• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suddenly we have a real fast offense

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For our team and especially the Offensive side of the ball and the ST we have needed to not only improve our overall speed but the amount of explosive plays in all areas of the field. I hope that we are headed in the right direction with the explosive plays; 20 yards or longer but also increasing the scoring considerably TDs from any distance on the field and many less FG attempts for our kicker!! Go 49ers!!:evil::bowl:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford only had Megatron. He had a lousy OL and a non-existent running game.

I think Pettigrew is a weapon in his own right. He lost Best to injury but before they had ahomerun threat that the D had to honor. Not to mention, saying he "only" had Megatron is like saying Hefner "only" bangs Playboy bunnies.

Noodle arm Shaun Hill did pretty well with largely the same crew last year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk did not play with Moss. Brady doesn't have a probowl RB and 8 1st round offensive linemen.

You shouldn't compare Panthers offense to ours. It makes you sound silly to even try to entertain it.

Eli does not have great receivers. Eli has one great receiver in Nicks, and makes his other receivers look better than they are. Their TEs / RBs / and oline cannot compare to ours.

Rivers was still productive when Djax sat out the first 6-8 games last year. Gates is a shell of himself. The man is always hurt. Gates is no longer ranked in the top 10 in the league at his position. Again, it'll be foolish to compare their oline to ours.

I'd take our receiving corps than any of those teams above. Keep sleeping on Crabtree thinking he's a bum...!

Sorry but you have lost your fucking mind. I would take Cruz over any WR we have and certainly consider his performance last season GREAT. You think it was all Eli that made him out battle 2 and sometimes 3 guys for the ball, break tackles, burn guys by five yards, and make one handed catches? You clearly need to re-watch the kid with the hater shades off. Ask the Jets, Seahawks, and Eagles DBs what they think of Cruz. Cruz was a great WR last season, PERIOD.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The problem with our weapons in the past is that there really wasn't any variety to them.

There really was no big bodied throw it up and he'll grab it type, no quick shifty speedster, or no homerun deep threat. The team was nearly comprised of a bunch of possession type of guys which made us easy to defend.

This upcoming season we have a far better mix of weapons which is why I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

As far as Alex Smith goes I don't believe the blame lies squarely on his shoulders. The coaching up till last season was terrible (at least on offense) and no one would accuse us being loaded with dynamic playmakers.

That's not to suggest he doesn't have his share of the blame because he does. It's not like he was playing like Brees out there and everyone else was letting him down.

It just comes down to the age old question of was it Montana that made Rice look good or was it Rice that made Montana look good when the answer is they both made each other look good.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pettigrew is a weapon in his own right. He lost Best to injury but before they had ahomerun threat that the D had to honor. Not to mention, saying he "only" had Megatron is like saying Hefner "only" bangs Playboy bunnies.
Noodle arm Shaun Hill did pretty well with largely the same crew last year.

If Perrigrew is a weapon then so are Crabtree and Manningham. And Best, while explosive, wasn't a consistent runner. He averaged 13.6 yards per carry against the Bears, but in the other games he averaged a very mediocre 3.4, 3.6, 1.2, 4.3, and 3.1.

Megatron is still one player. Just like how Fitz and Andre Johnson are one player. And it's not a coincedence that Megatron had his best year yet when Stafford was finally healthy and in the lineup.

Hill did pretty well? He barely completed 60% of his passes and barely had a QB rating of 80. He was 24th in yards, 21st in TDs, amd 23rd in QB rating. Obviously your definition of "pretty well" is pretty loose.

And even IF Hill played "pretty well", Stafford just had one of the greatest seasons of all time for a QB - at 23!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine all of these guys on the field at the same time:

RB: Kendall Hunter/LaMichael James
WR: A.J. Jenkins, Randy Moss, and Kyle Williams
TE: Vernon Davis

Put Colin Kaepernick under center and we could have one of the most dynamic offenses in the league.

The beauty of it is we can go physical, too.

RB: Frank Gore/Brandon Jacobs
WR: Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham
TE: Vernon Davis, Nate Byham

Can't wait to see this offense in action.

or it could crash and burn as he stares down wr's and gets picked off all day...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Perrigrew is a weapon then so are Crabtree and Manningham. And Best, while explosive, wasn't a consistent runner. He averaged 13.6 yards per carry against the Bears, but in the other games he averaged a very mediocre 3.4, 3.6, 1.2, 4.3, and 3.1.

Megatron is still one player. Just like how Fitz and Andre Johnson are one player. And it's not a coincedence that Megatron had his best year yet when Stafford was finally healthy and in the lineup.

Hill did pretty well? He barely completed 60% of his passes and barely had a QB rating of 80. He was 24th in yards, 21st in TDs, amd 23rd in QB rating. Obviously your definition of "pretty well" is pretty loose.

And even IF Hill played "pretty well", Stafford just had one of the greatest seasons of all time for a QB - at 23!

I didn't stat crunch, but Hill was moving the ball and putting up points like he was Jeff Garcia junior for a bit there. This isn't about whether or not Stafford is good, obviously he is more talented than Alex. But don't say he doesn't have weapons or that Megatron is "just one player." I bet you would trade Crabtree, Manningham, Moss and Davis for that "one player." CJ commands and beats double teams on a regular basis; hell, he beat a triple team against Dallas when EVERYONE knew he was getting the ball. And yea, Stafford had a special season (I will point out with two games against the porous Packers), but we all saw last year that old measures of passing success are outdated with the current rules and trends of the game. Stafford's season was great, but may ultimately not prove that unique.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'd trade Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins for Megatron. But I wouldn't trade our OL for theirs, and I wouldn't trade our TEs for theirs, and I wouldn't trade our RBs with theirs. As a whole, I would NOT trade our offense for theirs if you're not including QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'd trade Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins for Megatron. But I wouldn't trade our OL for theirs, and I wouldn't trade our TEs for theirs, and I wouldn't trade our RBs with theirs. As a whole, I would NOT trade our offense for theirs if you're not including QB.

Just to be clear that's what I was saying, so we disagree on that.

Basically, you're (NS) saying that Smith would do better as the Lions QB than the Niners QB (if the Lions had our defense?). Clyde is emphasizing Vernon Davis and the OL superiority to say that he wouldn't, despite Megatron.

Note: I did not say Smith would do better than Stafford.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Basically, you're (NS) saying that Smith would do better as the Lions QB than the Niners QB (if the Lions had our defense?). Clyde is emphasizing Vernon Davis and the OL superiority to say that he wouldn't, despite Megatron.

Yes. If I were Warty you'd get a Llama, but I'm not so you get :first:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear that's what I was saying, so we disagree on that.

So you think would fair better behind Detroit's OL and without a semblance of play action just because he has Megatron? Yes, we do disagree on that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So you think would fair better behind Detroit's OL and without a semblance of play action just because he has Megatron? Yes, we do disagree on that.

Well he doens't JUST have Megatron. He's the by far the biggest factor, but they have more than just one WR.

This year could be different, of course, because Best's status is in question, and Jenkins & James could end up being the difference maker. But if we're going just by last year I'd take the Lions' QB-less offense over the Niners' QB-less offense (with Harbaugh as the head coach still of course).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he doens't JUST have Megatron. He's the by far the biggest factor, but they have more than just one WR.

This year could be different, of course, because Best's status is in question, and Jenkins & James could end up being the difference maker. But if we're going just by last year I'd take the Lions' QB-less offense over the Niners' QB-less offense (with Harbaugh as the head coach still of course).

Last edited by a moderator: