• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suddenly we have a real fast offense

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you stupid or blind?
What I said about Crabtree He has rarely shown bright.

How in the hell is that shown absolutely nothing

Stop crapping up the conversation with BS.

"WR is a position where you should see an occasional spark even in really bad situations. Look at Calvin Johnson's college QBs".

Is this the reason why you're avoiding the question I had asked pertaining to the above comment?

Crabtree is now 42 games into his career. He has rarely shown bright.
Let's compare Crabtree's numbers to the of the wideouts from his draft class:
DHB: 41career games; 99 Total Receptions; 1,465yds; 6 TDs
Maclin: 44career games; 189 reception; 2,596yds; 19TDs
P. Harvin: 45career games; 218 Total Receptions; 2,625yds; 17 TDs
H. Nicks: 42career games; 202 receptions; 3,034yds; 24TDs
K. Britt: 31career games; 101 Total receptions; 1,765yds; 15 TDs
Robiskie: 31career games; 39 Total receptions; 441yds, 3 TDs
Massaquoi: 45 career games, 101 receptions; 1,491yds, 4 TDs
M. Wallace:48 career games; 171 recs; 3,206yds; 24 TDs
J. Knox: 45 career games; 133 Ttl receptions; 2,214yds; 12 TDs
Lobsterbush:42career games; 175 Total recs; 2,240yds; 12 TDs

By the look of things, in terms of overall production, Lobsterbush is on par with the best players from his class. The biggest variable one can see from the #s above, is that receivers with probowl caliber QBs (BigBen, Cutler; Eli, Vick) are at a greater advantage. With the exception of Britt, it appears as if the only reason why Lobsterbush doesn't have "occasional spark" (whatever that means) is because of his QB. Put Massaquoi in Detroit and you'll see how good he plays. Put Crabtree in NY you'll see how good he plays. Put Nicks in SF, you'll see how his yearly #s would resemble Crabtree's.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trust me you don't wanna get caught up in this Bingo. You're arguing with a guy that has his head so far up Alex's ass he's lost track of reality. Throwing crap at monkies in a zoo is a better waste of your time.

Thanks for the heads up, Clyde. Now it makes sense. Had I gotten this message prior to posting my previous post, I wouldn't wasted 15mins of my life trying to reason with him.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock raved about the San Francisco 49ers draft class in a recent appearance on the Rich Eisen Podcast.

Firepower for the 49ers offense was how Mayock described San Francisco’s additions of Illinois wide receiver A.J. Jenkins and Oregon running back LaMichael James in the first and second rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft.

“What they’re trying to do is inject firepower into their offense, and that is really smart because they’re winning games the hard way right now,” Mayock said. “They’re winning games by playing great defense and not turning the ball over on offense, and playing field position. They were the best team in the league at turnover differential. When that turnover differential changes up, your margin of error goes way down.

“You need somebody who can gulp big yards. I felt like the three most exciting scat-back, slot receiver-type guys were LaMichael James, Isaiah Pead and Chris Rainey… LaMichael James in San Francisco, along with A.J. Jenkins, provides a completely different dimension.”

The 49ers totaled 57 plays that went for 20-or-more yards in 2011, 41 came on receiving plays while 16 were on rushing plays. Both Jenkins and James figure to help the team increase those totals in 2012.

49ers.com | Mayock Applauds 49ers Top Picks

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock raved about the San Francisco 49ers draft class in a recent appearance on the Rich Eisen Podcast.

Firepower for the 49ers offense was how Mayock described San Francisco’s additions of Illinois wide receiver A.J. Jenkins and Oregon running back LaMichael James in the first and second rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft.

“What they’re trying to do is inject firepower into their offense, and that is really smart because they’re winning games the hard way right now,” Mayock said. “They’re winning games by playing great defense and not turning the ball over on offense, and playing field position. They were the best team in the league at turnover differential. When that turnover differential changes up, your margin of error goes way down.

“You need somebody who can gulp big yards. I felt like the three most exciting scat-back, slot receiver-type guys were LaMichael James, Isaiah Pead and Chris Rainey… LaMichael James in San Francisco, along with A.J. Jenkins, provides a completely different dimension.”

The 49ers totaled 57 plays that went for 20-or-more yards in 2011, 41 came on receiving plays while 16 were on rushing plays. Both Jenkins and James figure to help the team increase those totals in 2012.

49ers.com | Mayock Applauds 49ers Top Picks

yep, from the 30th spot Baalke can only do so much. looks like we have more chances for big plays on offense? it might not be immediate from these two guys game 1, but it should start to show this season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WR is a position where you should see an occasional spark even in really bad situations. Look at Calvin Johnson's college QBs".

Is this the reason why you're avoiding the question I had asked pertaining to the above comment?

By the look of things, in terms of overall production, Lobsterbush is on par with the best players from his class. The biggest variable one can see from the #s above, is that receivers with probowl caliber QBs (BigBen, Cutler; Eli, Vick) are at a greater advantage. With the exception of Britt, it appears as if the only reason why Lobsterbush doesn't have "occasional spark" (whatever that means) is because of his QB. Put Massaquoi in Detroit and you'll see how good he plays. Put Crabtree in NY you'll see how good he plays. Put Nicks in SF, you'll see how his yearly #s would resemble Crabtree's.

