• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suddenly we have a real fast offense

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Alex Smith is the reason Crabtree sucks. Interesting. I thought it was because he refused to remove his dirty diapers on game days.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So now Alex Smith is the reason Crabtree sucks. Interesting.

So you don't think Crabtree wouldn't be able to put up better numbers had he been playing for the Giants per se?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1.) "Lobsterbush" - ONE:
[YOUTUBE]nfNUD-T7ol4&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]

2.) "Lobsterbush" - TWO (fast foward to 1:05):

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most improved units: NFC
After the draft and free agency, these contenders seem vastly improved
Originally Published: May 3, 2012
By Gary Horton | Scouts Inc.

Morris Claiborne should greatly improve the Dallas Cowboys' secondary.

With the NFL draft and the better portion of free agency behind us, most teams have made their biggest moves to improve their rosters for the 2012 season. Looking at the additions so far, I see several key units that have been improved this offseason. On Friday, I'll examine those units in the AFC, but for now, let's start with the Dallas Cowboys and the NFC.

Dallas Cowboys
Unit: Secondary

This was a bad unit in 2011, with few big plays versus good passing games. It recorded only 15 interceptions, and a lot of offenses really attacked Dallas successfully on the edges of the defense.

The Cowboys started their rebuilding project in free agency, adding SS Brodney Pool from the New York Jets and excellent cover corner Brandon Carr from the Kansas City Chiefs. That led them to their dramatic first-round move in the draft, trading up from No. 14 to No. 6 to grab CB Morris Claiborne, the most talented CB in the draft. That addition allows defensive coordinator Rob Ryan to use all of his exotic blitz packages, because he now has two players on the back end of this defense who can turn and run with receivers on an island -- something that the Cowboys have been unable to do for a long time.

Philadelphia Eagles
Unit: Front seven

In 2011, this defense really struggled up front as it slowly adjusted to its new wide-nine defensive scheme out of its former 4-3 front, but it did play better late in the season. The biggest problem was a young group of linebackers who just couldn't play with any consistency. The coaches tried every combination of players available, but nothing seemed to work. The Eagles finally upgraded the linebacker corps by making a dramatic trade, adding MLB DeMeco Ryans from Houston this offseason. He will be the stabilizing force of this defense and a tremendous upgrade.

With Ryans aboard, the Eagles concentrated on defense early in the draft and added impact players in the first two rounds in DT Fletcher Cox (No. 12), MLB/OLB Mychal Kendricks (No. 46) and DE Vinny Curry (No. 59). That trio will add athletic interior depth, which the Eagles love. It will also solidify a run defense that has been soft inside because the Eagles' linebackers line up so wide in their new scheme. Finally, they will add to Philadelphia's pass rush production, which is already good. This will be a much-improved defense in 2011.

San Francisco 49ers
Unit: Passing game

The 49ers not only love their defensive personnel, they also love the way they create turnovers and big, explosive plays on that side of the ball. They now want those same dynamics on offense.

In free agency, they added veteran WRs Mario Manningham and Randy Moss, a tandem that will hopefully give them more big plays outside and stretch the field. At the very least, those additions provide improved depth to this evolving passing game.

The Niners also added two explosive players in the draft in the first two rounds: WR A.J. Jenkins and RB LaMichael James. Both guys have speed and are tough matchups for defenders. James should really help in the passing game as an outlet receiver, something that this offense badly needs, as the Niners rarely threw to their backs a year ago.

We know the San Francisco running game will be fine, but with all these new weapons and a creative offensive coaching staff, this passing game should improve dramatically with QB Alex Smith.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) "Lobsterbush" - ONE:
[YOUTUBE]nfNUD-T7ol4&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]

2.) "Lobsterbush" - TWO (fast foward to 1:05):

These are pretty fucking sad. It's like TJ Whosyourmomma highlights. All I see is SLOWNESS and tackles less than 10 yards after the catch. Zero game breaking speed. It is like a highlight reel for a possession receiver. Crabs runs so heavy, like he is holding a turd in his pants.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In other irrational Smith dislike threads I have mentioned this before.

WR is a position where you should see an occasional spark even in really bad situations. Look at Calvin Johnson's college QBs.

