• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

suh trade talk..............

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get too crazy, as this is one of those off the wall predictions made by one of the ESPN guys (Greg Garber?).

He predicted 4 trades that would make sense -- all guys in the last year of their contract. All of them really over the top.

He had Suh being traded for Darqeze Dennard and 2nd round pick to Cincy.

It gave me a good laugh, as Dennard was one of the guys I wanted the Lions to get instead of that other guy they drafted.

If the Lions are 99.9% sure they can't re-sign Suh after this year -- Would they be upset if they traded him, even at 5-2 and a defense playing as well as anyone right now?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to trade for him if he does not have a contract. They are stupid if they do, because he has leverage once again.

Get his ass to sign for other teams contract and then say nope sorry can't trade him.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I'd take that trade right now.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do what we can to keep him as long as it is reasonable. The only way I would want to see him gone is if there was some way to get rid of the dead money. I don't know if there is.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead is dead OL. Only way I believe to lower the bit is restructure type. Still going to pay whether next year or down the road. That is why the restructure deals hurt in future.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead is dead OL. Only way I believe to lower the bit is restructure type. Still going to pay whether next year or down the road. That is why the restructure deals hurt in future.

Exactly. We pay Suh $19 if his $22 mil if we trade him, which isn't a big deal because its not like we need that money for high profile free agents during the middle of the season

As for me, I still am giving the organization the benefit of the doubt. At the draft, I felt they passed on Donald because they felt Suh would resign. Im not an insider or anything, but I feel like as a front office, during negotiations, talking with Suh you should be able to at least get a realistic probability on his likelyhood of remaining a Lion.

If the Lions passed on Aaron Donald, to draft a TE when we already had a bazillion $ invested on offense, and they didn't think Suh would re-up, that would piss me off. And if they traded him, in my eyes, they would only be admitting that mistake, so while I might be happy we got compensation for Suh, I would still be saying "fuckin Mayhew"

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions passed on Aaron Donald, to draft a TE when we already had a bazillion $ invested on offense, and they didn't think Suh would re-up, that would piss me off. And if they traded him, in my eyes, they would only be admitting that mistake, so while I might be happy we got compensation for Suh, I would still be saying "fuckin Mayhew"

Unfortunately -- the Lions don't draft for need, so I'm guessing the reason they drafted Ebron is they had him highest on their draft board.

I'm crossing my fingers that Devin Funchess is on the board in 2015 when we draft. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mayhew shot down any idea of trading Suh. He told the media they have no plan to trade Suh or make any type of deadline deal.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Cinncy makes that trade unless they have a contract guarantee ready to be signed, and my guess Suh wants to test FA.

With that being said I would jump on Dennard and a second for Suh. Gives the DBs depth and allows the Lions to replace Suh next draft. Between Fairley and Jones the defense should still be ok. If Van Noy can be an effective pass rusher it would help replace the sacks we would loose with Suh leaving.

That would give the Lions cash to resign Fairley and find some more help in free agency.