• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns to re-sign Brandon Knight

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported to be a 5 year 70 million deal, which will be a steal a year from now with the raise in the salary cap. Having him and Bledsoe locked up for the next 4 and 5 years respectively while they are both under 25 heading into their prime is solid.

The Bledsoe trade rumors were made up, so it appears we're sticking with this backcourt along with Booker off the bench to add some more shooting.

It's also reported that we are pursuing Love and Aldridge (which would require the Twins getting shipped off most likely) Don't think LMA is realistic but Love would be a great fit alongside Len and help spread the floor for Bledsoe and Knight.

I just hope the Twins are gone soon. Suns To Re-sign Brandon Knight | Hoops Rumors

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of the deal doesn't make sense if they are planning on trying to sign a big name FA.

As for the Morris twins, I don't see a trade in which they get fair value for them, possible. And they also can't trade them till other PF options are in the fold.

I understand getting a Knight deal done early & avoiding a similar situation like they had with Bledsoe last offseason, but they did so at the cost of cap flexibility.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!

That's below max.

The Bucks went into the toilet after trading this kid.

Good luck in Free Agency.

I don't think you have a realistic shot at Love nor Aldridge.

To much competition. But, things change in this league in a hurry. Remember when some of us said the same about Love to the Cavs?

Maybe Tobias Harris?

I think he will go to the highest bidder.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of the deal doesn't make sense if they are planning on trying to sign a big name FA.

As for the Morris twins, I don't see a trade in which they get fair value for them, possible. And they also can't trade them till other PF options are in the fold.

I understand getting a Knight deal done early & avoiding a similar situation like they had with Bledsoe last offseason, but they did so at the cost of cap flexibility.

Bledsoe's situation held us back last year in free agency, getting it taken care of now is huge. We apparently want to do a sign and trade with a team (CLE, POR) for one of those two with the Twins likely being involved. If either team likes the Twins and gets a couple picks back it could lead to a bigger contract being handed out to Love or LMA if they agree to sign here. Don't think either is very likely, but it's nice to know we have that situation taken care of early in the process.

I would rather target Millsap personally instead of putting all of our eggs in the LMA/Love basket, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!

That's below max.

The Bucks went into the toilet after trading this kid.

Good luck in Free Agency.

I don't think you have a realistic shot at Love nor Aldridge.

To much competition. But, things change in this league in a hurry. Remember when some of us said the same about Love to the Cavs?

Maybe Tobias Harris?

I think he will go to the highest bidder.

Yeah, I'd rather target someone like Millsap, Draymond Green or Carroll instead of going all in and missing out on Love/LMA. I just really want the twins gone and some defense/size added to the front court. I like Warren at SF a lot and love the backcourt. We just need another presence inside.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if LA leaves Portland it would be for a mount rushmore franchise like the Lakers or an immediate championship caliber team like the Spurs

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Aldridge is strongly considering the Mavs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Booker earns a starting spot at some point next season tho.. "Book" it!