/Rex' Jets

And that's the Belichick effect....You don't see them lose games 41-38

I agree. The Texans had that type of D but their offense was so pathetic it didn't matter.

I don't think Atlanta has that type of D.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Atlanta has that type of D.

I didn't think so either, based on the regular season game vs the Hawks. But they've improved a LOT since then. Not to say that they WILL win the game, but don't be surprised if you're surprised by how

fast
violent

they are.

Quinn has done a good job putting together some good young pieces for that D.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BB has proven that statement wrong for two decades now. But hey, keep telling yourself that.
Well I guess you'll just have to find out

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are fast but inexperienced. If they play a lot of zone, expect the Pats receivers to run crossing patterns in an attempt to find zone gaps.

From what I understand, they don't disguise their blitz and when they do blitz, they play man. Brady is going to eat them up at the line of scrimmage.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think so either, based on the regular season game vs the Hawks. But they've improved a LOT since then. Not to say that they WILL win the game, but don't be surprised if you're surprised by how

fast
violent

they are.

Quinn has done a good job putting together some good young pieces for that D.

Supposedly the Steelers were vastly improved too. 30+ sacks since their transformation etc etc etc. It didn't happen.

Yeah it's certainly possible but as others have said, if you can't get Brady to sweat, it's generally a bad sign.

Coverage sacks do count though. If the secondary can keep Edelman and Hogan and Lewis from doing their thing. that will work too.

If I was Quinn I would focus on Edelman. He's their little engine that can.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the Steelers were vastly improved too. 30+ sacks since their transformation etc etc etc. It didn't happen.

Yeah it's certainly possible but as others have said, if you can't get Brady to sweat, it's generally a bad sign.

Coverage sacks do count though. If the secondary can keep Edelman and Hogan and Lewis from doing their thing. that will work too.

If I was Quinn I would focus on Edelman. He's their little engine that can.

Steelers are a VERY different animal. The Falcons are VERRRRY young. And, you know, fast.

Brady will get his, just... LIKE I SAY, don't be surprised if the Falcons D plays better than you think.

That's a very physical team on both sides of the ball.

Seattle wasn't intimidated PHYSICALLY by NE, and I don't think the Falcons will be either. Does that mean they'll win? Of course not. Being VERY careful not to say that.

Just pointing out that the Falcons are better than most NE fans are giving them credit for.

That youth may hurt them with double moves etc, and it may work well for them. We'll see.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are a VERY different animal. The Falcons are VERRRRY young. And, you know, fast.

Brady will get his, just... LIKE I SAY, don't be surprised if the Falcons D plays better than you think.

That's a very physical team on both sides of the ball.

Seattle wasn't intimidated PHYSICALLY by NE, and I don't think the Falcons will be either. Does that mean they'll win? Of course not. Being VERY careful not to say that.

Just pointing out that the Falcons are better than most NE fans are giving them credit for.

That youth may hurt them with double moves etc, and it may work well for them. We'll see.

You may be right but I think we are in the marketing spin zone too. A lot of hype of each teams right now to build up the interest. I'm not saying the Falcons are bad but they don't seem like the type of defense that gives Brady and Patriots "REAL" fits. That doesn't mean it they are bad, just the particular type that really give the Pats real issues,

Did anyone read the human interest article on Bellichick and his association with the Naval Academy?

Almost brought a tear to my eye... ;)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right but I think we are in the marketing spin zone too. A lot of hype of each teams right now to build up the interest. I'm not saying the Falcons are bad but they don't seem like the type of defense that gives Brady and Patriots "REAL" fits. That doesn't mean it they are bad, just the particular type that really give the Pats real issues,

Did anyone read the human interest article on Bellichick and his association with the Naval Academy?

Almost brought a tear to my eye... ;)

I'm not worried about that in the least. I'm giving you MY reaction to that team, and what I thought BEFORE the Hawks played them, and what I though AFTER they played them.

YRMV.

Sadly I'm not being paid to spin stuff for Atlanta.

If you can hook me up, that'd be great, hell I'll spin NE if you can pay.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I get that but this is legitimately the most offensively talented team NE has faced since at least their first Super Bowl and maybe ever. I understand the coaching aspect of it but ultimately it comes down to the physical ability to stop guys from making plays.

Defense wins championships. You don't stop the pats. You don't win. The pats can slow down a elite offense. KC slowed you down.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about that in the least. I'm giving you MY reaction to that team, and what I thought BEFORE the Hawks played them, and what I though AFTER they played them.

YRMV.

Sadly I'm not being paid to spin stuff for Atlanta.

If you can hook me up, that'd be great, hell I'll spin NE if you can pay.

You were a west coast team going to Atlanta. You can thank not playing a little better against Arizona for you not being in the NFCCG.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get me pumped up cause I really wanna see you guys win

Id say they would be second to the greatest show on turf

But the Falcons are gonna need to buck some serious trends......

Like the Pats don't lose shootouts in the postseason, they lose to teams that could pressure Brady and hold that offense down big time

Giants/Ravens/Broncos/Rex' Jets

And that's the Belichick effect....You don't see them lose games 41-38

They are better than the 2011 saints?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins championships. You don't stop the pats. You don't win. The pats can slow down a elite offense. KC slowed you down.
Atlanta scored 6 of thec10 possessions vs KC and inexplicably went for it on a 4th and goal in the 3rd quarter. KC didn't stop shit. There are 2 teams all year who slowed Atlanta down and none in the last 8 games

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC did slow Atlanta down. It was low scoring at half. KC controlled that game before Atlanta rallied late and the kick got blocked.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2013 broncos looked like world beaters too.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a west coast team going to Atlanta. You can thank not playing a little better against Arizona for you not being in the NFCCG.

We'd have had a much better chance at home obviously. But like I said earlier, that team DOMINATED Seattle physically on both sides of the ball. <shrug>

They out-Seahawked the Seahawks.

I've got no dog in the fight, probably cheering for ATL because I liked the Bartkowski/William Andrews Hawks back in the day, but it's not like I'll be sad if NE wins another.