Crabtree is now 42 games into his career. He has rarely shown bright.

But he was a hyped top 10 pick and I had hopes too but today using him to piss on Alex Smith is weak-sauce at best.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1.) Vernon Davis
2.) Rob Gronkowski
3.) Jimmy Williams
4.) Jason Whitten
5.) Jermichael Finley
6.) Aaron Hernendez
7.) Jermaine Gresham
8.) Brandon Pettigrew
9.) Tony Gonzalez
10.) Antonio Gates / Dallas Clark / Jared Cook / Brent Celek / Owen Daniels / Zach Miller / Greg Olsen

The CB Jimmy Williams or the safety Jimmy Williams?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In other irrational Smith dislike threads I have mentioned this before.

WR is a position where you should see an occasional spark even in really bad situations. Look at Calvin Johnson's college QBs.

Crabtree is now 42 games into his career. He has rarely shown bright.

But he was a hyped top 10 pick and I had hopes too but today using him to piss on Alex Smith is weak-sauce at best.

What the hell does college experience (stats) have to do with his production in the pros!? You're clueless man! First and foremost, it is absurd to compare Michael to Calvin. Crabtree was a hyped top 10 for you and only you! Crabtree is 42 games in his career playing with the same "very limited" QB who was once benched for Shaun Hill. Since you want to play a clueless game, I'll go along and help you make a better comparison instead of bringing collled QBs to this situation. In regard to your game, a better comparison would be to compare Johnson's 1st year in the league playing with an Alex Smith type like QB in which his posted 48 catches for 756 yards and 4 TDs. In comparison to Crabtree's 1st year in which he posted 48 catches for 625 and 2 TDs. Please be advised that Johnson played in 15 games and Crabtree sat out due to contract issues - only played 11 games that year. Thus, Crabtree has a better NFL rookie year than Johnson. With all that said a non-football minded person such as my mother and yourself would be quick to say that Crabtree is a better receiver than Johnson. It is mind boggling you wouldd bring college stats / predicaments into this conversation.

In case you still do not understand what I am showing you here is that, the QB plays a significant role (that is the independent variable) into any receiver's success in the NFL. For you to overlook that means that you are extremely shallow. Anyone who thinks that Crabtree is a bum of a receiver and wouldn't start in most NFL rosters...is CLUELESS! BAR NONE!!

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not trying to get into your argument, but even I was confused by your last post and what point you are trying to make. Maybe it's because there's a lot of emotion in your post so following the logic/reason is tougher.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vomit of a post.

Athlete dependent positions are of course somewhat evaluated on college performance.

You should stand out sometimes even if you have pathetic help. Calvin's QB career comp% was 48%

Not gonna argue the fact that Crabtree was a well regarded draft prospect.

Who said Crabtree was garbage? He is OK.

And gross stats comparison is retarded.

Better QB play always helps but it doesn't create the moments of greatness the best have more than others.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vomit of a post.

When you say vomit, are you referring to the post statement above? Please explain what Calvin's and Michael's college QBs have to do with their situation in the pros today?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not trying to get into your argument, but even I was confused by your last post and what point you are trying to make. Maybe it's because there's a lot of emotion in your post so following the logic/reason is tougher.

My rebuttal to his post was mainly in reference to him saying Crabtree has shown absolutely nothing in 42 career NFL games. He made that comment without taking into account the extraneous variables (his QB).

Let me see if you can solve this paradox: People think Jimmy Clausen's rookie season was atrocious. I disagree, because Clausen did not have a descent receiver to throw to. His best receiver only had 46 catches for 554 yards and a measly 2 tds. That's PROOF that that particular receiver is a bum and was a shell of himself.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My rebuttal to his post was mainly in reference to him saying Crabtree has shown absolutely nothing in 42 career NFL games. He made that comment without taking into account the extraneous variables (his QB).

Are you stupid or blind?
What I said about Crabtree He has rarely shown bright.

How in the hell is that shown absolutely nothing

Stop crapping up the conversation with BS.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me you don't wanna get caught up in this Bingo. You're arguing with a guy that has his head so far up Alex's ass he's lost track of reality. Throwing crap at monkies in a zoo is a better waste of your time.