• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SU Basketball Recruiting 2015

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse basketball team received another commitment for the 2015 season when Moustapha Diagne committed at the Mary Kline Classic in West Orange, New Jersey

Diagne, a native of Senegal, had drawn scholarship offers from Kansas, Florida, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Villanova, West Virginia and many other schools, but he had recently trimmed his final list to Syracuse and Memphis.

"I feel comfortable with Syracuse,'' Diagne said. "They've got a good basketball program. It's a good school and they've got a good basketball program. I can get a good education.''

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A highly biased article

And a way too early determination that SU is leading the pack. There remains a boat load of talent out there and SU has used all their scholarships.

But anyways...if you're Orange, this will make you feel purdy good.

Syracuse, N.Y. — ESPN Recruiting Nation just released its updated rankings for the high school basketball players in the Class of 2015, and Syracuse is dominating the charts.

Syracuse has already received four commitments from recruits in the 2015 class, and all four are in ESPN's newest rankings. In fact, all four future Orange players are in the top 70.

No other school has as many commitments for 2015. Ohio State has three commitments. Arizona, Illinois, Georgetown and Florida each have two commitments.

Syracuse's four commitments are Malachi Richardson, a 6-5 shooting guard from Trenton, N.J.; Frank Howard, a 6-5 combo guard from Paul VI High School in Fairfax, Va.; Tyler Lydon, a 6-9 forward from Pine Plains, N.Y.; and Moustapha Diagne, a 6-9 forward from Pope John XXIII High School in Sparta, N.J.
Diagne is the most recent commitment. He announced his decision at the Mary Kline Classic in West Orange, N.J., on Saturday.

Of the four Syracuse recruits, Richardson is rated the highest. He is ranked 15th in ESPN's index. Diagne came in at No. 44. That's a curious drop, especially for a player who, by all accounts, has tremendous upside. In ESPN's previous rankings, Diagne was at No. 29.

Syracuse basketball's 2015 class tops ESPN rankings | syracuse.com

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Page From Bama Football

SU is gambling someone will leave early to the NBA or transfer. I'm mixed how I feel about this approach.

Diagne's decision brought Syracuse's recruiting haul in the Class of 2015 to four. Diagne, a 6-8 forward from Pope John XXIII High School in Sparta, N.J., joined Malachi Richardson, a 6-5 guard from Trenton (N.J.) Catholic; Tyler Lydon, a 6-9 forward from Pine Plains, N.Y.; and Frank Howard, a 6-5 guard from Paul VI High School in Fairfax, Va.

The commitments, combined with the players currently on Syracuse's roster, would put the Orange at the NCAA's limit of 13 scholarship players heading into the 2015-16 academic year.

However, the Syracuse coaches will continue to pursue two highly-rated players in the 2015 class — Thomas Bryant, a 6-10 power forward/center from Rochester, N.Y., and Derrick Jones, a 6-6 wing from Philadelphia. Bryant is the No. 11-rated player in the 2015 class, according to Scout.com, and Jones is ranked 13th.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...se_continues_to_recruit_a_pair_of_big-ti.html

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up Jonvi!

Not much big man. I'm still cleaning up after winter, but am getting there.

I'm waiting on bass season to open up. I'm off the week following opening weekend. I have a buddy coming up from SC for the week. He loves the St. Lawrence opening week. We do catch a shit load of smallies up here.

On opening Saturday I plan on being on Cayuga or Seneca Lakes. Prolly will fish em both. Suday and Monday we'll be on Sodas Bay and Lake Ontario. Tuesday traveling back up here and fishing the St. Lawrence the rest of the week.

Gus-3

Honeoye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did ya make out?

Used to live in Sodus Point. Sailed outta the SBYC, met my wife there.