Only guy amongst those listed that Lobsterbush is on par with is Knox. Knox blows him away on yards per reception. Crabs is close to Maclin but falls short on TDs. Harvin has him beat on all three which is impressive considering the QBs he has played with the last two seasons.

Wallace and Nicks both have about 1000 more yards and twice as many TDs.
Britt has comparable numbers but he's play 11 less games!

Basically Crabs has DHB to thank for not being labeled the biggest underachiever.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Basically Crabs has DHB to thank for not being labeled the biggest underachiever.

Don't be too sure of that. DHB is starting to come along pretty well, and he's in a much crappier offense than Crabby is.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too sure of that. DHB is starting to come along pretty well, and he's in a much crappier offense than Crabby is.

I read this as: "...and he is in a much crabbier offense..."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only guy amongst those listed that Lobsterbush is on par with is Knox. Knox blows him away on yards per reception. Crabs is close to Maclin but falls short on TDs. Harvin has him beat on all three which is impressive considering the QBs he has played with the last two seasons.

Wallace and Nicks both have about 1000 more yards and twice as many TDs.
Britt has comparable numbers but he's play 11 less games!

Again, the QB is the reason why, Ray. Jay Cutler is much better than Alex Smith. YPC to me says 1.) The receiver must have great speed and 2.) The quarterback must have an accurate gun as his throwing arm. Alex Smith wouldn't be able to compliment Knox's skill set if Knox came to SF. Crabtree, would excel too in that offense if he were traded to the Bears. You're completly ignoring the purpose of why I posted those stats - to look at the underlying issue here (QB as the common denominator to a WR's success).

It's mind boggling Ray, that you would make such a "lame excuse" for Percy Harvin, but you are not willing to grant Lobsterbush the same consideration under the same exact circumstances. Harvin should have similar or better numbers than Nicks IMO. That's so hypocrite of you man!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're interchangeable. :(

That is just funny as hell! I think if Crabtree breaks out this year just once I want to hear Buck say to Aikman: "Is it just me Troy, or has the 49ers offense become alot Crabbier this year?"

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the QB is the reason why, Ray. Jay Cutler is much better than Alex Smith. YPC to me says 1.) The receiver must have great speed and 2.) The quarterback must have an accurate gun as his throwing arm. Alex Smith wouldn't be able to compliment Knox's skill set if Knox came to SF. Crabtree, would excel too in that offense if he were traded to the Bears. You're completly ignoring the purpose of why I posted those stats - to look at the underlying issue here (QB as the common denominator to a WR's success).

It's mind boggling Ray, that you would make such a "lame excuse" for Percy Harvin, but you are not willing to grant Lobsterbush the same consideration under the same exact circumstances. Harvin should have similar or better numbers than Nicks IMO. That's so hypocrite of you man!

Knox ran a god damn 4.29 forty so don't waste my time telling me a different QB is gonna shed 20 pounds of turd off Crabtree.

A rookie QB and the Corpse of McNabb and Favre ain't fucking comparable to Alex Smith. Get a clue. Lame excuse my ass, it is a fucking compliment I paid to Harvin. He's put up better numbers than the great Lobsterbush with inferior QB play. Favre threw 8 more INTs than TDs and had a sub 70 QB rating in 2010. Alex Smith hasn't been anywhere near that bad since 2007, 2 years before Crabs was even a 49er.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yep, from the 30th spot Baalke can only do so much. looks like we have more chances for big plays on offense? it might not be immediate from these two guys game 1, but it should start to show this season.

You always talk about this, but it's BS. Unless the only round that matters is the first round. In a draft where 250-odd players will be drafted, we are guaranteed the opportunity at a top 30 player. If picking 30th means we can only do so much, does that mean any player drafted after day 1 is pointless?

I don't expect you to actually address this, just as you didn't last time. Just as you still won't address the "sub-par" draft BS you've been spewing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when corey webster can shut u down no qb will help your game...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I keep telling people that Victor Cruz is not a great # 2 receiver in the league but they insist they've seen enough of him to claim that he can even be a solid # 1 receiver in the league. The guy is nothing more than a fantastic slot receiver IMO playing with a great QB.

Nicks wants to help Randle
12:49PM ET
New York Giants

The New York Giants selected wide receiver Rueben Randle in the second round with plans of quickly inserting him as the starter opposite Hakeem Nicks, while Victor Cruz roams the slot. Nicks said he was excited to play with Randle and prepared to help the rookie learn the ropes, according to ESPNNewYork.com's Matt Ehalt.

"I'm looking forward to helping him with anything, as far as off the field or on the field," Hakeem Nicks said Monday. "I've been in that situation before. It's something I know he'll be excited about and eager to learn the offense and I'm ready to teach him."

Nicks averaged a career-best 16.8 yards per catch and totaled 790 yards and six scores as a rookie in 2009. Obviously, the Giants would be thrilled if Randle matched that production in his first campaign.

- Tom Carpenter​